Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

We will be staying 2 nights at hyatt pier 66 Pre cruise with two seventeen year old girls. Will we need to rent a car or will the water taxi be sufficient in getting us around?

Hi :)The Water Taxi will go on the intercoastal waterway (your hotel is

actually a pick up/drop off point:)).....if you want to see things not

on the waterway? You can take 1) a taxi or 2) the car rental thing.

Depends on how far away you want to go really......are you staying

2 nights but basically 1 full day? Personally, I love the Water Taxi and

Las Olas Blvd has some great restaurants, shops and views:)

We will be staying 2 nights at hyatt pier 66 Pre cruise with two seventeen year old girls. Will we need to rent a car or will the water taxi be sufficient in getting us around?

Pier 66 has restaurants, a spa, and a nice pool, and there is a convenience store across the street, so there is no need to leave the resort. I'm not sure where you are looking to go, but the water taxi will take you to a lot of places, as will Suntrolley.

Please help. My husband and I will be cruising in April with our daughter who will be 8 months at the time. This will be our first cruise with baby, our first child. We are looking to avoid connecting flights so may fly a day early or stay an extra day to avoid. Can you help me find a good hotel? Stupid question: do we need car seat for shuttles? Please help. Thank you in advance.

I don't know about car seats.

Hotel prices in April start at about $150 for an acceptable hotel. What do you mean by a "good" hotel? Price range? amenities? beach? Most cruisers are happy with Hyatt Place near the port, which can be booked on Valuetrips at great prices.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but 200 + pages is just to long to read through.

Looking for an inexpensive, CLEAN and safe ( trustworthy) hotel for our family of four to sleep pre cruise that we can leave our car while on cruise and possibly offers transportation to and from port. Thank you in advance! :)

Edited by scubamommy!

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but 200 + pages is just to long to read through.

Looking for an inexpensive, CLEAN and safe ( trustworthy) hotel for our family of four to sleep pre cruise that we can leave our car while on cruise and possibly offers transportation to and from port. Thank you in advance! :)

These hotels are very popular with cruisers and should have rooms that can accomodate your family. Be aware that no hotels have truly secure parking but Embassy Suites and Renaissance parking is probably the most secure parking and the nicest neighborhood.

Free long term parking:

Fairfield Inn & Suites

Homewood Suites

Free long term parking and cruiseport shuttles:

Springhill Suites

Park & Cruise Packages available for purchase:

Embassy Suites

Cambria Suites

Renaissance

We need to go from the Renaissance Port Hotel out to MIA for our Global Entry interview, then back to the hotel. What would be the most economical way to arrange transportation for this activity?

Yes...or in the morning go to the front desk and see if they can

get one for you:)

We need to go from the Renaissance Port Hotel out to MIA for our Global Entry interview, then back to the hotel. What would be the most economical way to arrange transportation for this activity?

The most economical way would be to take (BCT) Broward County Transit buses to the Trirail then I think there is a shuttle to MIA. Search BCT and Trirail for details.

The next most economical way would be by shuttle but I'm not sure which shuttle companies go to MIA so you need to search that further.

The next option would be to rent a car for the day. There is a car rental company adjacent to Renaissance (Budget?). If you call the hotel, they'll have that info.

A taxi would cost about $80-90 each way.

We are getting a rental car at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and driving to Miami. Based on other posts I'm going to buy the Sunpass online. What is the approximate cost of tolls driving to Miami from FLL?

Edited by mamaehen

We will be staying at the Riverside post cruise is their a cheaper way to the hotel and to FFL air port other than a cab? We will be at the Riverside for 2 nights so what would you recommend for us to do? any tours? We are not a beach people, more like tours and to see the sights. Also we want to do the Fort Lauderdale riverfront cruise, is it like taking the water taxi? is the tour worth it as far as the sights? Do we take it next to the Riverside hotel? Also do they have any coupon for a discount. Thanks so much our cruise is in 3 weeks so excitement is building up:)

We are getting a rental car at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and driving to Miami. Based on other posts I'm going to buy the Sunpass online. What is the approximate cost of tolls driving to Miami from FLL?

