Advice needed - what to do on last day!!

Hi,

I've just booked my first cruise on FOS in Feb, I'm really excited and have read many of the threads on here to get an idea of what to expect, I've just got a question that I cant seem to find an answer on....when we depart on our last day our flight to the UK isnt until 6.30pm, we leave the ship at 7.00am - do you have any suggestions on what to do on that last day, where do you leave luggage etc etc...I dont fancy sitting in Orlando Airport ALL day!!

Am I right in thinking your off the ship pretty quickly?

We'll be in Florida by the way!!!!

Thanks

No, you won't have to be off at 7am, you can get off latest about 10am. You can rent a car and go to the beach or sight see for the day. You could go to Cape Canaveral to the space museum. You could get a day room at the Hyatt which is right inside the airport.

I would get a dayroom--that's ALOT of time to kill! With a room, you will have a pool, bathroom, TV, a place to BE!!!!!

Or, check on an earlier flight time...and compare the price of a day room vs. a flight change cost....

It's about a 45min-1 hour drive to the airport from Port Canaveral.

We walked off the ship with our bags at 8am - port of Miami. Got in a taxi and 10 minutes later we were in a day room at the Wyndham Miami airport. It was about £50 for the day - had a kip, spent a few hours by the pool, got a free transfer to the airport about 5pm - highly recommended.

Jane

x

There are a couple of options for Royal Caribbean excursions on the final day. One is an airboat ride where you can see gators & other crazy Florida wildlife. The other is a trip up to the Kennedy Space Center and tour. For both of these options they take you from the ship to the excursion, handle your luggage, then get you to the airport.

A rental car is also a good choice. You could head over to Cocoa Beach and spend the day in the sand and water, take a drive up or down the coast, or go into Orlando and do some shopping. There is a good sized mall (Florida Mall) a few miles from the airport. There are also outlet stores a few more minutes away. The airport is just 45 minutes from Port Canaveral, and the shopping is maybe another 15-20 minutes away.

And then there are day rooms at one of the hotels either at the airport or close by. I guess it just depends if you want to get out and do something, or hang out in a hotel room before an overnight flight!

I'd probably rent a car and visit the Kennedy Space Center or get a room at Cocoa Beach/airport. You could enjoy the beach and pool and relax and shower before getting on your flight. Another idea is to go to Downtown Disney or one of the Disney resorts (Boardwalk) and have a nice lunch.

Hi,

I've just booked my first cruise on FOS in Feb, I'm really excited and have read many of the threads on here to get an idea of what to expect, I've just got a question that I cant seem to find an answer on....when we depart on our last day our flight to the UK isnt until 6.30pm, we leave the ship at 7.00am - do you have any suggestions on what to do on that last day, where do you leave luggage etc etc...I dont fancy sitting in Orlando Airport ALL day!!

Thanks

I see your a fellow Mancunian, welcome to CC.

Who are you flying home with? We're flying Manchester to Orlando with Virgin.

There's been plenty of suggestions here on what to do on that last day which should give you some ideas. If you don't want to pick up a one-way car rental from Cocoa Beach and dropping off at Orlando airport, I'd check out the excursions and choose one that drops you at the airport when it's over. The Kennedy Space Centre VIP tour looks good and is available for people with an international flight departing after 5 p.m.

Hi,

Thanks

If you have booked the flight as part of the package then you will be taken from the ship to the airport around 9am- so take a good book! If your flight is after a certain time you will get a day room. Even if you have the package you may want to break free as others have suggested, do your own car hire at the port and spend your last day doing last minute outlet mall shopping or sightseeing. Avis, Budget, Thrifty/Dollar, Hertz & Enterprise all have locations at MCO and Cape Canaveral. They all offer free shuttles to/from the port and are all located on the same road in Cape Canaveral.

We came off FOS on Aug 2nd.We were a 5:55pm flight back to UK from Orlando airport.We had a car pick us up and take us to a day room I had booked at Hyatt Regency Hotel.It's right at Orlando airport.Don't know wihich aiprot you are flying from.The day room was available 10:30 to 3:30

I see your a fellow Mancunian, welcome to CC.

Who are you flying home with? We're flying Manchester to Orlando with Virgin.

There's been plenty of suggestions here on what to do on that last day which should give you some ideas. If you don't want to pick up a one-way car rental from Cocoa Beach and dropping off at Orlando airport, I'd check out the excursions and choose one that drops you at the airport when it's over. The Kennedy Space Centre VIP tour looks good and is available for people with an international flight departing after 5 p.m.

I did the Kennedy Space Center VIP tour after getting back on Mariner last year when she was still in Port Canaveral and it was great. RCI took care of the luggage and transportation to MCO and there was a tour guide included as well. I highly recommend it if it is something that may be of interest to you. Just my two pence for my cruise critic friend across the pond. :D

we did the RCCL excursion to Kennedy Space Centre in 2006 after our BtoB on Marriner and will be doing it again on October when we come off Freedom. Our luggage will be stored in the coach while we do the tour and at the end of the tour we will be taken back to the Airport for our flight back to Gatwick. The KSC is well worth the visit.

Archived