Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Ah it's Humous day.

I like the caramelised onion humours that Waitrose do.

I like humour too Lux....:D

Had to make do with a BLT this eve...still too hot to eat, but I'll make up for it when it gets cooler...hopefully in time for my cruise on the Whisper...or not..:D

Ah well....such is life....

S :)

I like humour too Lux....:D

Had to make do with a BLT this eve...still too hot to eat, but I'll make up for it when it gets cooler...hopefully in time for my cruise on the Whisper...or not..:D

Ah well....such is life....

I think I'll get a tee shirt printed which reads

"I'd rather have Hummus than Hamas"

Hello water cool people.

We were denied entry into Russia altogether. So alternative plan is we go back to nome. Two days wasted. Scuttlebutt is that Russia advised

on Friday we would be denied entry

Into providenya. So we aren't sure of the truth of this. We were told that there is an article in the Russian newspaper so stating. Since I done read Russian I can't verify this.

Nevertheless we have as I said, wasted a number of days and are now on to nome, where we will check in to USA, then head out again for a limited itinerary and not what's was planned. I can see changing itinerary for upheavals, tide and weather issues, but this is apparently the fault of someone who ignored warnings from Russian tour group facilitator who told ss

Allegedly that we would be denied entry due to lack of paperwork. The directive came from Moscow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spooky Jeff....keep the windows closed....I get the little buggers here at dusk bat they really are quite sweet! ;)

Chilli for lunch today.....with the usual cheeky glass of wine :D

Hello Sophie Gal, A simple peasant lunch today .... nuffink fancy.

742F2411-3E77-4433-8354-59256DE54001.jpg

I wish those bleedin' bats would stop dancing around in front of the bleedin' security cameras.

IPC001056032-2014-0729-0008-18.jpg

That is really spooky...........the bottom half looks like the bottom half of Australia!!

I am going a little crazy here trying to work out what summer clothes and cooler weather clothes to pack. All this talk of wilting in the heat.........but is it like Perth heat which is 40ºC in the shade in Summer?!!:confused:

Jeff thanks for the tips with posting photos. Once I get myself organised with packing and sorting out the house here I will try experimenting on the water cooler with photos.

Spinnaker I am so sorry to hear about the problems with getting ashore. I hope things improve and you have a great time in Nome.

Julie

Hello Sophie Gal, A simple peasant lunch today .... nuffink fancy.

742F2411-3E77-4433-8354-59256DE54001.jpg

That's a perfect summer lunch..apart from the olives, can't eat them no matter how often I've tried.

Thankfully it's become a bit cooler here this evening so I'm planning a tuna sandwich for supper....

S:)

That is really spooky...........the bottom half looks like the bottom half of Australia!!

I am going a little crazy here trying to work out what summer clothes and cooler weather clothes to pack. All this talk of wilting in the heat.........but is it like Perth heat which is 40ºC in the shade in Summer?!!:confused:

Julie

Julie,

I'd layer up with the packing, summer tops and trousers/skirts with a couple of sweaters for cooler days and a lightweight jacket....mix and match and maybe something dressy if Lux is planning to take you to one of his posh gaffs! ;)

Whilst it's currently been melting here the weather is not consistent so can change very quickly.

Sophia :)

You are indeed Sophia! :confused:

You ain't gonna be wearing a frock are you? :eek:

I don't like cross-dressers on formal nights. Sorry that is a line that shouldn't be crossed. :(

Just sayin'

You're bats :p

It must be that cheap white wine that you guzzle

Edited by Mr Luxury

I guessed as much Lux....I'm sure you will have let Julie know what she needs to pack for such occasions.

Julie can come as she is,no need to go too mad as it is her holiday.

Although we will be dining in nice establishments.

Last time l was in town staying at Rubens a couple moved in there from Claridges having experienced terrible service so l do hope it's improved.

I've never liked the place but that's just my personal take on it as it was when l stayed at The Savoy.

These establishments are just not the same as they used to be and it's such a shame.

Last time l was in town staying at Rubens a couple moved in there from Claridges having experienced terrible service so l do hope it's improved.

I've never liked the place but that's just my personal take on it as it was when l stayed at The Savoy.

These establishments are just not the same as they used to be and it's such a shame.

I spend a lot of time at Claridges and have always had wonderful service,I will be there tomorrow afternoon for business.

The Savoy is not good neither is it in a good location as Mayfair is the preferred place to be.

Claridges,Le Gavroche and Le pont de la tour.

We will also do a pub in Greenwich on our Sunday tour.

I have also got tickets to the ceremony of the keys at the Tower.

Over how many days is that? Hope you have ordered elasticated gussets. :eek: