Nice: Tour company recommendations?

QuattroRomeo

We have a customized itinerary we'd like to do, and ultimately form a roll call group for the day, out of the port in Nice.

Anyone care to recommend someone/a company you've used, that works out the details well with you and has competitive rates?

Thanks for any help!

We have a customized itinerary we'd like to do, and ultimately form a roll call group for the day, out of the port in Nice.

Anyone care to recommend someone/a company you've used, that works out the details well with you and has competitive rates?

Thanks for any help!

We just completed the TA on the Reflection. Had a guide by the name of Sasha. Riviera Come True. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187234-d10225256-Reviews-Riviera_Come_True-Nice_French_Riviera_Cote_d_Azur_Provence.html. A very passionate young man whose tour was as individualistic as they come. We booked for 7 hours (Mercedes Van). Stopped at a patissiere to pick up lunch went to a park for a picnic. Monaco, Villefranche, etc, For the value and enthusiasm you will not beat him. Check him out.

Just completed TA on Reflection as well.

Book with Sylvie, you will not be disappointed! She was waiting as promised, toured us in her comfortable van to some of the most beautiful sights in the Côte d'Azur.

Very thoughtful in her itinerary, we made Eze before the tour busses, enjoyed a stroll on the Nice beach front, visited a bustling market and enjoyed a delicious lunch.

Thank you Sylvie!

https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Attraction_Review-g187220-d1861193-Reviews-Alpes_Guides_Interpretes-Cagnes_sur_Mer_French_Riviera_Cote_d_Azur_Provence.html#photos

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bdoster

• 3 weeks later...
Just completed TA on Reflection as well.

Book with Sylvie, you will not be disappointed! She was waiting as promised, toured us in her comfortable van to some of the most beautiful sights in the Côte d'Azur.

Very thoughtful in her itinerary, we made Eze before the tour busses, enjoyed a stroll on the Nice beach front, visited a bustling market and enjoyed a delicious lunch.

Thank you Sylvie!

https://www.tripadvisor.fr/Attraction_Review-g187220-d1861193-Reviews-Alpes_Guides_Interpretes-Cagnes_sur_Mer_French_Riviera_Cote_d_Azur_Provence.html#photos

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another Highly recommendation for Sylvie she was the best, my only negative was that we didn't use her in other ports besides Monte Carlo, she is great!

http://www.frenchrivieraguides.net/about-us-sylvie-di-cristo.html

Whatever you do, do NOT book with Absolutely Southern France, they did not have a guide that spoke nor understood English well, did not offer what was promised and she was hard to reach when we had a problem and was nasty to deal to boot!

• 5 weeks later...
Another Highly recommendation for Sylvie she was the best, my only negative was that we didn't use her in other ports besides Monte Carlo, she is great!

Whatever you do, do NOT book with Absolutely Southern France, they did not have a guide that spoke nor understood English well, did not offer what was promised and she was hard to reach when we had a problem and was nasty to deal to boot!

We have used Sylvie as well along with Ingrid of Kultours. They both provide a quality tour experience that you will not forget (in the good way).

We were able to book Sylvie herself for our stop in Villefranche. We are going off the beaten path to some of the smaller villages in the area. She has been excellent about responding to emails. Tt should be an excellent day.

Thanks everyone for your input! TMLA, which small villages did you choose? Sounds like something we might enjoy too.

Sylvie has suggested Roquebrune, Eze & La Turbie. Other villages possible on the old stones tour are Tourettes sur Loup, Gourdon, les Hauts de Cagnes, Vence, Valbonne et Mougins.

I told her we'd prefer not to spend too much time in the van and more time exploring. FYI, the van which can seat 8 + driver is arranged 3x3x3, so a bit cramped with the maximum; when 3 couples toured in similar vehicles in Scotland, we had one man in front with the driver, 2 men in the middle seat and 3 women in the back.

Edited by TMLAalum

• 2 weeks later...
HI

We will be in Villefranche on Celebrity Reflection in May this year. Did Sylvie make up a special itinerary for you, or is it a standard tour. An indication of the cost would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sylvie will customize to what you wish. For 2 people the cost is 140 euro per person, but with 8 it goes down to 80 euro each.

She does have a large mini-bus available that can hold up to 25 people for a grand total of 1300 euro. We opted to book it for our group of 12 for the comfort factor which will be a little more money than if we'd gone with 2 tandem vans for our group.

I encourage you to contact her. If you post on your roll call, you can get others to join you to reduce the cost.

I contacted a Canadian lady, Nancy McGee, who runs a travel business. She made arrangements for us not only in Nice but also for our shore excursion in Marseille.

Unfortunately we were in Nice on a Monday so we missed the flower market in the historical center. Our driver took us to Eze and Monaco, my daughter loved the stop at the Fragonard perfume factory which offers free tours.

I contacted a Canadian lady, Nancy McGee, who runs a travel business. She made arrangements for us not only in Nice but also for our shore excursion in Marseille.

Unfortunately we were in Nice on a Monday so we missed the flower market in the historical center. Our driver took us to Eze and Monaco, my daughter loved the stop at the Fragonard perfume factory which offers free tours.

We were MOST unhappy with Nancy and her company.

We tried to get Sylvie for a tour from Reflection cruise on 31st May, but unfortunately she was already booked by another group from the ship. However she has advised me she still has many vacancies for other days, so if you are o a different cruise you many be lucky. She is very prompt in replying to emails

• 3 weeks later...

I have also tried two shore excursions organised by Nancy. My husband and I were very satisfied. Guides and drivers were always ponctual and helpful. The Cooking workshop with local products and the visit to a wine caves were an excellent experience. This spring we are totaly doing it again.

We found both St Paul de Vence and Eze extremely touristy-- the main things are shops, shops and more shops. Really terrific scenic spots, with great twisty streets and wonderful old buildings. But the commercial aspect was a real turn-off for us.

• 4 weeks later...