18 yr. old alone on Los Veranos excursion?

Ninner

I need some opinions as to whether to let my 18 year old son go on the Los Veranos excursion on his own or if his dad or myself should tag along. Neither of us want to go, but he is dying to go. We will make sure he gets on the Los Veranos van from the Disco but after that will he be ok, do you think? He's been on a cruise with us before as well as traveled to England and Scotland without us (but was chaperoned). I'm a bit of a overprotective mother, so need some advice.

I need some opinions as to whether to let my 18 year old son go on the Los Veranos excursion on his own or if his dad or myself should tag along. Neither of us want to go, but he is dying to go. We will make sure he gets on the Los Veranos van from the Disco but after that will he be ok, do you think? He's been on a cruise with us before as well as traveled to England and Scotland without us (but was chaperoned). I'm a bit of a overprotective mother, so need some advice.

I would be comfortable with it if he was on a ship sponsored excursion.

We just did that tour. I would'nt have a problem sending my 18 year old son now that I've done the tour myself. It's true they pick you up from the Disco and drop you off at the ship. They are all very professional and I felt safe. That was the highlight of my cruise!:D He is going to love it! Have him purchase the video so you can see what he did that day and he can have some good memories of when he flew through the forrest!! ;)

We just did the Los Veranos tour also, and I would have no problem sending my 18 year old son on his own (although I might not have said that before we went). If the ship departure time was earlier, I might advise a ship excursion, but we did not leave PV until 10 pm, so it is not a rush to get back to the ship. The guides at Los Veranos were very professional and helpful. If you don't have a cell phone that you can use in Mexico, make sure he has the local number to call the Carnival port representative, just in case something happens and he needs to get in touch with you or with the ship. The number is on the front of the Capers you get for that day.

Ninner,

Double check the Roll Call board for your trip....there may be other people going on this excursion and they may have no problem with him tagging along. I went last year and going again in Oct.and if you were on our sailing, I would have no issue with him coming with my daughter and I.

I'd send him on his own,unless dad is really into it as a boding experience if not, you can have your own nice day & your son can have an adventure--in a controlled setting!

no way I'd be doing that activity...but would not deprive anyone else...looks like fun for the young & hardy!

Hi All - Well, thanks for your replies and for understanding a paranoid mother! Dad decided ziplining wouldn't be too bad after all so father and son will have an outing together! Now I feel much better. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All - Well, thanks for your replies and for understanding a paranoid mother! Dad decided ziplining wouldn't be too bad after all so father and son will have an outing together! Now I feel much better. :D

great!!! .. me and 20 y/o son did the zip Aug 7 and we had fun. The way up the mountain is on rough and narrow road but the moutain/forest view is fantastic. Make sure to bring pocket camera that can be safely secured in the pocket or belt bag so they take picture of each other while in the landing stations. There will be some uphill climb between stations so consider health issues, but this excursion is a good bonding for both your husband and son..

Archived