St Lucia's Local Opinion

Dex2015

Last time we went to st Lucia we didn't do anything because we thought everything was too far. Granted this was 14 years ago, and we didn't do enough planning. But we are going back in January and are looking for a pretty beach close to the ship terminal. We are willing to walk or take a taxi we just are looking for nice and kind of close beaches.

Last time we went to st Lucia we didn't do anything because we thought everything was too far. Granted this was 14 years ago, and we didn't do enough planning. But we are going back in January and are looking for a pretty beach close to the ship terminal. We are willing to walk or take a taxi we just are looking for nice and kind of close beaches.

As has been answered numerous times, Vigie Beach is closest to the cruise port, and is a lovely natural beach. No tourist facilities at all - no chairs or umbrellas, etc - but there are great food and rum shacks down near the airport entrance, and bathrooms if needed at the airport. The government is building a small boardwalk area, that will have bathrooms, but won't be open yet for a good while.. Loads of natural shade, very light tan Sands, calm waters in the bay for swimming, a very lovely beach. 20 minute walk from port, directions - hang a left out of the cruise ports, and follow the highway to the airport, cross across the end of the runway and back down the airport road till you come to the beach. Can't miss it.

Enjoy your visit.

I am looking for a tour operator in St. Lucia named John Baptiste. We used him several times for tours of the islands and now I am looking to book some clients for island tours and various activities. Because we were so happy with his tour I'd like to consider using him but have no way to get in contact with him.

Any help is appreciated.

I am looking for a tour operator in St. Lucia named John Baptiste. We used him several times for tours of the islands and now I am looking to book some clients for island tours and various activities. Because we were so happy with his tour I'd like to consider using him but have no way to get in contact with him.

Any help is appreciated.

Do you mean Jean Baptiste, with Cosol Tours? If so, you can contact Cosol to get a hold of him. If not, you'll need to provide more info, ie tour company or such. With 150,000 people on the island, it's tough to know everyone! Lol..

I don't know who this John B........that you mentioned that your looking for, but, if you do not find him, I would HIGHLY recommend Cosol Tours, as that is what we did two weeks ago. With what we had, I would have been more than glad (maybe not everyone else, as this MY opinion) to pay more than the $75.00 that we paid. We did (did not have too) pay a tip to the tour guide and driver, as they were both very good.

With this tour, I think it just about "covers" the whole island of St. Lucia. We even went to the beach, at the bottom of the Pitons, as well as going through the volcano, and doing the mud bath, me at the age of 73. HA! As they say, your only as YOUNG as you feel, and that day, I felt like 30!

Are there any segway tours on St. Lucia that you would recommend?

Thanks for your help.

There's only one Segway tour operator in the island, LucianStyle, based in Rodney Bay. Takes you around the immediate area of Rodney Bay and the valleys and his around there.. Fun.

Enjoy your visit.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any information on Adventure Tours? They do dune buggy tours. I just want to know how reliable they are with getting people back to the ship on time. The tour I am looking at is like 7 hours and we will be there from 8-5.

• 5 months later...
Hi,

What would you recommend for a group of 7-10? We have children - ages 5, 8 and 1. We like the beach and would like to try to DIY. We are on a budget.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks so much!

Bay Gardens Splash Island passes...they'll provide transportation to/from, Splash island is a large inflatable play zone in the ocean (life guards, etc), lovely beach, beach bars and restaurants available, etc...

Enjoy.

Reedprincess, Have things around the Island got back up and operating OK now? I saw some news reports and it looked like some flooding caused some problems in some areas. We plan to be on St. Lucia in December 2016, this will be our second time, we absolutely loved it our last visit. :)

Reedprincess, Have things around the Island got back up and operating OK now? I saw some news reports and it looked like some flooding caused some problems in some areas. We plan to be on St. Lucia in December 2016, this will be our second time, we absolutely loved it our last visit. :)

How old were your news reports/when we're these stories?? If it's in reference to Hurricane Matthew, which passed us a a strong tropical storm/cat 1 hurricane back at the end of Sept, - yeah, things re completely back to normal, and they were back to normal within two-three days. Minimal damages around the island and no long term impact.

