Jacksonville - How strict on two bottles of wine policy?

elmojessi

I usually bring a box of wine that is the equivalent of 4 bottles of wine on our cruises. We have always gone out of Miami, and I've never had a problem. How strict is Jacksonville on the carry on alcohol policy? I'd rather bring two bottles and have them versus attempting four and having nothing.

I usually bring a box of wine that is the equivalent of 4 bottles of wine on our cruises. We have always gone out of Miami, and I've never had a problem. How strict is Jacksonville on the carry on alcohol policy? I'd rather bring two bottles and have them versus attempting four and having nothing.

It's the cruise lines decision not the Ports. If the cruise line is strict the port will be to.

Agree. It really has nothing to do with the port. It is the cruise line policy that is followed.

I will rephrase my question:

Is Carnival security in Jacksonville strict with the two bottle of wine limit?

Edited by elmojessi

I will rephrase my question:

Is Carnival security in Jacksonville strict with the two bottle of wine limit?

Not sure about Jacksonville, but I do know that in every other port of departure, they are. Even down to taking a single 1.5 liter of boxed wine that is the same as 2 bottles. The Carnival rule is 1 bottle per adult passenger. We've gotten 3-4 bottles in a single carryon bag on board in the past but we were traveling with In-Laws and they were right with us in security.

Not sure about Jacksonville, but I do know that in every other port of departure, they are. Even down to taking a single 1.5 liter of boxed wine that is the same as 2 bottles. The Carnival rule is 1 bottle per adult passenger. We've gotten 3-4 bottles in a single carryon bag on board in the past but we were traveling with In-Laws and they were right with us in security.

That's so weird. I've never had a problem in Miami and routinely take a box of wine that's the equivalent of 4 bottles, and it's just my husband and I cruising.