Perth

sandpebble1

We are taking a cruise next February. Our flight out is at night. Does RCCL have day tours around Perth?

If the cruise ends/terminates at Fremantle - I would think not. Check with RCCL though. When a cruise terminates - no matter where - there are no shorex on that day - as far as I am aware.

Edited by dizzy1948

If the cruise ends/terminates at Fremantle - I would think not. Check with RCCL though. When a cruise terminates - no matter where - there are no shorex on that day - as far as I am aware.

MANY, if not all, cruise lines have tours on the last day, which usually end at the airport, to entertain pax who have late flights. Very common. I can't say that they have these excursions in every port, tho.

However, I would be asking RCCL. When is your cruise? Can you see anything on the RCCL website about these tours?

Edited by CruiserBruce

MANY, if not all, cruise lines have tours on the last day, which usually end at the airport, to entertain pax who have late flights. Very common. I can't say that they have these excursions in every port, tho.

However, I would be asking RCCL. When is your cruise? Can you see anything on the RCCL website about these tours?

Thanks Cruiser Bruce - that is good to know for future. The cruises we've been on haven't had them, and we have looked because of similar situation as the OP. But hey, I will be on the watch now :D

Edited by dizzy1948

I have a cruise ending in Fremantle on RCCL and there aren't any tours offered for Fremantle on the cruise planner.

However, they do list 2 tours with airport drop off on their website, so maybe ask your TA or on the phone.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=FRE&wuc=AUS

Edited by chrisb74

We did three nights pre-cruise at Perth. Loved it.

We did two river cruises, one was a wine cruise up river, the other downriver to Freemantle. We used Captain Cook's.

Also, if you stay in Perth, don't miss Miss Maud's hotel and restaurant. The restaurant is fantastic. We ate all our meals there.

Perth is a beautiful City, trying to work out what to do while we are there, so many options, DW has never been there, I really am having trouble deciding between a visit to the park a river cruise, out to Rottnest, or just bum around Freo.

Perth is a beautiful City, trying to work out what to do while we are there, so many options, DW has never been there, I really am having trouble deciding between a visit to the park a river cruise, out to Rottnest, or just bum around Freo.

How long are you there for? Bumming around Freo would be great for a day. There is the Prison to visit, the Maritime Museum, Freo markets, "E" shed - (another big indoor market.) Cappuccino strip (South Terrace) lots to see and do in Freo.

Rotto is expensive - ok if you like riding a bike, swimming, snorkeling, eating cakes from the one bakery.

Depends what you are interested in.

Ask away.

Edited by dizzy1948

How long are you there for? Bumming around Freo would be great for a day. There is the Prison to visit, the Maritime Museum, Freo markets, "E" shed - (another big indoor market.) Cappuccino strip (South Terrace) lots to see and do in Freo.

Rotto is expensive - ok if you like riding a bike, swimming, snorkeling, eating cakes from the one bakery.

Ask away.

Only got the day. 9-6 I think

The markets will attract herself, she has never been to WA, I have ut a long time ago.

Wineries nah, live in the Hunter Valley, cousin owns a few vineyards here and Mudgee.

Thought about taking her into Perth for the day, but travel will cut into the day.

Ask away.

Forgot to say thanks.

Herself is a historian, so anything history related gets her in so the maritime museum is on the list but she is also a woman, so anything shopping gets her in.

I'm always up for Camera shops and Pen shops, we are both book nuts so 2nd hand book shops are always visited if time permits.

The Fremantle markets are interesting......best go in the morning before it gets to busy. They are only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday though.

http://fremantlemarkets.com.au

In Fremantle the also have a free transport bus. Below is the link with the details including a Map and some suggestions of things to do.

http://www.fremantlewesternaustralia.com.au/fremantle-maps/fremantle-cat-bus-map.htm

I would leave visiting Perth city till you can come over and visit for longer. As much as I love King's Park and our river you don't want to feel rushed. Also if your wife likes history the Maritime museum and prison tours would be interesting.

