Dress Code Poll

uneamie

NCL Casual Dress Code  

254 members have voted

1. 1. NCL Casual Dress Code

i don't give a hoot because DW and i enjoy dressing up for dinner. and we live by our cruising motto...

"The worse you dress, the better we look." :D

Of course you need that boost. I'm so freakin' hot I don't ;) (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

What should passengers wear to the restaurants for dinner:

A. Slacks and collared shirt

B. Jeans and collared shirt

C. Shorts and collared shirt

D. Anything they wish

I think that would make a good poll. But I would probably clarify what is intended by "slacks." I presume it would include "docker" or "khaki" style pants, or what I sometimes refer to as "non-denim" pants. "Slacks" alone might sound kind of dressy and thereby skew the vote in favor of "jeans."

i love the "free style",1 suit case for ta cruises 2-3 wks & dress up clothes just can't do it. i really don't care what other folks wear, last yr on holland america we ate dinner at the buffet probably 1/2 of the time b/c we didn't want to even to do the 'casual elegant'. would we go to a pay restaurant or the main dinning room in shorts no! but thats us, my sister just returned from the jewel -bermuda, says she doesn't think they'll use ncl again b/c casual dress was allowed in the pay restaurants!

Well, isn't a cruise ship like a small city? When you go out to dinner in any city, is everyone dressed up or down? How about to a show? I've seen people in jeans at the ballet; why is that different? Who cares? I think I would draw the line at pajamas and bathing suits, but that's just me......:D

Spike

Well, isn't a cruise ship like a small city? When you go out to dinner in any city, is everyone dressed up or down? How about to a show? I've seen people in jeans at the ballet; why is that different? Who cares? I think I would draw the line at pajamas and bathing suits, but that's just me......:D

Spike

If a restaurant in a city has a dress code it is enforced. On NCL it appears to be a hit or miss situation that changes with the wind.

I don't understand why people's attire bothers other people. I wear what I am comfortable in, and I am on the cruises to enjoy myself. If other people look different than me, I can laugh at them, smile at them, or ignore them. So, the bottom line is -- I don't give a hoot what they wear !!! Bill

I did not vote since I have not yet sailed NCL. However, one of the reasons we chose NCL rather than another cruiseline was because of the less formal attire necessary. Yes, I enjoy dressing up but I am just not good at it! In Florida, the opportunity to dress up in formal clothes is rare unless you belong to some fancy country club or go to charity benefits. Since we are not of that 'set' and prefer camping and rock and roll to fancy balls, we simply are not equipped for formal nights.

On our last cruise, I spent a long time choosing a dress and forced a friend to come shopping with me. We picked out a lovely dress but I felt very under dressed and awkward on formal night. I will never wear the dress again probably. Now, it was great for my daughters and they looked lovely in their dresses so it was worth it for that reason. Our next cruise will be without the kids and while I might bring a nice skirt or dressy pants, I don't have to bring a formal. I did just buy one for my husband's company holiday party...he has a new job so this is a new experience...but I suspect I will look under dressed and awkward at that party as well and probably be miserable the entire time. But of course, that is his job so its important. Who knows..maybe the dress will look so wonderful that I will bring it on the cruise.....I doubt it though. :p

So I can't wait to sail on NCL and feel comfortable. I will dress nice and not wear jeans to the dining room, not because I think its wrong but because its fun to look nice sometimes. But at least I won't have to feel frumpy or look like a fish out of water because I don't have beads on my dress or a chiffon layer floating behind me or three inch heels. :)

Thanks NCL!

Rian,

I think you and I are probably twins seperated at birth! I could easily have written your post for you and as I read through it I kept thinking that you were putting into words exactly my feelings on the topic of dresses.

I put off ever cruising because of my fears about me in formal wear, looking silly, feeling silly and others looking at me with their noses in the air. Seriously, I was terrified by the thought. Then I heard about NCL and felt it could be the line for me and my husband. We loved our first cruise and right away started planning where to go next. I now have my 4th NCL cruise booked and I am really looking forwards to it. I have no fear whatsoever of feeling uncomfortable with the clothes I am wearing or in the clothes I am wearing. I can feel nice and comfortable and free to enjoy the company of my new found friends on board.

You are going to love cruising the NCL way.

I am not able to select any of the poll options. There isn't any option for people who may like what the Resort Casual dress policy intended but are concerned that it is becoming more 'casual' than 'resort'.

I don't love it --- as I see more 'casual' and less 'resort' at dinner.

I don't hate it --- because I definitely don't prefer the formal dress policies of other lines.

I don't find it confusing --- but from its interpretation, I suspect that others do.

and I DO give a hoot.

It also reflects my opinion :)

Archived