Boston Old Town Trolley Tours (Buy Online & Save Option)

jt58203

I'm interested in buying the Boston Old Town Trolley Hop On Hop Office tickets online from home rather than purchasing it as a shore excursion. Just wondering if it comes as an e-ticket and I can hop on the trolley at any stop or do I need to begin the tour at a certain designated place?

I'm interested in buying the Boston Old Town Trolley Hop On Hop Office tickets online from home rather than purchasing it as a shore excursion. Just wondering if it comes as an e-ticket and I can hop on the trolley at any stop or do I need to begin the tour at a certain designated place?

Not sure about the e-ticket, though if you can buy them online, I would expect so. Yes, you can join at any stop, and get off at any stop. Be aware that there isn't a real "schedule" of when the next trolley comes along. Traffic and customer demand determine the scheduling.

We did this in 2012. It comes as an E-ticket. It will pick you up from the dockyard around 8 or 830...not long after the ship docks. It will then take you across the bridge and over into Boston right by the Boston Massacre site. There you have the option of hanging on the trolley for the 30 min or so until the tour actually starts or you can wander around and catch it at that spot or any other spot. If memory serves when we first boarded at the dock we were given something when we showed our eticket and we then just showed that when getting on again. But I can look at my book at home to let you know for sure. We loved this tour and would do it again and highly recommend it. Also if for any reason you ship does not make the port of call, just call them right away when you arrive home and you can be refunded. Hope this helps.

We just bought two (online) last week, was $24.95pp. Will be in Boston for the day in October. Old Town Trolley got the best reviews on Trip Advisor and also includes a 45 min Harbor tour. Hoping for great Fall weather. 😎

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just googled this and saw their website and I just can't for the life of me figure it out....so we get a ticket, get on the trolley and go around Boston for the day. But do they bring you back to the ship? Are they on the ship's schedule or do we have to HOP OFF in time to find our own way back to the ship from wherever the trolley is? Also, is it crowded to the point where it would be hard to see the sites?

You do have to keep track of the Trolleys so that you know you will get back to the ship on time. Since you are getting on and off all day long, you can't count on just any of the trolleys getting back to the ship on time. Their schedule is pretty easy to understand but keep an eye on it. We did the Boston Tea Party Theater and had to leave before the entire show was over because we knew we had to be on a certain trolley when it left the stop near the theater. If we had not caught that trolley, we would have been very close to getting back to the ship on time.

You can stay on the trolley but you would just do the same route over and over again. It doesn't take all day to right around the loop. Your driver does do a narrative about the areas you are seeing but I would think it is the same for each area.

You can stay on the trolley but you would just do the same route over and over again. It doesn't take all day to right around the loop. Your driver does do a narrative about the areas you are seeing but I would think it is the same for each area.

Okay, thanks. Do you know about how long it takes to "go around the loop?" We could do that, then get off and do whatever we want on our own?

Okay, thanks. Do you know about how long it takes to "go around the loop?" We could do that, then get off and do whatever we want on our own?

According to Boston Old Town Trolley Tour website, the ride is approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes if you do not get off the trolley. DH and I got off at the Public Gardens and again at the Boston Tea Party Theater and, as I said, we had to leave the theater presentation early in order to get back to the ship on time. I believe we also grabbed lunch at Panera's along the way. If you decide ahead of time something you would like to see more of, you can get off the trolley, do your sightseeing, and jump back on a later trolley to finish the tour.