Karib or Wet Money

Bobug

Has anyone rented (recently) a golf cart from either of these vendors? What are your thoughts? I noticed that Wet Money has Jeeps for the same price....which would you go with?

Thanks for any help!!

• 2 weeks later...

We rented from Karib last month. Th golf cart was fine, no mechanical issues. Definitely different driving on left side. We went out to lighthouse then over to the beaches. The map kinda sucks but the island is pretty small and you can't really get lost.

Karib is a ripoff, sent us out in a piece of junk golf cart that was nearly impossible to steer. The man, upon return apologized for the condition of the cart, I told him it was a bad experience. The woman who put us in it was rude and knew full well it was nearly out of gas when we started out, luckily I looked after our first stop and was near a gas station.

Grand Turk has beautiful beaches and port shopping but the rest of it is slum like conditions, research carefully before you decide on any excursions not offered thru your ship on this island.

Edited by whosyourdaddy

• 1 month later...

We used Karib in June and I can not recommend them. Golf cart was very slow and difficult to steer. I have used Nathans on previous trips but not sure he is still in business either. Will use Wet Money on next rental.

We have done carts and jeeps both. Enjoyed both. Would probably recommend jeep if available. Kinda hard to go to many places on the carts due to how slow they go. Easier to get to conch beach with jeep. Do recommend Sandbar restaurant for lunch. We love Grand Turk. See if you can find the flamingos if you rent the jeep. We have found them on two different occasions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How far is the walk from the terminal to the golf cart rentals? It is unclear on the directions of the email.

they are both outside the main gate. When you exit the pier through the Dufry shop, you should see a sign pointing toward the taxi stand, about 100 feet or so away. Head toward the taxi stand, then straight to the road, turn left. You'll see the gate. I'm calling it a total of 500 meters from the pier, maybe less. And you can cut across the parking lot and grass if you want.

they are both outside the main gate. When you exit the pier through the Dufry shop, you should see a sign pointing toward the taxi stand, about 100 feet or so away. Head toward the taxi stand, then straight to the road, turn left. You'll see the gate. I'm calling it a total of 500 meters from the pier, maybe less. And you can cut across the parking lot and grass if you want.

Thank you so much!! :)

• 5 weeks later...