You can drive from Fort Lauderdale to Miami without paying any tolls. Just avoid the turnpike and Homestead Extention, Don Shula Expressway (874), far western part of the Dolphin Expressway 836, airport expressway 112, and far left lane on I95.This link can help you to estimate costs once you know what route you are going to take.... https://www.sunpass.com/roadsAndBridges

We will be staying at the Riverside post cruise is their a cheaper way to the hotel and to FFL air port other than a cab? We will be at the Riverside for 2 nights so what would you recommend for us to do? any tours? We are not a beach people, more like tours and to see the sights. Also we want to do the Fort Lauderdale riverfront cruise, is it like taking the water taxi? is the tour worth it as far as the sights? Do we take it next to the Riverside hotel? Also do they have any coupon for a discount. Thanks so much our cruise is in 3 weeks so excitement is building up:)

A cab is very efficient and if you find a cheaper shuttle the difference would be insignificant. The cheapest way from the airport to the hotel is by public transportation...you take the #1 bus north to Las Olas Blvd, then walk east a couple of blocks...I'm not sure how this would work with full size luggage though. No public buses go into the port.

Things to do: walk around downtown, visit Imax, visit the Museum of Art, see a Broadway show or opera if there is anything playing at Broward Center of Performing Arts, visit Museum of Discovery and Science, do a historical walking tour (by historical society, limited days), visit Stranahan House. 2 popular River Cruise companies are Jungle Queen (leaves from the beach) and Carrie B (leaves from just up the Riverwalk past Stranahan House near your hotel). The water taxi does not guarantee a guided tour like these cruises but you usually get one, and it also rides up and down the intracoastal. The Jungle Queen takes you to a private island for a meal and entertainment.

Thanks Sharon. We are staying at the Riverside with your recomendation and we can't wait. Thanks once again. We will try to do as much as we can from your list.

I have stayed at The Riverside a couple of different times:D

I LOVE it and the location is FABULOUS:D

Thanks Sharon. We are staying at the Riverside with your recomendation and we can't wait. Thanks once again. We will try to do as much as we can from your list.

Have fun! You can also just relax your feet by the pool or in the lobby, Golden Lyon lounge, or garden. :)

Arriving May 11th would like a nice hotel on the beach what do u recommend we r going to stay around the hotel would like a massage if available . Thanks for your help also good restraunts in that area seafood/steaks.:):)

Marriott Harbor Beach and W Hotel have spas and very good restaurants, 3030 in Marriott, and Steak 954 in W. Ritz Carlton and Weston also have spas.

First let me say if this question has been asked I'm sorry, but look on here and just don't have the time to go through all the post.

Will be staying at Courtyard Marriott at 440 Seabreeze Blvd. pre cruise and was wondering how is the quickest and best way to get to the shopping area on Las Olas Blvd.

Thanks so much in advance for you time and trouble.:)

Marcy

[quote name='royalcruz']Have fun! You can also just relax your feet by the pool or in the lobby, Golden Lyon lounge, or garden. :)[/QUOTE]

No,no,no relax. We will do that when we go back home :)
Our hotel is in the best area so I hope we will get to see as much as posibe. and just have fun :) Can'ttttttttt waittttttttttt

[quote name='marcyjane']First let me say if this question has been asked I'm sorry, but look on here and just don't have the time to go through all the post.

Will be staying at Courtyard Marriott at 440 Seabreeze Blvd. pre cruise and was wondering how is the quickest and best way to get to the shopping area on Las Olas Blvd.

Thanks so much in advance for you time and trouble.:)

Marcy[/QUOTE]

The quickest is to take a taxi. It's about 1.5 miles to SE 15th Ave (the east end of the district, past the residential streets).

You could walk to Las Olas (about 2 blocks) then catch the Suntrolley downtown the rest of the way.

The cheapest way is to walk, but you'll probably end up walking 5 miles in total round trip.:D Edited by royalcruz

[quote name='royalcruz']The quickest is to take a taxi. It's about 1.5 miles to SE 15th Ave (the east end of the district, past the residential streets).

You could walk to Las Olas (about 2 blocks) then catch the Suntrolley downtown the rest of the way.

The cheapest way is to walk, but you'll probably end up walking 5 miles in total round trip.:D[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much:)
Marcy

Last cruise out of FLL we stayed at the Embassy Suites and Total Wine was right there. This trip we'll be at Courtyard on Seabreeze. So, same question as previous poster...other than the 7-11 (assumption being their selection would be rather limited ; )), someplace close for purchasing our carry-on bottles?