Manhattan Cruise Terminal ....Hotel & Parking Answers

twandswr11

Just cruised out of New York, Manhattan Cruise Terminal, on the Carnival Sunshine.

Stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Manhattan Westside on West 48th.....affordable and clean as well as centrally located to Times Square(only 10 minutes walk straight up from hotel), Grand Central Station, Rockefeller Center and More.....leave hotel and go up 1 block and turn left, go 1 more block to find ICON PARKING on the left.....park all day & night for $32 with hotel stamp for parking on your IKON TICKET ......when leaving ICON PARKING, turn left and go to 55th and turn left. Go all the way to 12th and turn left at light....MAKE SURE YOU GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH the light and FOLLOW the CRUISE TERMINAL this way sign. Follow cruise parking signs and park long term for $40 per day right next to your ship........

Edited by twandswr11

I was surprised to see that parking is $40 per day. For our 10 cruise it will be $400.00 to park!

I think staying at a hotel on the Jersey side with a stay and cruise pavkage would be better- --

Even with getting transportation to pier.

To each his own.....worked out great for us, smooth and easy......having driven in from South Carolina and not being knowledgeable about the easiest and best way to get around the city this worked best for us. If you are driving in and want the easiest way then the way we did it was perfect

I was surprised to see that parking is $40 per day. For our 10 cruise it will be $400.00 to park!

I think staying at a hotel on the Jersey side with a stay and cruise pavkage would be better- --

Even with getting transportation to pier.

I ran the numbers as well ... our cruise/park/stay package on the Jersey side is only going to cost us about $30 more than parking at the port would have been. It includes transportation to and from the port as well.

Good info. Thanks. How much was hotel?

$286.35 with taxes. We are going on a 7 day, so parking at the port would be $280. I guess I was wrong ... it's only $6.85 more and includes breakfast (which actually would make it less expensive).

• 4 weeks later...
$286.35 with taxes. We are going on a 7 day, so parking at the port would be $280. I guess I was wrong ... it's only $6.85 more and includes breakfast (which actually would make it less expensive).

Which hotel was this?!?

Which hotel was this?!?

This is the Hilton Gardens, Ridgefield Park, NJ. They offer a park,sleep cruise package which includes a room, parking for the duration of the cruise, and round trip Manhattan Cruiseport transportation for about $280.

• 2 weeks later...

MCT parking is still offering & accepting the 25% off coupon, valid only for NCL Gem sailing - which effectively reduced the daily rates, including taxes to $30 and no surcharges for minivan, suv or pickup truck, oversized/height/length vehicle, etc. Maximum charge for 11 to 30 days of sailing is $400 but if the 10 days sailing itinerary is for the GEM, it's reduced to $300 - and, that's a bargain for NYC.

Coupon link - issued by NYCruise (terminal operator) print & bring along

https://www.nycruise.com/content/uploads/2016/05/AM-3782-MCT_ParkingSummer2016-FINAL-1.pdf

Commercial parking in Manhattan's midtown west area typically charged $30 to $35 for 24 hours + 18.875% taxes; surcharge for minivan/suv/pickup truck is another $15 or $20 a day (yes, not a typo ... used to be $5 or $10 a day extra) Long term airport parking at JFK is $30 a day (24 hours) in N.Y. @ about 30 miles from port. There are other options nearby like Park Rite, previously posted/shared here - that will save a little money in exchange for the convenience, etc.

It isn't that much higher or less than commercial garage parking rates in cities like Boston, Los Angeles or San Francisco.

It's relatively secured rooftop parking, outdoor (yes) and very convenient, especially if you have good # of luggages to bring along; and, or someone in the group doesn't like to walk & wait, etc.

Edited by mking8288