How are reviews chosen to post?

mared1

I posted a review from my 02/14 cruise within days after my return and it hasn't shown up yet. It's rather frustrating because I put quite a bit of effort into composing it and tried to be fair and make sure that I included the good as well as the bad. I really didn't have a lot of negative things to say, just a few "minor" things....nothing that in any way ruined the cruise. But, IMHO it would take a LOT to ruin a cruise :) .

I did one of either the Sun Princess or the Grand Princess a few years ago and it never got posted. I think they must review them and there must be some standard they must meet. I also was careful about what I wrote and made sure spelling and grammar were correct. Put alot of time into it. I did copy and paste it into a thread so it wasn't a total waste of time, but it was disappointing not to have it posed on the member reviews after I did all that work.

I have written three that have not been posted. I would not really care but I put a ton of time into them. I also do freelance writing so it was sort of a "slap" when they didn't show up. If they don't want them anymore they should probably let everyone know so we don't waste time writing them.

Gee I sould a little grumpy about this : )

There is limited space for reviews and also very time consuming for the editor to review them....Yours may or may not get posted on the review board.....SOOOOOOO......You might submit it there, but copy and paste it here on the Carnival Board as well which goes up immediately. (or other boards for other than Carnival Ships)......Hope this helps.:)

Thanks for telling that to me now, after I have spent all that time and effort in writing my review for the Miracle. I guess after seeing the review from Beans, nothing was left to be said. I appreciate that it may be exhaustive for the editors to read each review, but it would have been nice to have seen this disclaimer prior to writing my review. Why not post that somewhere for future review writers? Thanks.

There is limited space for reviews and also very time consuming for the editor to review them....Yours may or may not get posted on the review board.....SOOOOOOO......You might submit it there, but copy and paste it here on the Carnival Board as well which goes up immediately. (or other boards for other than Carnival Ships)......Hope this helps.:)

Thank you, Randy. I thought maybe I wrote too flattering of a review to be posted since the last two that were posted were very negative. Next time I will

copy it like you suggested! If anyone wants to know about the Spirit on the 1/28 sailing, (the ship, not the ports) I will try to answer questions!

I too posted a review from my cruise on the Ecstasy in December. A few days after posting, I received an e-mail stating (in a nutshell )that my review just wasn't good enough...so I just wrote a mini version for the boards!

I never even got a response from submitting mine.:confused: I did get the screen message telling me I would recieve an e-mail once my review was posted. I didn't cut and paste mine because I had no idea it would be ignored and I thought it would be available for anyone interested in reading reviews from that particular ship/voyage. I agree there should be some type of disclaimer advising members of the limited space and time constraints.

Now, I really have to wonder how helpful the member review section is. Considering the fact that there are no posted guidelines indicating the basis for selection. I was under the impression the purpose of having such a posting would be to offer members the opportunity to share their personal reviews (good and bad). While I could understand reviews being excluded if they contained offensive language or something of that nature, I have to question how biased the content is from now on. For example, someone could submit a postitive review for a particular ship and that review never gets included for no obvious reason. Instead, there are two negative reviews posted. How fair is that?

Randy, I do appreciate you taking the time to inform us of this. I'll consider this a lesson learned and won't bother wasting my time and effort to submit any more reviews there.

Randy, thanks for sharing that. That is particularly disappointing to hear. As a new cruiser, I found this place by searching on google and have found this board to be the best source of information. Hopefully they reconsider and place as many reviews as possible.

Thanks again

I think some of you may be missing it......so just to repeat.....you can put a Cruise Review right here on this board and it goes up right then without having to be submitted and we have plenty of room....so just post it right here;) .......Most people DO post their reviews here....I never read those reviews on the other board personally but look for the reviews here on the Carnival Board......So post your reviews right here and we'll read them!:D

Randy - posting here is obviously the answer, but hopefully changes will be made so that all reviews can be posted in the review area. I, too, relocated this site through google and I kept checking for new reviews for Carnival Miracle and was surprised to find so few.

Also, many people wind up on the cruiseclues site, which lists most recent cruisecritic reviews by ship, and check for new reviews for specific ships and find none for several months.

Now that I know, I will look for reviews here, but many people are simply missing them.

Another idea would be to shut down the review section and place a note to look in the message board dicsussions for the most recent reviews.

Thanks for the information. Glad someone asked!

I always like it better when a review is posted right here on these boards. It gives everyone a lot more opportunity to ask the reviewer questions, and IMHO, interactively sharing the information makes the review more valuable for those planning for the same cruise.

I did my last review on the CC boards, it's here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=93997, and I really enjoyed being able to help others that were planning for their trip.

I guess I would agree with closing the review section and having all reviews posted in the Cruiseline section. Personally, I look for up-to-date reviews therefore if the most recent reviews are not going to be posted what's the sense? Reading a review that's two years old, to me, is not a true picture.

Another option would be to add to the moderator staff. I'm sure there are willing and able members out there who could help lighten the load.

The "Reviews" section stands alone from the message boards. Many people visit the main CC site without venturing into the boards, so the existence of a separate area where they may access reviews has value.

Archived