Charleston SC as a port of call-excursions not listed

Knighton

I didn't know which forum to post this in! :) I'm going on the Carnival Pride from Baltimore in November. One of our stops is Charleston, SC. They aren't listing any excursions available for this port. Any idea when they will? We'd like to go to Middleton Place plantation. Is there a way to get there other than an excursion? Thanks!

I didn't know which forum to post this in! :) I'm going on the Carnival Pride from Baltimore in November. One of our stops is Charleston, SC. They aren't listing any excursions available for this port. Any idea when they will? We'd like to go to Middleton Place plantation. Is there a way to get there other than an excursion? Thanks!

Unfortunately, the only way to get there without a ship's excursion is to book a car service or taxi which will be expensive since it's about 15 miles from the port. One of the van tours out the the visitors center used to do Middleton however it took all day and not a lot of people wanted to spend the amount of time it required.

Check on your roll call and see if anyone wants to share a van to help cut the cost pp. You can find one from the airport taxi/limo association.

You can always rent a car (there is an Enterprise location on Meeting St in Charleston according to their website) and drive out there. There is actually 3 plantations out by Middleton Place (Drayton Hall and Magnolia Plantation and Gardens are the other 2). Plus there is Boone Hall over in Mt Pleasant across from the Charles Pinckney house.