Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Howdy. Skimmed through a bunch of pages and decided just to ask (no doubt again)...

We are leaving on the Crown Princess and would like to just park at the port and wheel our luggage over. We just walk on these days (no porters needed). First time to do this at FLL. Is the garage/lot close enough for an easy walk over? Anything I should worry about?

Thanks!

There are 5 different terminals for cruises out of Port Everglades on February 1st, but you will park closest to your ship. If you are in terminal 29 there is a free shuttle to the midport garage, as it is too far to walk. Here's a link to set your mind at ease. http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/Port-Map-2009.pdf

There are 5 different terminals for cruises out of Port Everglades on February 1st, but you will park closest to your ship. If you are in terminal 29 there is a free shuttle to the midport garage, as it is too far to walk. Here's a link to set your mind at ease. http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/media/Port-Map-2009.pdf

Thanks for the map. I guess I will wait until that week and see what terminal the Crown will be in. If we have to use a shuttle, I don't see an advantage for parking on-site. Am I missing something? Thanks again.

Thanks for the map. I guess I will wait until that week and see what terminal the Crown will be in. If we have to use a shuttle, I don't see an advantage for parking on-site. Am I missing something? Thanks again.

The advantage of parking on site is that the port has better security than other parking lots. Anyway, you're more likely to be at one of the other terminals.

I am looking for a hotel in Ft lauderdale for March. I stayed 2 years ago at the Marriott Springhill Suites on 17th. I liked the area because of all the close by shopping. I know there were other hotels close by but can not remember what they were.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

I am looking for a hotel in Ft lauderdale for March. I stayed 2 years ago at the Marriott Springhill Suites on 17th. I liked the area because of all the close by shopping. I know there were other hotels close by but can not remember what they were.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Springhill Suites is on 18th Ct in Dania Beach, near Oakwood Plaza. Other hotels adjacent to and across the street from Oakwood Plaza:

Hyatt Place FLL Airport/Cruiseport

Hampton Inn & Suites FLL Airport South

Hilton Garden Inn FLL Airport/Cruiseport

Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport South

Hyatt House Airport/Cruiseport

There also are a Best Western Plus and Cambria Suites but they are a couple of blocks away on the other side of I95.

You're welcome.

I will be unavailable through 12/23, so if anyone posts questions directly for me, please know that I am not ignoring you.:)

Hi Sharon, you going on a cruise?:D

Edited by Lois R

Hi Everyone,

I am sure this has been covered somewhere in the 233 pages of this thread! But I am wondering the best way to get to the port from FLL. We are arriving at 12:24 on the same day! ( I know,it makes me nervous arriving this late on the same day!).

In the past we stayed at the Rodeway. (arriving the day before) They offered a free shuttle from the airport to hotel and hotel to cruiseport. It was reasonably priced and clean.

Thanks!

Edited by debk68

Hi Everyone,

I am sure this has been covered somewhere in the 233 pages of this thread! But I am wondering the best way to get to the port from FLL. We are arriving at 12:24 on the same day! ( I know,it makes me nervous arriving this late on the same day!).

In the past we stayed at the Rodeway. (arriving the day before) They offered a free shuttle from the airport to hotel and hotel to cruiseport. It was reasonably priced and clean.

Thanks!

Taxi is the best way. Quick and inexpensive.

Hello

Just stumbled upon your informative thread and am busy reading through all the questions and answers. I am sorry if this has been asked and answered already:

My family and I will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale post-Princess cruise on January 4 and have a lengthy wait for our flight at 9 pm. We would like to do some shopping but will have all our luggage. Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello

Just stumbled upon your informative thread and am busy reading through all the questions and answers. I am sorry if this has been asked and answered already:

My family and I will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale post-Princess cruise on January 4 and have a lengthy wait for our flight at 9 pm. We would like to do some shopping but will have all our luggage. Any suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Use Luggage Valet and a cab to get where you want to go, or better yet rent a car and put the bags in the trunk. Good luck! :)

Vulcan Rider is on a Princess cruise according to his posting. They call their program EZ Check. Most major airlines participate -- you pay per piece of luggage ($20 I think) and after placing your suitcase out the night before disembarkation you don't see it again until you arrive at your home airport.

As an alternative (if you don't want to pay the EX Check fee or your airline doesn't participate), all the terminals at FLL have Bags to Go (http://www.bagstogo.net) where you can store your luggage for a fee.

I'm not sure if you can use the luggage service for international flights. Anyway, for the same price as using the luggage service and a taxi, you should be able to rent a car for the day and put the luggage in the trunk. Go to Galleria Mall if you want to shop at dept stores and mall stores. Go to Coral Ridge Mall if you want to shop at TJMaxx, Marshalls, and Target. Oakwood Plaza has Ross, Marshalls, Kmart, etc. There is also Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall but it's further and so big to manage in the hours that you will have.

I'm not sure if you can use the luggage service for international flights. Anyway, for the same price as using the luggage service and a taxi, you should be able to rent a car for the day and put the luggage in the trunk. Go to Galleria Mall if you want to shop at dept stores and mall stores. Go to Coral Ridge Mall if you want to shop at TJMaxx, Marshalls, and Target. Oakwood Plaza has Ross, Marshalls, Kmart, etc. There is also Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall but it's further and so big to manage in the hours that you will have.

Thanks for all the help. May look at renting a car.

Hey Sharon ...not having very good luck finding a moderate priced hotel (Feb 6-8)in the areas i was hoping for with free shuttle...Hyatt on Valutrips is booked as are alot of the other ones...but pricey.Is there something going on that weekend as well? What other options could you recommend with shopping close by for wine and accessories....thanks...Oh Merry Christmas

Hey Sharon ...not having very good luck finding a moderate priced hotel (Feb 6-8)in the areas i was hoping for with free shuttle...Hyatt on Valutrips is booked as are alot of the other ones...but pricey.Is there something going on that weekend as well? What other options could you recommend with shopping close by for wine and accessories....thanks...Oh Merry Christmas

Hi:) I am not Sharon but we all try to help on here.:D Feb is still

"high season" for south Florida. Suggestions for lower rates:

PRICELINE

HOTWIRE

LMT (last minute travel).

As for shuttles? The hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area are all pretty

close to the pier in the sense of getting there. Personally, I would not

worry about finding a hotel that offers a shuttle and just take a cab.

Merry Christmas to you as well:)

I'm not sure of anything going on that weekend. It's just high season. Try Sleep Inn Dania (Publix across the street), Hampton Inn SW 24th St or Best Western Plus SW 24th St (Winn Dixie and liquor store a block away), Extended Stay SE 17th St or Comfort Suites airport/cruiseport or Holiday Inn Express Convention Center (these are close to Publix and Total Wine). Or book a downtown zone Priceline hotel 3* and up and you'll be fine. Good Luck!

I just found a room for your dates for $191 at Bahia Mar at the beach on HiltonFamilyMVP by signing in with my hhonors number (free to set up an acct). There are no shuttles to the beach hotels, but it will only cost about $20 to the hotel from the airport and less than that to the port in cabfare. There are convenience/liquor stores about 6 blocks away and a CVS (sells wine) about a mile away.

Edited by royalcruz