Good news for bayonne

winnie123

My bet is the Liberty is moving north to NJ once the Allure makes her debut in 2010. I don't see the Freedom leaving PC after just one year.
Agree -- I've heard Liberty and even Independence also. There were all kinds of rumors on Freedom Class ships going to PC before RCI decided on Freedom. I think we will continue to hear them.

With times being tight, I think RCI will focus on drive to destinations and will probably have large ships at both Bayonne and Port C because that eliminates the cost of air travel. A cruise vacation will seem do-able to a family of four, for example, when they only have to factor in the costs of driving rather than flying.

What we need is a Radiance Class ship also! It does not make sense to have an open solarium in the off seasons when you are sailing out of a northeast port!

Radiance would be a better fit for Bermuda...That would match nicely with Celebrity Summit which is said to be going to bayonne as well..Big ships overwhelm small places! I know some folks prefer them but small ports really can;t handle the loads...

What we need is a Radiance Class ship also! It does not make sense to have an open solarium in the off seasons when you are sailing out of a northeast port!

Agreed. With them filling the Explorer every week though, would not be in there best interest to decrease capacity by briniging in a Radiance class ship.

If we are gonna get a Freedom class, i said it on another thread, it should be the Independence as she is the only one with heates pools. I know its not a Solarium, but its better than nothing :p

While it does appear that a Freedom class ship may eventually replace Explorer in Bayonne, I wouldn't place a lot of faith in rumors even from high-placed ship's officers. While they do an excellent job sailing their ships, they are not necessarily privy to the decisions made in the executive board rooms. It was about a year ago that Captain Johnny was quoted as saying that Mariner would never leave Port Canaveral and we have read numerous erroneous reports from ship's captains claiming that various Vision class ships were about to have concierge lounges added to them. Rumors seem to be the lifeblood of those who spend their lives at sea, but I wouldn't place that much faith in most of them. Let's wait for an official announcement from the RCI main office in Miami before celebrating.

As far as the likelihood of a Freedom rather than a Radiance class of ship being slated to sail from NJ, I would only note that since they have already operated the open solarium Voyager class ships out of Bayonne and been successful even during the winter season, I don't think they view the lack of an enclosed solarium on Freedom class ship as a major negative factor while, unfortunately, the reduced capacity of Radiance class ships would be seen as such. :(

We have been saying this for years. Maybe you should work for RCL, with their plumeting stock price. It makes perfect sense.

We have been saying this for years. Maybe you should work for RCL, with their plumeting stock price. It makes perfect sense.

Very true, but as Negc points out, the explorer sailing out of Bayonne which has an open solarium nearly always sails full and books out typically months in advance. Therefore, the fact that a ship, which doesn't have any indoor pools sailing from Bayonne is clearly not detering many costumers.

Hi

if rumour is true do we have a date in 2010, we are on explorer in march and would be interested to find out

thanks

sandian

Do you mean does it appear your cruise has been cancelled? If that's you're question it depends, at least for the time being. What is the actual day in march of your cruise?? The cruises on explorer that have been cancelled are the end of march and all of april.

Archived