pre-boarding health questionaires

bitemyfly

hello all

we havent cruised for the last 11 monthes.. so in addition to the security process i understand there is a questionaire regarding health.

can someone tell me what is the process ? when ? and is the questionaire available online? is it a seperate line ? things like that

thanks

The questionnaire is targeting people who might have noro symptoms. Some cruises I have had to fill it out, others not. They are concerned about symptoms in the recent past, less than a week, so no, you wouldn't be able to do it online. EM

Its just a paper, takes only a minute. They want to know if you have been sick or around someone sick, check a few boxes, sign your name, turn it in when you check in. Started with Carnival with this flu stuff lately. Princess uses the same thing at times.

The questionnaire is targeting people who might have noro symptoms. Some cruises I have had to fill it out, others not. They are concerned about symptoms in the recent past, less than a week, so no, you wouldn't be able to do it online. EM

Noro has been around for a while, and Carnival didnt always use this form, they started it with this H1N1 flu. I think they want to stop those with any form of flu, true, but it started more specifically when the swine flu started this time.

..... Just my opinion

We had to fill one out in June before boarding the Freedom. They handed it to us as we were standing in line for the embarkation process and we filled it out as we were inching forward in line. It's just a one page questionnaire about recent symptoms (if any). No worries, just fill it out and hand it in!:)

I agree, Firefly, I felt like they were aiming this toward H1N1 prevention. I don't remember ever filling one out on previous cruises. I also noticed more hand sanitizer stations than usual. I don't think I had ever seen those at the gangway at ports before.

The form is a CDC item and I believe is required on all cruises departing from U.S. ports.

Doc

Well, then how do you explain why it wasnt in use on Carnival all this time. I know Iv never filled one out until this pay May after the flu scare broke out. I was on Voyager in April, no questionaire, I was on Estasy this past January, no questionaire, Conquest last Sept, no questionaire... none on Carnival until this past May.

Maybe Im misunderstanding you and you mean a NEW CDC form, not something previously required?

We had to fill one out in June before boarding the Freedom. They handed it to us as we were standing in line for the embarkation process and we filled it out as we were inching forward in line. It's just a one page questionnaire about recent symptoms (if any). No worries, just fill it out and hand it in!:)

I agree, Firefly, I felt like they were aiming this toward H1N1 prevention. I don't remember ever filling one out on previous cruises. I also noticed more hand sanitizer stations than usual. I don't think I had ever seen those at the gangway at ports before.

Yep. The form was a first for us too when we cruised in July. All of the hand sanitizer stations were a first too.

They use these forms whenever there is an outbreak of a contagious disease. I worked for Celebrity during the SARS outbreak and we had to have passengers fill out the same form. It is just a couple of questions . No biggie. It is kinda futile because who is going to say yes and be forced to see the doctor before you board? I am sure they will die out soon unless there are larger outbreaks of the H1N1. It was much easier to say swine flu but I guess the pigs were offended. Cindy

So who in their right mind would be honest - fear of not being allowed on the cruise would win me over. Just sayin'

I sat next to a lady who said, she just wanted to be honest and said yes, she just got over pneumonia, and the doctor had cleared her to travel ... caused her enough head aches ... I was thinking why say yes, but she said just in case she had health issues on the ship, she wanted it to be known she had just been sick.

I agree with you. Keep your mouth shut and dont cause yourself problems if you plan on boarding anyway.

Noro has been around for a while, and Carnival didnt always use this form, they started it with this H1N1 flu. I think they want to stop those with any form of flu, true, but it started more specifically when the swine flu started this time.

..... Just my opinion

That's not true........we had to fill one out when we were on the Victory in 2003.......I believe it was when the norwalk virus was going around then.......

So far we had to fill 3 out......2 on Carnival and one on Princess.......

Well, then how do you explain why it wasnt in use on Carnival all this time. I know Iv never filled one out until this pay May after the flu scare broke out. I was on Voyager in April, no questionaire, I was on Estasy this past January, no questionaire, Conquest last Sept, no questionaire... none on Carnival until this past May.

Maybe Im misunderstanding you and you mean a NEW CDC form, not something previously required?

This is when the CDC asked the cruise lines to utilize the pre-screening form. This is based on the theory that the majority of people are honest.

Doc

That's not true........we had to fill one out when we were on the Victory in 2003.......I believe it was when the norwalk virus was going around then.......

Yes I mentioned I had done one previously on Princess, might have been a time of another different outbreak. I didnt mean they had NEVER done it, but it started most recently when this flu broke out.

Id seen the form before, so I wasnt surprised .... but its new this time around because of the flu.

Iv only seen the form on Carnival and Princess, and Carnnival owns Princess, so not sure if its a Carnival or CDC form. The above poster never posted a link showing this was a CDC requirement.

This is when the CDC asked the cruise lines to utilize the pre-screening form. This is based on the theory that the majority of people are honest.

Doc

I was on Voyager in April, and blithely unaware of the problem and no screening form on RCL at that time....

Is RCL now doing it too? Anyone know?? That would show that its a CDC requirement, not just Carnival plc doing this.

I was on Voyager in April, and blithely unaware of the problem and no screening form on RCL at that time....

Is RCL now doing it too? Anyone know?? That would show that its a CDC requirement, not just Carnival plc doing this.

I'll find out in 2 weeks:D

I'll find out in 2 weeks:D

Thanks, let us know :D Since someone above said it was a requirement, then that would mean all cruiselines would have to be doing it.

If it is like the conquest was in May lots of hand sanitizers, to make people feel better, not that I hear they do a lot of good.

Yes, we had to fill it out on our July RCL cruise.

FWIW, we also completed this form for our January 09 NCL cruise.

2003 was during the SARS scare. That is when I worked for Celebrity and worked one Carnival sailing from Baltimore. Both Celebrity and Carnival were doing the forms for SARS then. Cindy

Archived