There are lots of lovely old buildings and things to photograph in Fremantle. When I did a photography course we spent a day there getting some great photos of the markets, building etc.

hope this helps

Julie

The Fremantle markets are interesting......best go in the morning before it gets to busy. They are only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday though.

http://fremantlemarkets.com.au

In Fremantle the also have a free transport bus. Below is the link with the details including a Map and some suggestions of things to do.

http://www.fremantlewesternaustralia.com.au/fremantle-maps/fremantle-cat-bus-map.htm

I would leave visiting Perth city till you can come over and visit for longer. As much as I love King's Park and our river you don't want to feel rushed. Also if your wife likes history the Maritime museum and prison tours would be interesting.

There are lots of lovely old buildings and things to photograph in Fremantle. When I did a photography course we spent a day there getting some great photos of the markets, building etc.

hope this helps

Julie

Thanks Julie especially for the info on the bus.

Forgot to say thanks.

Herself is a historian, so anything history related gets her in so the maritime museum is on the list but she is also a woman, so anything shopping gets her in.

I'm always up for Camera shops and Pen shops, we are both book nuts so 2nd hand book shops are always visited if time permits.

Here is a link to a second hand book store - but there are others http://www.fremantlestory.com.au/your-story/shopping/books/bill-campbell-secondhand-books/bill-campbell-secondhand-books.html

In the Fremantle markets is a pen maker http://fremantlemarkets.com.au/node/146

And Camera House for Camera's. All within walking distance to each other, and walking distance from the Passenger terminal.

Edited by dizzy1948

Here is a link to a second hand book store - but there are others http://www.fremantlestory.com.au/your-story/shopping/books/bill-campbell-secondhand-books/bill-campbell-secondhand-books.html

In the Fremantle markets is a pen maker http://fremantlemarkets.com.au/node/146

And Camera House for Camera's. All within walking distance to each other, and walking distance from the Passenger terminal.

Thanks Liz that book shop looks fabulous.

Mght need more work before we go.

One great [or not so great] thing about a cruise is we can buy as much as SHE wants no baggage problems, but too many books, easy grab another suitcase and load it up.:D

You wll have no trouble filling in the day at Freo. Just so much to see and do.

The Maritime Museum plus a few others are not far from the ship.

Also have lunch at the fish markets and just down the road are some great pubs and micro breweries

Thanks Liz that book shop looks fabulous.

Mght need more work before we go.

One great [or not so great] thing about a cruise is we can buy as much as SHE wants no baggage problems, but too many books, easy grab another suitcase and load it up.:D

If you buy up big - get the shop to ship the books for you. :D

Hi

Greetings from Sunny Ecuador & Happy Moms Day!

Question - best way for us to get from the airport to the cruise terminal? we are disembarking in Bali for a 5 night stay and will rejoin the ship (its in Perth overnight)

other than the bus - any other suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help/assistance

Patrice

Hi

Greetings from Sunny Ecuador & Happy Moms Day!

Question - best way for us to get from the airport to the cruise terminal? we are disembarking in Bali for a 5 night stay and will rejoin the ship (its in Perth overnight)

other than the bus - any other suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help/assistance

Patrice

G'day Patrice

Train seems to be the popular pick.

G'day,

can you share a website???

I have found this website - but it shows bus only

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.a

Maybe it was because I was asking for specific stop? think the train is on the same website - DOH!

and when checking rome2rio.com (great site by the way) shows a train but no website?

so I have solved my own problem LOL thanks for your help

:)

Patrice

Edited by ptsaint

G'day,

can you share a website???

I have found this website - but it shows bus only

http://www.transperth.wa.gov.a

Maybe it was because I was asking for specific stop? think the train is on the same website - DOH!

and when checking rome2rio.com (great site by the way) shows a train but no website?

so I have solved my own problem LOL thanks for your help

:)

Patrice

There is no train from the airport to the Cruise Terminal. There isn't even a bus service - unless you book a transfer from the airport to the city - and jump on a train from there to Fremantle. Otherwise, it is a $50 - 60 taxi I fare.