Anyone been to Mr. Sanchos All Inclusive Beach Resort?

Taishartrueblood

Well you could use the search function on this board to find about 500 threads that mention Mr. Sanchos, or just scroll down the board. ;) The place is discussed here every day.

I would also check trip advisor. :)

yeah, we've been and it's FUN!!!! I'd totally do it again. food is good, drinks are good. swim up bar is good, waiter service is even better. you get your own table w/umbrella as part of the all inclusive. kind of a "home base" for the day. lots of beach chairs too. we did all inclusive w/water park

A group of us (eight women) went last year and had a great time. We did the all inclusive which made it very easy. The service was fast and attentive. The food was really very good and plentiful. Nice fish tacos and whole fish. I especially loved their tamarind margaritas which we just the right amount of tequila for middle of the day. Some in our group got messages and fish pedicures. It was pretty packed, but we all had a great time. Took cabs from the pier without any problem. It was not far.

If so, thoughts? :)

Thanks!

My wife and I went to Mr. Sanchos on Friday, January 13th and we DID NOT have a good experience. The type of crowd we experienced was a blend of Honey Boo Boo, Walmart, and Jerry Springer types with some normal people sprinkled about. We actually saw a drunk guy take the top off of his rather large and older female traveling companion and lick/bite/slobber at her recently uncovered area for 30 minutes (we left because our stomachs were turning). We mentioned this to one of the workers there and he just laughed it off. We rented a "private" cabana (which does not include clean sheets or pillows) and another member of this riff-raff crowd came over and ate at our table and left his trash there (along with their own bottle of a homemade Screwdriver) and the staff did nothing.

Also be aware that their use of "all inclusive" is a bit flexible, as they charged us an additional $5.00 each to rent towels.

The food and drinks are free, but be prepared to wait an hour to get food and slightly less time to get watered-down drinks. We also observed our food being given to someone else.

We did get a massage included with the cabana rental which was nice.

As a side note, the port in Cozumel is built as a maze meant to have you travel through their vast port shops before finding a taxi. If you are unlucky enough to be there with a number of other ships, be prepared to wait a long time for a taxi leaving and to wait in the taxi line to enter the port upon your return.

P.S. Just in case you were wondering, my wife and I are 37, without kids, and not at all prudish. This should help put our review in context.

Edited by CT_Postman
Post Script

My wife and I went to Mr. Sanchos on Friday, January 13th and we DID NOT have a good experience. The type of crowd we experienced was a blend of Honey Boo Boo, Walmart, and Jerry Springer types with some normal people sprinkled about. We actually saw a drunk guy take the top off of his rather large and older female traveling companion and lick/bite/slobber at her recently uncovered area for 30 minutes (we left because our stomachs were turning). We mentioned this to one of the workers there and he just laughed it off. We rented a "private" cabana (which does not include clean sheets or pillows) and another member of this riff-raff crowd came over and ate at our table and left his trash there (along with their own bottle of a homemade Screwdriver) and the staff did nothing.

Also be aware that their use of "all inclusive" is a bit flexible, as they charged us an additional $5.00 each to rent towels.

The food and drinks are free, but be prepared to wait an hour to get food and slightly less time to get watered-down drinks. We also observed our food being given to someone else.

We did get a massage included with the cabana rental which was nice.

As a side note, the port in Cozumel is built as a maze meant to have you travel through their vast port shops before finding a taxi. If you are unlucky enough to be there with a number of other ships, be prepared to wait a long time for a taxi leaving and to wait in the taxi line to enter the port upon your return.

P.S. Just in case you were wondering, my wife and I are 37, without kids, and not at all prudish. This should help put our review in context.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

We have never been to Sanchos but were considering it because of new pool. I had been checking out website for a future visit with kids so probably wouldn't have a cabana. However I wasn't aware from website that cabana included a private table as well? The website does say towels are extra so that wouldn't have been a surprise and we would probably take ship towels anyway.

Did you book the romance package in advance, or were you there early and able to just take a cabana that wasn't reserved? I have read they are available on a first come basis if they are empty?

If visiting International again it is often easier to get a taxi out on the road, or across the road at Royal Village, same with return.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

We have never been to Sanchos but were considering it because of new pool. I had been checking out website for a future visit with kids so probably wouldn't have a cabana. However I wasn't aware from website that cabana included a private table as well? The website does say towels are extra so that wouldn't have been a surprise and we would probably take ship towels anyway.

Did you book the romance package in advance, or were you there early and able to just take a cabana that wasn't reserved? I have read they are available on a first come basis if they are empty?

If visiting International again it is often easier to get a taxi out on the road, or across the road at Royal Village, same with return.

We booked the Honeymoon package in advance (not our honeymoon though) and got put on the waiting list. When we arrived there was one left available. There were also signs up saying the cabanas were first come, first serve. Just a guess, but I imagine the unbooked cabanas are first come first serve, but you have to pay for them like we did. If you are going there I would suggest a cabana since there is no escape from the sun with the standard beach chairs, and again, you have to rent a beach umbrella.

I don't recall seeing any children there and I wouldn't consider it a place for kids (I believe there are a few resorts specializing in that crowd).

Thanks for the tips about the taxi's, if we go back there we will definitely follow your advice!

Oh and yes they come with your own table located in front of the cabana with your name on it.

Edited by CT_Postman
Table

My family and I were there this Monday. I have 3 kids, ages 2, 5 and 7.

It was 6 of us total. Cab ride was $32 each way. Decent air-conditioned van that we had to ourselves. It was about a 15min ride. We finally got there around 10am, I believe they open at 9am.

We had a reservation from a third party website and had put in a deposit.

Everything went smooth until after we payed...

We were not interested in playing in the kids inflatable water toys, and instead, opted for a shady area to the right by the other pool. The server that we were assigned to told me his section is by the water toys, other wise he sent me off to fend for myself. Off I went on my own.

I few tables had "Reserved" signs. We sat on a table that didn't have the sign and also took up a few beach loungers near a couple of palm trees.

One of the servers comes to tell me that I needed to sit directly behind the loungers, or vice versa. I tell him that I was looking for a nice shade for my kids. Two out of the 5 loungers I picked were in front of one of the reserved tables. There were a lot of empty tables but the loungers were being taken up quickly. Anyways, that server and I end up arguing, makes it a point to tell me I am wrong, but ends up telling me to do whatever I wanted to do and walks away. Definitely not the great experience I have read about.

Needless to say, it ruined the day for me. I tried to enjoy it and not let it ruin the experience for the rest of my family.

My kids went to check out the pool. They are not the best swimmers, which is why they didn't want to check out the inflatable toys on the beach. However, the pool was too deep for any small children to enjoy. They were only able to reach a couple of steps. Once they get confident they will start to explore the deep ends, but it was all pretty deep for them. I wish they would have enjoyed the pool more so I can hang out at the swim up bar but we quickly went back to the rest of the family on the beach.

This was definitely the first and last time I will go to Sancho's.

My 4 and 6 year had a blast. We didn't do the water toys because they were to small for them. They seem to be better do middle school and up. There were other kids the same age as mine and a lot of them started playing together in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums