Restroom facilities Whitepass Tours

DANCING GRANDMOMMY

This is an embarrassing question, but I need to use a restroom frequently. There are several tour that I can not take because of this. I wanted to know if there is a restroom on the Whitepass train ride and on the addition motorcoach back.

I know that my husband wants to do the helicopter ride in Juneau, but there is no way I can go that long. I am encouraging him to go without me.

For the summit return trips.... some recommend sitting across the bathroom so they don't need to swap seats.

Pay attention to which side.... I guess some get stuck between the cliff face and porcelain goddess for the entire return trip!

We were totally happy with the train up and the small bus down. We booked privately, not with the ship. Different views using the highway back down. Worth it for sure especially with a nice driver/guide offering lots of info. We used Chilkoot Charters and Tours.

Its a great question, OP and I too worry about available facilities. Is the helicopter too long in the air? Would there be one wherever the helicopter leaves and returns to?

I am thinking about the river tours. I assume facilities are available where we would suit up at Denali. The wilderness tour into the park....there are facilities somewhere, right? Not 7.5 hours with none?

Its a great question, OP and I too worry about available facilities. Is the helicopter too long in the air? Would there be one wherever the helicopter leaves and returns to?

I am thinking about the river tours. I assume facilities are available where we would suit up at Denali. The wilderness tour into the park....there are facilities somewhere, right? Not 7.5 hours with none?

The Denali long tour stops every 90 min. or so. Was definitely sufficient. We didn't do the helicopter but on any tour we took, there were facilities available either on the boat , train, bus or at stops. I wouldn't worry.

[/quote=alwaysfrantic;50907199]Its a great question, OP and I too worry about available facilities. Is the helicopter too long in the air? Would there be one wherever the helicopter leaves and returns to?

For bus trips into denali, the shuttle and tour buses stop at the same rest areas . The stops are about every 90 minutes and there are restrooms available. They arent flush toilets but they're 100 times better than a pit toilet or honeybucket. There are photos of the rest area/restroom

in a 2015 trip report by jmele999.

I've been to a few flightseeing vendors....there were restroom facilities at each of their offices. (employees have needs too!)Just call your vendor to be sure.

Edited by mapleleaves