Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Weather permitting some of us are going over to Hythe on Saturday afternoon to wave to the Independence of the Seas as she leaves on her transatlantic.

So if you are up on deck on the Indy and you see us waving the International Critters flags and waving our arms at you as you leave the dock for your voyage across the pond, please wave back to us :D

We will wave from our Aft balcony on Indy. Hoping to get pics on Friday from the Holiday Inn before it leaves for the 2 day cruise.

I just tried to but it requires iOS 7 and I don't have enough memory left to be able to download it to my iPad.

Andrew

You cannot do anything with the app until you are on the ship anyway. However, from the images in the App Store, it looks really nice.

You cannot do anything with the app until you are on the ship anyway. However, from the images in the App Store, it looks really nice.

Yeah. Jared looks like he's going to have fun at the Butterfly Farm in Falmouth. Maybe we should be cruising with him?!? ;)

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good evening everyone. Kathy, my wife and I will print the list of questions that you have asked and do our best to answer them with pictures. Hmmmm, kind of like a truth treasure hunt;) My fellow reporters and I should be able to cover the info that you need.

Good evening everyone. Kathy, my wife and I will print the list of questions that you have asked and do our best to answer them with pictures. Hmmmm, kind of like a truth treasure hunt;) My fellow reporters and I should be able to cover the info that you need.

Enjoy the cruise and we look forward to hearing and seeing the answers.:D

Thanks David! I love the treasure hunt comparison! We're going to have every inch of that ship explored.

I just tried to but it requires iOS 7 and I don't have enough memory left to be able to download it to my iPad.

Andrew

Although it's not a Quantum related answer - Did you try to download the new iOS version by wifi or though a computer (via iTunes)? If you download it through iTunes (by connecting your iPad to the computer) it takes longer but requires less available space.

Jonathan

Although it's not a Quantum related answer - Did you try to download the new iOS version by wifi or though a computer (via iTunes)? If you download it through iTunes (by connecting your iPad to the computer) it takes longer but requires less available space.

Jonathan

I tried wi-fi. Thanks for the suggestion.

I know that this may sound like a crazy request, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. If anyone on this cruise is in Stateroom: Deck 07, Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony #7280 , or knows or meets some one in this cabin, it would be greatly appreciated to have pictures of this cabin or a cabin in the same category. Thanks in advance.

For my 9 night cruise on the Quantum in February we were able to sign up for 4 shows; Mama Mia, Starwater, Sonic Odyssey, and a Guest Entertainer.

I am looking forward to hearing what other entertainment there is throughout the cruise. When cruising with Celebrity we were used to entertainment every night and I have heard RCCL has better entertainment than Celebrity.

To all of you on the Nov. 2nd cruise I hope you have a wonderful time. Enjoy the beautiful new ship and new Cape Liberty Terminal. :)

Edited by mjwcruising

One more question for the live reporters. What happened to the show Wink that Royal has only briefly mentioned and has never shown up for any booking?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Wink is a late night adult party and no booking in advance needed for it. :D

Not long now. I hope there will be a "live" review with pics.

Don't worry - we'll have lots of pics and live reporting. We recognize this report is different than other live threads because the pre-cruise news isn't as fun. It's all about this beautiful, brand new ship and all its "Wows"!!