Hurricane Dennis

Question do they ever reverse the cruise so you go the last place first and the first place last to avoid a storm? We are leaving on our first cruise on Sat. Thanks for your help.

Reversing the order of ports is an option, as is dropping a port completely, or adding a new port. Just be sure they won't take you near the storm, whatever they have to do to be safe while creating the least amount of inconveinece is what they will do.

Hello!

Live from the MIRACLE :) ... it's a beautiful (calm seas) day in Grand Cayman... The seas were rough on Monday morning... thanks to being near TS Cindy...

Looks like the last day or so of this cruise could get interesting... of course CCL will NOT SPEAK A WORD :eek: of anything "that far" off yet... lol (why get people stressed :D )

Time will tell... thanks to the INTERNET, for those of us that like to know things as they are progressing!

I saw where there have NEVER been 4 named storms before - by July 5th... GREAT... I love to be "involved" in HISTORY...:rolleyes:

Tom and Cheryl

I am a worrier, not a whiner but do y'all think these will affect our Sunday sailing out of Galveston on the Elation? I looked at the weather for Progreso, Cozumel and Belize and all the days we are scheduled to be there it is calling for a 60% chance of rain. This is our first cruise and I did purchase the trip insurance. At what point do you need to be really worried?

thoneycu,

Don't worry, if it is too bad, they will cancel or change the itinerary which is much better than getting stuck in a hurricane.

Madmom,

In 1996 we were on a southern itin out of San Juan. Because of a hurricane, Hortense, to be exact, they reversed our itinerary. We went all the way to Barbados first and then back up. The first day was rainy but the rest of the trip was beautiful weather! The ships captain will not put you or their very expensive ship in danger.

I am a worrier, not a whiner but do y'all think these will affect our Sunday sailing out of Galveston on the Elation? I looked at the weather for Progreso, Cozumel and Belize and all the days we are scheduled to be there it is calling for a 60% chance of rain. This is our first cruise and I did purchase the trip insurance. At what point do you need to be really worried?

The forecast for all of our ports the week of June 12 was also 60%, and we only had one shower for about an hour on Friday. The rest of the week was beautiful. so dont worry about the 60% thing. Thats the typical Florida/caribbean weather forecast.

Thanks for the info cruzn, we leave Sat on the imagination. The news this morning said that Dennis may end up being a Cat 3 by Friday. The not knowing what will happen is driving me crazy since I like to plan everything.

my wife and I are supposed to be leaving sunday out of new orleans on the conquest. this will be our first cruise. what's the probability of it being canceled? how far in advance would we know if it was? any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the info cruzn, we leave Sat on the imagination. The news this morning said that Dennis may end up being a Cat 3 by Friday. The not knowing what will happen is driving me crazy since I like to plan everything.

Here's to hoping you, and anyone else leaving this weekend, make it out as scheduled. Fingers_Crossed.gif

Archived