C&A Savings Certificates Combinable with RCCL Visa Rewards?

Hi all...

I'm trying to figure out whether or not you can combine C&A Savings Certificates with the RCCL Visa Rewards. I had assumed since the RCCL Visa Rewards are 'earned' that you would be able to use the two together. I had a cruise on hold and received the usually follow-up call after the hold closed out, and posed this question to the RCCL Rep, who indicated they are NOT combinable. While I know RCCL has taken a stance to not allow combination of certain credits, it seems if the RCCS Visa Rewards are earned through the program and my utilization of that card, they should be combinable with C&A Savings Certificates...

Has anyone heard anything different from this? If they're not combinable I'll probably skip on the cruise and just wait for our honeymoon next year. I had hoped to take a short 4 nighter on Monarch to celebrate my fiance's college graduation and birthday (both on the same day following the day we'd get back from the cruise), but if I can't combine the benefits, I'll bank the cash we would end up spending on this cruise and just save it for the honeymoon...

Thanks for your help!

Definitely yes. I did it in July. But they won't allow you to use two different Royal issued credits no matter what. I had a booking ObC and they wouldn't allow me to use it because I used the C&A coupons. If you really want to be shrewd, look for a ta that offers prepaid gratutities also. :) If the TA gives you something not through Royal, Royal can't touch it.

Hi all...

I'm trying to figure out whether or not you can combine C&A Savings Certificates with the RCCL Visa Rewards. I had assumed since the RCCL Visa Rewards are 'earned' that you would be able to use the two together. I had a cruise on hold and received the usually follow-up call after the hold closed out, and posed this question to the RCCL Rep, who indicated they are NOT combinable. While I know RCCL has taken a stance to not allow combination of certain credits, it seems if the RCCS Visa Rewards are earned through the program and my utilization of that card, they should be combinable with C&A Savings Certificates...

Has anyone heard anything different from this? If they're not combinable I'll probably skip on the cruise and just wait for our honeymoon next year. I had hoped to take a short 4 nighter on Monarch to celebrate my fiance's college graduation and birthday (both on the same day following the day we'd get back from the cruise), but if I can't combine the benefits, I'll bank the cash we would end up spending on this cruise and just save it for the honeymoon...

Thanks for your help!

I've been told the opposite - that you can now use only one "discount".

Shareholder benefit

Platinum or Diamond benefit

B of A Visa benefit

Not 2 out of 3 - only one. Like the OP stated, it defies logic since the Visa benefit is based on actual account activity. I'd love to be proved wrong on this though. :)

Visa rewards combine with anything/everything.

Yeah, because RC doesn't pay for them! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the responses... I thought they were combinable, but after speaking with the rep, I thought that I may have been wrong.

Nope, REP was wrong. Not the first time, won't be the last time, either. :rolleyes: :)

I'm curious to know from those of you who are saying you can combine the Visa Rewards with RCCL credits when you were told they were or when you did so... Just wondering if maybe this is a new change from RCCL.

I just this week combined my Diamond discount with a B of A Visa points upgrade -

I'm curious to know from those of you who are saying you can combine the Visa Rewards with RCCL credits when you were told they were or when you did so... Just wondering if maybe this is a new change from RCCL.

You can use the Visa and C&A discount together, but not the C&A discount and the next cruise credit, which is a change.

We used to buy the next cruise credit on board to get the OBC when we booked our next cruise, and then get the OBC for the C&A level we are at. They have recently eliminated that and you can only get the C&A or next cruise credit, not both. So we no longer buy the next cruise credit when on board since it really doesn't get us anything.

Kind of a waste for RCCL since they can no longer make money on the next cruise credit that all the C&A members used to buy.

But the Visa discount is totally separate and combinable with other discounts or OBC. Hope this helps.

Plus if you have a Next Cruise Certificate that was purchased prior to Jan 2009, when the New combined rules changed, you can still combine EVERYTHING!

I just used a Next Cruise I purchased in June 2008, booked my cruise last week for a 2010 cruise and received, the Diamond balcony discount, Stock OBC, and my OBC from the Next Cruise! I could also use my Bank of America points, if I wanted to ( which you still can combine now with one of C&A coupon or OBC, or Balcony discounts), but I save my points for Free Cruise's!

Archived