Port Canaveral

cole'snana

I love Port Canaveral as an embarkation port, but I think it would be a really disappointing port of call. The beaches aren't very pretty in that area and its definitely nothing exotic. Kennedy space center is a cool side trip, but not necessarily something I would like do to on a cruise.

Personally, I'd enjoy the empty ship that day!

Going on the Grandeur' date=' is there anything of interest to see at Port Canaveral within walking distance (2 miles or less) of the dock?[/quote']

There isn't anything within walking distance at Port Canaveral. As embarkation and a pre/post stay is OK. As port of call I don't think there is a lot close to the port.

Right now there is very little at Port Canaveral as far as walking... BUT if you have never been to the Space Center you are missing a wonderful experience!!! This is an excellent way to spend your shore time... It is an interesting and exciting place for all ages. Also...if you want a nice beach day... take a quick taxi ride to the beach. You can also go to any of the unique shops like RonJons, etc.

I don't know what you are looking for... but to think that Port Canaveral is just a port to get on a cruise ship is not accurate. Though you won't find Diamonds International and all those other "chain port shops"... You will find a nice safe town... that can offer much to those not wanting the ships excursions.

I hope you enjoy your brief visit to Port Canaveral... I myself wouldn't miss the Space Center...

If Grandeur docks at terminal 3 as it did today, the Jetty Park is in easy walking distance for nice a beach day. There are a few restaurants in the area too but not much else as far as I know. If that's not enough for you, car rentals are pretty cheap for the day and close by. That opens up your choices a good bit.

We took the shuttle to Ron Jon's and walked to the Cocoa Beach pier and had lunch, then walked back to RJ's. We shopped a bit and went back to the ship. We've been in PC several times and know there's not much there. A lot of people went to Disney or Universal for the day as well as the space center.