Royal Caribbean Eastern Cruise Vaccines

Hi all...

I was just wondering if anyone has been asked for their specific immunizations at any of the ports of call. I know the standard ones are MMR, TB, and of course the optional ones that you can choose to get. I'm just wondering if it is necessary to get a letter from my doctor stating they are all up to date? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tracey

Nobody on this site or any other holiday site can advise you about what injections you will or may need for your cruise. I took the decision to get immunised for my previous cruise as I am considered "High Risk" (i.e. I am a diabetic). Whilst the threat of getting ill may be minimal, only you and your health care advisor can make the decision as to whether you should get any immunisation. Also, you may need to check with your insurance provider as to whether you are protected if you don't get immunised.

Nobody on this site or any other holiday site can advise you about what injections you will or may need for your cruise. I took the decision to get immunised for my previous cruise as I am considered "High Risk" (i.e. I am a diabetic). Whilst the threat of getting ill may be minimal, only you and your health care advisor can make the decision as to whether you should get any immunisation. Also, you may need to check with your insurance provider as to whether you are protected if you don't get immunised.

What we can do is advise what is "required".

Of course we cannot advise what is recommended and for that one should check not with their insurance provider but with their very own physician.

Keith

What we can do is advise what is "required".

Of course we cannot advise what is recommended and for that one should check not with their insurance provider but with their very own physician.

Keith

The GP is the first point of call. If due dilligence isn't carried out.... is the insurance company within their rights not to pay out?

The GP is the first point of call. If due dilligence isn't carried out.... is the insurance company within their rights not to pay out?

I have never heard of that.

As I said, best to always consult your physician and to be sure that your vaccines are up to date.

Keith

Nobody on this site or any other holiday site can advise you about what injections you will or may need for your cruise...

Wow... well of course not but there are a group of well-travelled people here who have cruised the Eastern route many times, and this board is certainly a good place to start.

https://www.myvaccs.com/country-vaccine-info/NetherlandsAntilles.aspx?PageID=215&CountryCode=AN

This is for St Maarten...site has all countries.

Can be discussed with your health care professional.

I have never been advised to have any thing "extra" except when spending extended periods doing medical mission work in Haiti, DR, Honduras, etc.

I remember as a child having a TON of extras for travel to Africa and Turkey..ouch!

Archived