What's your Favorite Food in Buffet?

kitsVA

Well, I've been on NCL ship only once but in less than four weeks I will be on Epic and I am already as excited as I will be when I am on ship:).

My favorite on Pearl Buffet:

Fish and Chips - Felt lot less oily than any Fish and Chips I ate before (including London). They added cilantro or something in the batter that made it have a nice flavor. Too bad I noticed the dish on 5th day. Hoping it's just as good on Epic.

Wow. A Google image search found the picture of it as well from Jewel Cruise but this doesn't have the cilantro like I noticed on Pearl.

IMG_6021.jpg

When I was on the Epic a few weeks ago, I didn't discover the crepes until the last day :( It was by far the yummiest desert ever, Butterscotch filling with cream on the outside. I was completely in heaven.

Are the Crepes Buffet? Are these on all NCL ships or just Epic?

Yes, they were in the buffet area (I found them at breakfast time and at the Garden Cafe). They had tons of different flavors for the inside and you pick what you wanted and they made it right there in front of you. I was in heaven after having one! :D

Pretzel rolls, crepes, chocolate fondue, and scones with fresh cream.

I saw everything above but the scones on the Epic. Anyone know if they're offered?

Seems to me that popping into the buffet everytime you pass it to check out what's out is the only way to see what's being offered at that time.

Hummmmm........

Looks like a plan for me!;)

When I was on the Epic a few weeks ago, I didn't discover the crepes until the last day :( It was by far the yummiest desert ever, Butterscotch filling with cream on the outside. I was completely in heaven.

We would eat in one of the dining rooms and go to the buffet later on to have crepes for dessert! My other favorites are the pretzel rolls and the chilled fruit soups!!! Please NCL don't ever do away with these treats!!!:)

crepes on the spirit...fruit filling, chocolate and rasberry drizzle and then a run to the ice cream for a scoop of vanilla.

MDRs...creme brulees, the sherbert are excellent.

Last September we took our very first TA - we had just left Lerwick on our way to Iceland and hit "rough seas." It became abundantly clear to me that I could not get off the ship and I was in for the duration (nonsensical - I know...but this thought did cross my mind!). This was my first experience in seas like this. Never before did I feel compelled to take dramamine (including all the times I flew) but I did that night. We headed up to the buffet to meet some friends. As foolish as it sounds now I distinctly remember "geesh...is the ship going to get through this?" Again...nonsensical but I did think it...and THEN...

I saw the crepe maker in the buffet. Since the nonsensical part of me thought I was going to die that night, I decided to forego the real food and headed to the crepe making station. The young lady met with with a huge smile, a "good evening madam - how may I help you?" and I ordered and warm apple crepe with whipped cream...part of me thought I was ordering my last meal. Well...it was wonderful, of course we survived and now crepes from the buffet will forever be my ULTIMATE comfort food.

Also - it's become a tradition for my "first meal" on the ship to be a stop at the pasta station for rigatoni marinara. I love it and the sauce is pretty good - this coming from a New Yorker to boot!

Everyone was talking about the yummy pretzel rolls prior to my cruise. I'm still not 100% sure which ones they were that I found on there. I found ones that actually was like in the biscuit/roll shape and then ones that were rolled into a long stick. I tried both and didn't find anything outstanding about either one of them. They just tasted like you were eating a pretzel to me. :confused:

Fruit soup definitely - I've been making a reasonable immitation at home ( 8 oz vanilla yogurt, 8 oz fruit yogurt, 12 oz fruit nectar- serves 2) - and also the wonderful warm fruit cobblers - to be honest I was disappointed with most of the other desserts offered.

The eggs benedict and I throw on some smoked salmon...num

now, that is my kind of eating.

OP:

Breakfast: of course Eggs benedict or lox. Together, yum!!

I haven't had the crepes, but anyplace that serves crapes has to be a good place.

Lunch: the pretzel rolls and the awesome salad bar

We don't eat dinner at the buffet.

Nita

Archived