Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Hi All -

Happy to report that the new cruise terminal in Bayonne was dedicated today, and it was confirmed that we will be the first guests.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11782.html

Happy Friday!

Joanna

I am so happy to hear that. The old terminal/bus system was very inefficient. . . . Also, the luggage drop-off was chaos. :eek:

Happy to report that the new cruise terminal in Bayonne was dedicated today, and it was confirmed that we will be the first guests.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11782.html

Happy Friday!

Joanna

Joanna, This is great, we are the first guest on the ship and the first guest to sail into the port in Bayonne, we are the first for everything on this Wonderful Ship, :cool:

I love being #1:eek:

See you soon, Carol:)

Joanna, This is great, we are the first guest on the ship and the first guest to sail into the port in Bayonne, we are the first for everything on this Wonderful Ship, :cool:

I love being #1:eek:

See you soon, Carol:)

Good news for you all.:D

Definitely interested in hearing where the M&M is held since last I looked, this info is not available for the Quantum, sailings. We sometimes do not get our invites so it helps to know when/where they hold the event.

Hi Everyone - one week from today we will be boarding the Quantum of the Seas! Can't wait!

Today will be a day of packing for me before my DH and I leave for Edinburgh Tuesday evening. We'll spend a few days there before flying down to Southampton on Saturday. A little bit about us - we're in our 30s and 40s, no children, live in NYC and are Diamond members on Royal. We've cruised with Royal thirteen times, and they're our favorite line.

I've started to summarize the questions/information requests that I've seen so far (these are the more specific requests, in addition to the general areas of the ship, Dynamic Dining, etc).

• Robotic Bartenders - how do they know the requestor is of drinking age?
  • Circus School - how to sign up?
  • Menus - Do the complementary restaurants have any "specials" or is it the same (posted) menu every night? Is there a generic "available everywhere" menu? What's on the kids menu (or does it vary by dining room)?
  • New Room Service Menu
  • Michael's Pub Pricing - Am hoping to get an idea of the a la carte pricing at the Pub (for food and for beer).
  • Photos of the Grand Suite and Superior Grand Suite balcony
  • Superior Grand Suite on corner of hump facing - These cabins are on the front side of the hump - advertised as wrap around balconies with 2 sliding glass doors and a large port hole on side wall - pics seen so far show 2 dividers at corner which totally block view - if possible see if these dividers are removed so it is a full wrap around?
  • Will you please check to see if the Diamond Plus coupon for buy one get one free for the first night can be used to dine in Wonderland.
  • Will Diamond plus members be allowed in the concierge lounge (don't know if they are making changes to the policy on the Quantum.
  • New cruise terminal in Bayonne

Let us know if you have any other specific questions/asks.

Enjoy your weekends!

Joanna

Edited by jv_nyc

Good morning Joanna. Would love to see pictures of a studio balcony if you can get some. I have one on my April 12th sailing and although I've seen a few preview photos on websites, it would be neat to see the "finished" product.

This fellow live reporter thanks you again for you and your colleagues doing this. Really looking forward to the adventure

Sent from my LG G3 using tapatalk

Edited by Bugsy4271

How do I sign up for this thread? Iam sailng on the January 11 12 day cruise. Itishard to wait but following your thread will make it easier.

Thank You!:-D

Fr0926

FrankReeves Manchester, CT

Since you have posted on this thread, you are now automatically subscribed to it :)

Hi Everyone - one week from today we will be boarding the Quantum of the Seas! Can't wait!

Let us know if you have any other specific questions/asks.

Enjoy your weekends!

Joanna

Joanna,

Like to know how they handle northstar. Do people sign up for a time slot, is it totally just a wait in line as the zipline on Oasis class? What type of hours of operation do they run northstar (day and night)?

While not my specific interest I imagine there are a bunch with similar questions regarding RipCord.

Thanks,

Hi Joanna

I am also a New Yorker and will be sailing on the newly evicted Explorer. 😊 I usually travel solo and was wondering how a solo showing up at a DD complementary restaurant would be seated. I assume I would be asked if I wanted to share a table or prefer to eat alone. Anyway I would like to know how that's going to work. Any info would be appreciated. I am on Quantum in January. TIA

DENISE

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hi Joanna,

I would like to know the schedule for seaplex and especially the open times for

bumper cars. I know that they have basketball, roller skating, circus training and bumper cars there and was wondering how much time they have for the bumper cars.

Thanks.

I usually travel solo and was wondering how a solo showing up at a DD complementary restaurant would be seated. I assume I would be asked if I wanted to share a table or prefer to eat alone.

Maybe this could help for now... scroll down to post #6

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43942120#post4394212

"I told her (C&A rep) that I had booked all my dining, that I'm happy with timing and venues. I let her know as a solo I wish to know whether I'll be seated with others or alone. She told me as booked on the planner that I'll be seated alone (table for 2 booked) and therefore my seat and time is guaranteed... BUT, just like MTD, walk-ups will be seated first come first serve and be asked if they wish to be seated alone or with others in larger tables just like it is right now in MTD. So she asked me to see the Maitre-D when I show up and ask to be seated with others (larger table), which will then be able to free up the table for 2 (I have reserved) for someone else."

I would like to confirm this info as well! If no one else posts much solo info, I'll be doing a full solo picture review of my Dec 1st sailing. Wow! 173 posts :eek::eek: and the ship still has to sail!! Incredible... obviously not too much interest in Quantum especially with this new awful Dynamic Dining system :rolleyes::D

Edited by Hoopster95
added quote

We will be sailing on Quantum for Christmas, so I'm so excited to hear / see more about the ship. One request - any info about Adventure Ocean / activities / how they will deal with children checking in for dining now that there is no set dining time. Thank you for taking time out of your trip to share details with us!