Early am arrival to FLL, ideas to pass time before port arrival?

jkmmah

We land at FLL around 5:00 in the morning. I was hoping FLL would have a USO room that our family could rest in while passing time until we taxi to the port, but FLL does not.

We will likely be fairly tired after our red-eye flight, but at the same time excited for our adventure to start. I've thought about getting a hotel room close to the airport so we can sleep for a few hours, but our excitement might not allow us to rest.

I assume taxiing to the port at 6-7am is frowned upon and we likely couldn't get into the port terminal anyway, correct?

Any other ideas?

You won't be able to get into the terminal. You might as well just relax at the airport. If you get hungry, Lester's Diner is very close to the airport and is open 24/7, but with all of your family's luggage it might be best to just relax at the airport. Luggage storage at the airport doesn't even open until 9 AM.

I would book a room, let the hotel know that you will not check-in until about 6:00 and ask for a delayed check-out. Breakfast, shower, nap, pool time, etc. and then head to the ship about noon-1:00

I would book a room, let the hotel know that you will not check-in until about 6:00 and ask for a delayed check-out. Breakfast, shower, nap, pool time, etc. and then head to the ship about noon-1:00

Sounds like an excellent plan:)

This.

You can book an inexpensive airport hotel on hotwire.

Do you have any recommendations that would fit the bill?

Close to airport

Free breakfast

CLEAN

I've been trying to study the hotwire/priceline options, but also want to compare hotel websites directly with the military rates our family qualifies for to see if that's a better deal than bidding.

Thank you!

http://www.sunny.org is a good source for FLL tourist and hotel info.

Roadway Inn is a budget motel near FLL often suggested on this board - I have no personal experience with the place.

Budget? :confused: Dates? :confused:

Not this Saturday, but the following--July 30th early morning, so I would need to reserve it for the night of the 29th with the understanding that we wouldn't arrive until the morning of the 30th.

I'd prefer to keep the cost minimal since we would only need the room for a max of about 5 hours, just to get a little shut-eye. However, I am not one to ever be able to sleep if there's an ewww factor in a hotel, so cleanliness is a priority!

Homewood suites By Hilton Ft Lauderdal airport cruise port was showing rates between $138 and $145. You will get a bigger room with a couch so people can relax / snooze while others shower. Rate includes breakfast and a free shuttle from the airport. I would call them directly (not the 800 number) to see if you can work a deal on the rate. Edited to add, call soon. Lots of places are booked for a 1 night stay

Edited by WestCoastFlyer

Yes, THIS

We had a late flight once, landed at 2am. hotels were 250.00 a night, so we decided to sleep in our rental car (We planned n this way to save money)

WHAT A MISTAKE!!! We couldn't sleep and ended up spending the first 3 hrs of our cruise snoozing in our stateroom!

Start your vacation as well rested as you can!!!

I would try to fly in the day b4...but if you can't...

Take taxi to Marriott Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Beach (10-15 mins at that hour) you could sleep or jump in the nice pool and go to the ocean across street. Great reasonable breakfast and shower and taxi to pier...if you need a van call : Quick & Safe Transportation 954-234-7856 used many times no worries and easy and cheap.

Not this Saturday, but the following--July 30th early morning, so I would need to reserve it for the night of the 29th with the understanding that we wouldn't arrive until the morning of the 30th.

I'd prefer to keep the cost minimal since we would only need the room for a max of about 5 hours, just to get a little shut-eye. However, I am not one to ever be able to sleep if there's an ewww factor in a hotel, so cleanliness is a priority!

There are plenty of hotels on hotwire for under $100. They even tell you the name now so you can actually shop on hotwire.

Good luck!

There are plenty of hotels on hotwire for under $100. They even tell you the name now so you can actually shop on hotwire.

Good luck!

there is always air bnb too if you aren't fussy and just need a place to crash