In-N-Out Burger near LAX?

stillabrownsfan

I know this is a strange question, but are there any In-N-Out Burgers near LAX or the Cruise ship dock? I have heard how good the burgers are and this will be my first time in California, and my first opportunity to try it. We will be staying at the Marriott LAX, without a car. We'll have to take a taxi to one unless it's in walking distance. Anyone who lives out there, I'd appreciate your help :D.

Carol

I know this is a strange question, but are there any In-N-Out Burgers near LAX or the Cruise ship dock? I have heard how good the burgers are and this will be my first time in California, and my first opportunity to try it. We will be staying at the Marriott LAX, without a car. We'll have to take a taxi to one unless it's in walking distance. Anyone who lives out there, I'd appreciate your help :D.

Carol

Oh, no, someone asked about In-N-Out again, now I'm gonna cry.....:( (we don't have them here, and I miss them so much. Gonna have to go to Vegas in December just to have a double double, fries and a chocolate shake.....yum).

Gosh, I don't recall ever passing by an In-and-Out burger and not seeing tons of cars in the driveup line. I gave up burgers for the most part so haven't had one of theirs in a long time. But I did buy some for my father when he was in his last months and staying in a VA hospital to give him a treat. He loved them.

The In n' Out by LAX is adjacent to the approach (east) end of the north runways. You can watch the landing airliners while enjoying your burgers.

There are other locations between LAX and the port, but the LAX one is the most convenient.

The In n' Out by LAX is adjacent to the approach (east) end of the north runways. You can watch the landing airliners while enjoying your burgers.

How close to the approach? Just do a YouTube search for LAX In-N-Out. The planes are seriously close. We stopped there on our way home from our Mexico cruise. If you like low flying, stop your conversation, close up and personal planes, it is worth it.

DZ

Thanks for all your replies :) I can hardly wait until Oct 14 to visit the In-N-Out LAX before our cruise the next day. Since we'll be back at the Marriott LAX post cruise, looks like we'll be making a second visit for more burgers. Is there something on the menu we should be sure to try?

Thanks again :D

Carol

Is there something on the menu we should be sure to try?

Carol,

The "menu" is incredibly simple...they do only one thing...and do it well:

Burger

Cheeseburger

Double Burger

Double Cheeseburger (the "Double Double")

Fries

Drinks

Unlike other fast food places, they've been around for 50 years and NEVER varied the menu...

When I was a kid back in Claremont in the Early 60s, one of the first In'n'Outs was on Towne Avenue in Pomona--not far from my house...About once a week, my Mom used to stop at In'n'Out and buy me a burger and fries and bring it to my Elementary School right as we were getting out for lunch (Was I spoiled?)...I was the envy of every kid in my class...

There are a few things that are "off the menu" but you can order. Even on their own website, they reference the "not so secret secret menu". things like Animal style, protein burger, grilled cheese, Neapolitan shake. etc. If you do a websearch on In N Out secret menu, you'll find some more.

My usual order is a grilled cheese, wellies Animal style, and a chocolate shake. I'm not a red meat eater, but that doesn't stop me from getting my In N Out fix!

I, for one, can not order as a number 1, 2 or 3.

my ordering goes thusly:

Me: I'd like a Cheese Burger, no onion with pickle, French Fries, 7up, please

Counter: So you'd like a number 2, minus onion add pickle.

Me: well, yeah, but I can't bring myself to order like that

Counter: laughs

2761021660102635822S425x425Q85.jpg

We're in San Diego for the day on Sept 30th.

I have heard so much about the burger heaven that exists within the walls of In 'N Out and this will be my first time at being even in the same city as one.

I have found the location ...but...I have no idea where in the city it is. We are going to the Zoo on a Tour Trolley and are wondering if it runs anywhere close to the In 'N Out ???

In return for the answer....the very best burger in Vancouver...arguably Canada...is Moderne Burger on West Broadway. If you are in our fair city...and are a burger officianado...this is a "must stop"!!!

Thanks for the help.

We're in San Diego for the day on Sept 30th.

I have heard so much about the burger heaven that exists within the walls of In 'N Out and this will be my first time at being even in the same city as one.

I have found the location ...but...I have no idea where in the city it is. We are going to the Zoo on a Tour Trolley and are wondering if it runs anywhere close to the In 'N Out ???

In return for the answer....the very best burger in Vancouver...arguably Canada...is Moderne Burger on West Broadway. If you are in our fair city...and are a burger officianado...this is a "must stop"!!!

Thanks for the help.

TCF, I wouldn't go so far as to describe In-n-Out as a "gourmet" but it is at the top of the heap when it comes for fast food hamburgers. They are good enough that when we are at our AZ home we will drive by 3 McDonalds, 2 Carls, 2 Sonics, 2 BK's and 1 Wendy's and 45 mins latter we are at In-n-Out. :D

Some one else will have to help you with San Diego though.

How close to the approach? Just do a YouTube search for LAX In-N-Out. The planes are seriously close. We stopped there on our way home from our Mexico cruise. If you like low flying, stop your conversation, close up and personal planes, it is worth it.

This In-N-Out is famous in the aircraft spotting community. It is especially worth a stop if you like both burgers and aircraft.

... Is there something on the menu we should be sure to try?

Thanks again :D

Carol

Don't forget that In-N-Out has a "secret menu". Look on line a description of these items. Here is one link: http://daviswiki.org/In-N-Out_Secret_Menu

I have found the location ...but...I have no idea where in the city it is. We are going to the Zoo on a Tour Trolley and are wondering if it runs anywhere close to the In 'N Out ???...

I don't think you get close to any In-N-Out on the Trolley. However, if you ride over to Coronado on the tour you'll get very close to Danny's Palm Grill on Orange Avenue. Danny's, which is home of the "slam burger", is just up from hotel del on east side of the street.

Archived