Autoprogreso Tours

Recently booked Autoprogreso for Uxmal on Dec 1. When I got the confirmation from them it said that I should be downtown at 8 for the tour. the ship does not arrive at the pier until 8 ship time. is there a difference in ship and Progreso time? Will I be able to make the tour. I emailed them this question and have not heard back from them. Thanks for any input.

Recently booked Autoprogreso for Uxmal on Dec 1. When I got the confirmation from them it said that I should be downtown at 8 for the tour. the ship does not arrive at the pier until 8 ship time. is there a difference in ship and Progreso time? Will I be able to make the tour. I emailed them this question and have not heard back from them. Thanks for any input.

The Fantasy is leaving from Mobile, right? If so then the time would be the same in Progreso. I think you better contact Autoprogreso again. We used them for Uxmal a few years ago. While taking the bus down the long pier they were telling people about their tours and you could book it then. I don't know if they still do that. What we liked was there were so many less people on their tour. Almost everyone could have a whole seat to themselves instead of being packed in with almost every seat taken when using Carnival's excursion.

On July 12, 2016 Maldenmusic posted a picture of the departure schedule for AutoProgreso. The photo showed the departure time for the Uxmal Excursion as 10:00 AM. In the winter I frequently walk through the AutoProgreso Terminal in Progreso and have noticed the schedule. The photo confirms my memory. I hope this link to the photo works.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2365965

The Fantasy is leaving from Mobile, right? If so then the time would be the same in Progreso. I think you better contact Autoprogreso again. We used them for Uxmal a few years ago. While taking the bus down the long pier they were telling people about their tours and you could book it then. I don't know if they still do that. What we liked was there were so many less people on their tour. Almost everyone could have a whole seat to themselves instead of being packed in with almost every seat taken when using Carnival's excursion.

Yes it is out of Mobile. I have emailed them questioning the time and have yet to hear back from them. Thanks for your response

On July 12, 2016 Maldenmusic posted a picture of the departure schedule for AutoProgreso. The photo showed the departure time for the Uxmal Excursion as 10:00 AM. In the winter I frequently walk through the AutoProgreso Terminal in Progreso and have noticed the schedule. The photo confirms my memory. I hope this link to the photo works.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2365965

thanks for the post. I was able to see the departure schedule

Yep when we did Uxmal a few years ago we left around 10. You will hop on an AP bus when you walk outside from the Progreso cruise terminal and you will walk right in front of their store front on your left inside the terminal. Guadalupe and/or Mario will probably be standing out front and they can answer any questions. They will be wearing the light blue shirts with AP insignia.

I had planned to book the Uxmel tour through carnival because I was worried about making it back to ship in time, but after reading all the great reviews of Autoprogreso I may change my mind and save money! $30 per person and all you get extra is a bottle of water and a sandwich! Interested in hearing how it all worked out and do you pay in full online or just deposit. We're scheduled to be in Port on Jan. 3, we'll be in Cozumel on 2nd. On Fantasy.

I had planned to book the Uxmel tour through carnival because I was worried about making it back to ship in time' date=' but after reading all the great reviews of Autoprogreso I may change my mind and save money! $30 per person and all you get extra is a bottle of water and a sandwich! Interested in hearing how it all worked out and do you pay in full online or just deposit. We're scheduled to be in Port on Jan. 3, we'll be in Cozumel on 2nd. On Fantasy.[/quote']

Our AP trip to Uxmal was problem free as they all have been. We were back to the ship in plenty of time and they gave us the option of being dropped off in Progreso for shopping. We went in July and it was dreadfully hot. Your weather should be better. I wouldn't hesitate to use AP for any of their tours.

Our AP trip to Uxmal was problem free as they all have been. We were back to the ship in plenty of time and they gave us the option of being dropped off in Progreso for shopping. We went in July and it was dreadfully hot. Your weather should be better. I wouldn't hesitate to use AP for any of their tours.

Thank you, I think this is the way we'll go. Did you book online or just at the port. I've read they promote their tours on the bus ride from the ship.

AutoProgreso has the concession for the free (for passengers) shuttle that necessarily takes you from the ship to the shore (4 mile long pier). In exchange for this concession, they get first dibs on passengers and pitch them their tours on the trip into Progreso.

Once in town, you will be dropped off at a touristy market OR the AutoProgreso bus station. Either way, you can then book a tour with AutoProgreso by letting one of the reps know you are interested in this or that tour.

Departure times can be flexible if people are undecided or if there are not enough to make the trip feasible and they want to wait a bit. But, there is a limit to the flexibility as you only have a certain amount of time to reach your destination and if you leave too late, you won't see anything.

I had planned to book the Uxmel tour through carnival because I was worried about making it back to ship in time' date=' but after reading all the great reviews of Autoprogreso I may change my mind and save money! $30 per person and all you get extra is a bottle of water and a sandwich! Interested in hearing how it all worked out and do you pay in full online or just deposit. We're scheduled to be in Port on Jan. 3, we'll be in Cozumel on 2nd. On Fantasy.[/quote']

you do pay in full online. I finally heard back from Autoprogreso and he said the departure time varies with the ship's arrival time. So I feel much better about the reservation now.

you do pay in full online. I finally heard back from Autoprogreso and he said the departure time varies with the ship's arrival time. So I feel much better about the reservation now.

Thanks that's good to know. I think I'll just go ahead and book that to get it off my mind, still struggling with what to do in Cozumel

I booked thru Carnival and got the best price guarantee. Difference plus 10%.:)

I thought they wouldn't give the guarantee because the carnival tour includes a bag lunch and a bottle of water so it's different. I'll give it try and see what they say. Thanks for the info