Which Carnival itinterary for Caribbean?

sweetlouise

We just got back from a Northbound Alaska trip on MOnday (with Princess) and I'm already starting to look into info for Caribbean on Carnival. Which itinerary is the best? Which is the best port for embarkation??

I see the Liberty has itineraries both leaving out of Miami on 7/3 and 7/10/10 .... and I'm just curious which would be better. DH and I are traveling with our 2 kids, who will be 15 and 17 at the time of cruising next year).

Miami - day at sea - cozumel - day at sea - grand cayman - ochos rios,jamaica - day at sea - miami

or

Miami -Half Moon Cay, Bahamas - Day at sea - St. Thomas - San Juan, PR - Grand Turk - Day at Sea - Miami

I'm leaning towards the 2nd one only because it includes St. Thomas. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

simmy :-)

We're doing the Liberty Eastern itinerary next June. We chose the Eastern primarily because of the ports. Half Moon Cay is the best! Also, I have never been to Turks & Caicos before, and I have been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman a couple of times before. Also, I am not a big fan of Jamaica at all.

I guess it just depends on which ports you would like to see. No matter what you decide, have a great trip!

I love the Southern Caribbean on Carnival Victory which sails out of San Juan, PR. I have done this route twice and will do it a 3rd time next summer. If you love activities on or around the water it is a great cruise. Including San Juan you would get to visit a total of 7 islands.

Write East, West, and South on separate pieces of paper. Put them in a hat. Pull one out, take that cruise. Next pull out of the 2 remaining. Take that cruise next. You can figure out the rest.:D

I'd take any of them AGAIN.

I love the Southern Caribbean on Carnival Victory which sails out of San Juan, PR. I have done this route twice and will do it a 3rd time next summer. If you love activities on or around the water it is a great cruise. Including San Juan you would get to visit a total of 7 islands.

I think that the OP is torn between the EASTERN and WESTERN itinerary, not the SOUTHERN...;)

By the way, I've been on the Libery twice, once on the Western and once on the Eastern. It's by FAR my favorite Carnival ship. i liked the Eastern more only because it seemed to be a much more relaxing itinerary and that's what we were looking for.

I would take the Eastern over the Western, prefer St Thomas, HMC and San Juan over the Jamaica and Grand Cayman choice. Grand Turk is ok, but I wish they would offer some new excursions that aren't too pricey. I do alway's enjoy Cozumel though.

I agree with your thinking. The second is better. Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios are both negatives, IMHO

IMHO Grand Cayman was excellent! I loved smimming with the stingrays. San Juan was just OK. I don't plan on going back there. Try them both if you can.

Since you're in SoCal, you might look at airfare to Houston. Carnival sails two Caribbean routes out of Galveston. It's easy on/easy off and a reasonably short ride to Hobby airport (Southwest Air). A bit longer up to Intercontinental Airport, but You avoid an extra couple of hours of flight time.

WinnipegCruiser, thanks for posting the pic. That is unbelievably beautiful and exactly what I am hoping to see :-)

Thanks to everyone else for their responses.

We did check the Galveston cruises but weren't thrilledwith the itinerary. The eastern caribbean has 3 days at sea, 2 ports in Bahamas, and 1 in Key West, FL. I'd rather not visit Florida on a cruise (except of course, for embarkation/disembarkation).

DH is outof town right now but when he comes home I am saying "hi honey, i think I found our cruise for next year". I really like the Eastern Caribbean out of Miami. July 10. Carnival Liberty looks really nice.

They are both cruise vacations, how can you go wrong with either of them. If you are leaning towards St. Thomas then go ahead and book that cruise. St. Thomas and St. John are beautiful islands. We have been to St. Thomas on our last two cruises. The only island listed that we haven't been to is Grand Turk, but all the others were a lot of fun for us.

I got back from a cruise on the Liberty August 8th. Half Moon Cay was our first stop. We enjoyed all of our ports of call. The service on the Liberty was outstanding.

Last year we cruised on the Legend out of Tampa. Ports of call were Gand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel and Roatan. This was the trip that got me hooked on cruises. Roatan was my favorite port. The Legend is a great ship with great service. I think you should consider this one too.

I have been on many cruises

My favorite is still Southern Carib the longer the better

If you only have a week go to SJU and take A southern Carib out of Puerto rico.Apparentlt CCL is going back to Curacao and Aruba -FABULOUS ..go there I love it

I prefer Eastern over Western ...more shopping,nice beaches

I do not care for Mexican Riviera --It is cold till you get to Puerto Vallarta..I'm saying JOGGING suit and hoodie cold ...we did this one in March ...you could not sit out in bathing suit BRRRRRRRRRRR

Wherever you go BE safe Have a great time!!!

Michele

Thanks for this post. I have been going between the two myself. My dh and I did the Eastern on the Destiny this January and are looking to book a cruise for the family next year. I really like the looks of the Eastern on the Liberty. I fell in love with HMC and can't wait to take my kids there. I wish more ships went there. We went to Grand Turk on our last cruise and swam with the stingrays. It was awesome. Others on our excursion said it compared to the rays in the Grand Cayman. Good luck on choosing!

I would definitely vote for the second on your list. We're not fans of Jamaica at all. We went to San Juan this past Feb on the Liberty of the Seas and thought it was a great place. Took a Segway tour of old San Juan that was incredible. We thought the Carnival Liberty was a beautiful ship that had a great crew and great service. One of my favorite ships. Wherever you go you'll have a great time!

Bob

Is August a safe month to avoid hurricaines/tropical storms in the carrib ??? Last year we did Mexican Riviera in August and had a tropical storm on our tail and heard there had been some in the Carrib where people had to cancel. Is this the norm for August? This is why I am thinking July instead. Hoping a month earlier will add a little more security for iffy weather.

Archived