Rental car returns at Port Everglades

We might decide to drive a rental car one way from the Washington area and wanted to know if there are car rental companies at Port Everglades and also if they shuttle you to the terminals?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A lot of the car rental companies do have shuttle service. I know Budget does. When you check to make a reservation - just ask them.

The car rental drop-off for Budget and or Thrifty are real close to the port entrance - even if the shuttles are full for when you want to go- a taxi should only be about $10 at the most.

Have fun, M

Edited by Maryandi

There are no rental companies "in" Port Everglades...the closest just outside the terminal gate on Miami Road is Thrifty/Dollar they offer a quick easy comp shuttle as do many of the other rental agencies..agree with the above Budget on 17th street should also be a consideration...Just avoid any company wanting you to return it to FLL...not worth the hassel and possible airport fees.

You can never drop a car "at the port", but you can get pretty close with a few of the companies. You'll need to research to find out which ones - only a few will shuttle from the airport (I think it might be Alamo and Thrifty?). Otherwise, as stated, you'll have to drop the car at an office close by.

You can use the handy "Search this forum" button back on the main page. Type in Fort Lauderdale car rental, tell it to search the titles, and you'll get lots of hits (literally dozens of threads discussing this). :)

I have used National on 2 separate occasions and returned the car to FLL. The rental car center has a shuttle that goes to the port. Not all of the rental car companies there participate in it but National does. Drop your car at the National return as usual, walk out to the shuttle bus stop at the rental car center and ask the person there directing which is the stop for the PE bus. Be aware that they don't start doing trips to the port until 11:00 A.M.

Its been a couple of years since I've done this so just verify that it still works this way, but I am fairly certain it does :)

You might find the one-way car cheaper by dropping it off at the airport.

If so (and no free shuttle), know that a cab will get you to the port for under $15. You'll only be 15 min. from the port. So I wouldn't wipe out the airport location before checking rates. And I wouldn't make "shuttles" the priority.

Edited by eandj

Alamo/National only shuttle from Airport. Must show return receipt to board shuttle. I use a big box store website and they often have incredible rates.

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Hyatt Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.