Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

I have another watertaxi question:

I was looking at the schedule and there are 2, one upbound and one downbound. My question is when the taxi reaches the last stop will it loop back to the beginning or do they make you get off and catch another one? ie: downbound starts at 10 and ends at 1A, after the 1A stop can you stay on and have it take you to stop #10 or do you have to get off and catch an upbound taxi and go through all stops 2,3 ect till 10?

The other thing is, schedule A and B, I see most weekends are A but today I noticed they are running B (sunday). Is there a way to check certain days or di they just decide that day prior to first boat?

Thank you again!

You don't have to get off, as it goes upbound and downbound in a continuous loop. If you look on the website it will tell you at the top of the page which schedule is operating on any given day.

You don't have to get off, as it goes upbound and downbound in a continuous loop. If you look on the website it will tell you at the top of the page which schedule is operating on any given day.

As always, Royalcruz is correct and may I add she always gives good advice!:D

Last winter we took the water taxi and it was seamless. There was a crew change up river, but it took only a couple of minutes.

Would anyone be able to help with time and taxi costs for travel from the airport to the Seminole HardRock Hotel and then to the Port. We are booked for one night, a Thurs, precruise in April, I'm thinking it shouldn't be too excessive. My husband wanted to go last year when we stayed at the Hyatt Place Dania Beach, but we didn't make it. Thank you!

Would anyone be able to help with time and taxi costs for travel from the airport to the Seminole HardRock Hotel and then to the Port. We are booked for one night, a Thurs, precruise in April, I'm thinking it shouldn't be too excessive. My husband wanted to go last year when we stayed at the Hyatt Place Dania Beach, but we didn't make it. Thank you!

I'm going to guess about $25-35 to the hotel and $30-40 to the port. Time depends on traffic/time of day, but in light traffic about 15 minutes, 7-10 miles from the airport, a little more to the port.

You may have answered this already, but I am wondering if you have any suggestions to get to/fom the port for a large group. We have about 19 and 13 will be staying in Lauderdale by the Sea for the week before and 6 are a mile or so away on 62nd in Fort Lauderdale. We have cars enough for everyone, but don't really want to leave that many at the port for a week. Any suggestions other than a taxi(s) would be great. Thanks.

You may have answered this already, but I am wondering if you have any suggestions to get to/fom the port for a large group. We have about 19 and 13 will be staying in Lauderdale by the Sea for the week before and 6 are a mile or so away on 62nd in Fort Lauderdale. We have cars enough for everyone, but don't really want to leave that many at the port for a week. Any suggestions other than a taxi(s) would be great. Thanks.

Hopefully someone with experience with large group transportation will answer. Just so you know, the hotels on 62nd St (Cypress Creek Rd) are 4-6 miles away from Lauderdale by the Sea (depends on which hotel).

We are flying in a couple days early to spend time with my mother in law before our cruise. She lives in Miami Lakes and is unable to drive. What would be the best way to get to the port? Taxi or is there a good transportation service to check into?

I did find a hotel - more than I had wanted to spend but not much I can do. I also found out there is a medical conference with 4000 attendees starting that Monday after so figure people will come early for the weekend. And The first four hotels listed for them are on 16th street so that is why so much is sold out.

Thanks for all your help.

We are flying in a couple days early to spend time with my mother in law before our cruise. She lives in Miami Lakes and is unable to drive. What would be the best way to get to the port? Taxi or is there a good transportation service to check into?

I use a private driver with a towne car, slightly more than taxi cost but includes gratuity, so maybe the same. If you email me I can give you contact information. royalcats at aol dot com.

I use a private driver with a towne car, slightly more than taxi cost but includes gratuity, so maybe the same. If you email me I can give you contact information. royalcats at aol dot com.

Thank you so much! I will send you an email.

We booked a last minute cruise and flying into FLL on Sunday night before our Monday departure on Dec 9th. I have skimmed through the info on here a little...What Hotel do you recommend for one night that I can run to a store foe a couple bottles of wine before heading to the ship? Would save some luggage space packing them in checked luggage! :p

Thanks in advance!

We booked a last minute cruise and flying into FLL on Sunday night before our Monday departure on Dec 9th. I have skimmed through the info on here a little...What Hotel do you recommend for one night that I can run to a store foe a couple bottles of wine before heading to the ship? Would save some luggage space packing them in checked luggage! :p

Thanks in advance!

Hi, IMHO the Embassy Suites on 17th street is a great location. Total wine and More is a close walk, there is large, well stocked Radio Shack close by for last minute camera things, and a number of nice restaurants close by for dinner the night before. The hotel also has a free cocktail hour in the evening (not much to it, but ok) and a nice breakfast included in the price. If you are really coming early there is the Sun Trolley to take you about town to see the sights or get to the beach. I am a Southwest flier and I got a great price and points for my pre-cruise booking last year and again for January. Laurie

Edited by ljandiernp
typos

Thanks in advance!

Hyatt Place and Embassy Suites are the closest hotels to Harbor Shops where Total Wine is. That's the most popular wine store.

Hi, IMHO the Embassy Suites on 17th street is a great location. Total wine and More is a close walk, there is large, well stocked Radio Shack close by for last minute camera things, and a number of nice restaurants close by for dinner the night before. The hotel also has a free cocktail hour in the evening (not much to it, but ok) and a nice breakfast included in the price. If you are really coming early there is the Sun Trolley to take you about town to see the sights or get to the beach. I am a Southwest flier and I got a great price and points for my pre-cruise booking last year and again for January. Laurie

Having only stayed at the Embassy suites, and were very pleased, we feel we do not have to look any where else for a one night pre-cruise hotel.

Sea Ya

We are stay 1 night post cruise, so we have the full day in Fort Lauderdale( flight 8:30 next morning) So if I decide to use aeroplan for my hotel I have 2 choices Sheraton Beach on seabreeze or Westin Diplomat on south Ocean Dr. Which one would you choose and why?

We are stay 1 night post cruise, so we have the full day in Fort Lauderdale( flight 8:30 next morning) So if I decide to use aeroplan for my hotel I have 2 choices Sheraton Beach on seabreeze or Westin Diplomat on south Ocean Dr. Which one would you choose and why?

If price were no object I would choose Westin. The Sheraton is fine but Westin Diplomat is MUCH nicer. Westin is further from the port and airport so it will cost about $20 more each way in cab fare than the Sheraton. Westin is also too far from anything to walk to, but there are several restaurants at the hotel. From Sheraton, you can easily walk to a few places and Beach Place is about a mile or so walk.