Obstructed View cabins from Golden Princess - Emerald deck!

kooljamming

Has anyone stayed in E605 or E607? We're booked on the Star (Golden's sister) and they appear to have decent views from the deck plan.

Last cruise we were over the theatre and could hear the boom-boom of the late shows.

These cabins are over the photo gallery and the opposite side of the ship from the Wheelhouse Bar. Would music (vibration) from the bar be heard at night in these cabins?

I'm still trying to imagine the amused steward wondering why you would want to take these photos!!:D Only a true CC member would understand!

All the pictures were taken in about 35 minutes, so I was moving very quickly. I told the stewards that my friends wanted to see the view from the room. One finally asked, how many friends:D

Kooljamming,

Thanks for posting the photos as we passed you in Tracy Arm. I know you were going to post a review but appears you didn't. I also have the same concerns you have about that. If there is anything negative, the attacks begin.We have always had a wonderful time on every cruise because we don't dwell on the bad stuff. Doing an honest review , should list everything.

We no longer cruise because of the fabulous meals. These days many meals are just so so. We go for the fun and we never starve.Also we cruise for the friendships made both before we cruise on the roll Call, and once on the ship. Cruise Critic has definetly added to our cruise experience.

San Diego Sue:D

Kooljamming,

Thanks for posting the photos as we passed you in Tracy Arm. I know you were going to post a review but appears you didn't. I also have the same concerns you have about that. If there is anything negative, the attacks begin.We have always had a wonderful time on every cruise because we don't dwell on the bad stuff. Doing an honest review , should list everything.

We no longer cruise because of the fabulous meals. These days many meals are just so so. We go for the fun and we never starve.Also we cruise for the friendships made both before we cruise on the roll Call, and once on the ship. Cruise Critic has definetly added to our cruise experience.

San Diego Sue:D

This cruise was far from smooth sailing. However the trip was still one of discovering amazing beauty and meeting wonderful people. I have the pics of the Star on a huge poster board. Of all the pics (over 650) those top the list.

We've booked E404 on the Grand for Jan. According to the photos posted here, there are walkways to get to the canisters holding the inflatable rafts. The canisters are below the sight line out the window. So it's not as bad as having one of the larger orange boats outside your window.

Take care of that cabin, we're in it may/June after you! :p

Here is my album of Obstructed view cabins. For those with concerns, these pics were taken while the cabins were vacant. Pictures were taken between 8 am and 8:36 am according to the cheap watch I was wearing at the time. The view might not be precise due to camera angle, inexperience photographer, and lightening but is a fair representation of what you will see. The aft balcony, cabin E730 with beam is included

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574160357udMMZr?start=0

There might be 40 -45 decent shots of the obstructed view.

Enjoy and Ciao

very cool. E404 (barring an upgrade to a Penthouse :eek:;):p:D) is our cabin in May/June and now we have an exact idea of what to expect out of our window! I believe the Grand and Golden are identical in so far as the Emerald deck is concerned.... for that matter most of the ship

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
very cool. E404 (barring an upgrade to a Penthouse :eek:;):p:D) is our cabin in May/June and now we have an exact idea of what to expect out of our window! I believe the Grand and Golden are identical in so far as the Emerald deck is concerned.... for that matter most of the ship

Thanks

You are welcome!

Archived