Happy travels.

We will be in Castries for a port call on a Saturday in December. Our favorite thing is just to get off and walk. We are definately not beach people. Planning to do the local craft market. Is there a great place for lunch within walking distance????

• 1 month later...
As has been answered numerous times, Vigie Beach is closest to the cruise port, and is a lovely natural beach. No tourist facilities at all - no chairs or umbrellas, etc - but there are great food and rum shacks down near the airport entrance, and bathrooms if needed at the airport. The government is building a small boardwalk area, that will have bathrooms, but won't be open yet for a good while.. Loads of natural shade, very light tan Sands, calm waters in the bay for swimming, a very lovely beach. 20 minute walk from port, directions - hang a left out of the cruise ports, and follow the highway to the airport, cross across the end of the runway and back down the airport road till you come to the beach. Can't miss it.

Enjoy your visit.

Oh my. You may have made my husband's trip. This beach by the airport. He is a private pilot and LOVES to visit the airports when we go to new places. You say that bathrooms are available at the airport. Would I be correct in assuming then that a person could "visit" the airport and explore a bit?

BTW. Thank you for being so helpful to so many people. It is very reassuring to get answers from people who call St. Lucia HOME.

GT

Oh my. You may have made my husband's trip. This beach by the airport. He is a private pilot and LOVES to visit the airports when we go to new places. You say that bathrooms are available at the airport. Would I be correct in assuming then that a person could "visit" the airport and explore a bit?

BTW. Thank you for being so helpful to so many people. It is very reassuring to get answers from people who call St. Lucia HOME.

GT

Yes, bathrooms are available in the check-in area - you cab walk abound that area all you like. And look through the chain link at the planes, etc. You can't - obviously - go into the departure area or runway areas without appropriate documentation. It's a very small airport and terminal

There's also now a small boardwalk area on the beach with restaurants and bars, restrooms, showers, chairs, etc. So, better facilities there too. Combine the airport and beach!

Enjoy.

Yes, bathrooms are available in the check-in area - you cab walk abound that area all you like. And look through the chain link at the planes, etc. You can't - obviously - go into the departure area or runway areas without appropriate documentation. It's a very small airport and terminal

There's also now a small boardwalk area on the beach with restaurants and bars, restrooms, showers, chairs, etc. So, better facilities there too. Combine the airport and beach!

Enjoy.

Most EXCELLENT! Thank you. Would you say walking to the beach area is advisable or would a cab make more sense? While not "hikers" we are able to walk some distance...

GT

Hi, we'll be in St. Lucia in February, and thoughts on a good beach for 5 year old twins and a 7 year old and two parents? Focus is on keeping it cheap/easy/close to port... Any estimate on how much adult drinks will cost? The kids just like playing in the sand.....Thanks!!

Hi, we'll be in St. Lucia in February, and thoughts on a good beach for 5 year old twins and a 7 year old and two parents? Focus is on keeping it cheap/easy/close to port... Any estimate on how much adult drinks will cost? The kids just like playing in the sand.....Thanks!!

Vigie Beach is best bet. Right near port, $10-12 taxi ride one way, restaurant and bars with local food and drinks, expect around $2us for beer, $3us maybe for rum and Coke or the like.. Sandy Beach, calm swimming waters, lots of shade, etc

Most EXCELLENT! Thank you. Would you say walking to the beach area is advisable or would a cab make more sense? While not "hikers" we are able to walk some distance...

GT

Walking is flat and about 20-30 minutes. Cab is about 5 minutes and runs $10 one way. Up to yiu.

Reedprincess, your news about the newly opened facilities at Vigie beach was very timely. I'd been leaning towards this over Reduit Beach because we wanted someplace relatively quiet. This news has definitely helped make up our minds. Thank you very much.

Spelling mistake

I meant how much do they charge for chaise and how many do they have?

Thanks Ontario Cruiser

There's a good fair amount of chairs, if I remember correctly from my walk around last month, chairs were around $5-10 per chair...loads of natural shade also..

Enjoy!