Has anyone gone on the Yukon Expedition (SW31), by Disney or any other line?

brenton

We loved our drive into the Yukon, we used Beyond Skagway with Becky. She stopped whenever we asked - she even reversed a bit so I could get a photo of a flower by the side of the road.

I doubt that it would be very enjoyable on a bus. It takes time for everyone to get off, everyone to take turns getting a photo at the road signs, etc.

I did the tour through Princess and thought it was fine. If you have kids, it is a long time on a bus, even with stops.

It would be better to do it with a smaller group (Chilkoot) and to combine train one way and bus the other way.

Or the other option is to rent a car and download a driving guide and go at your own pace. It is a very easy drive and you can go at your own pace.

I have done several trips into the Yukon via bus, car and train so have experience in all the areas.

Oh wow, I didn't know the bus portion was 4 hours... We do not have kids, so not worried about that, but are there restroom stops?. We are deciding between this and another excursion that goes to the Klondike Gold Fields and then takes a 3.5 hour train 'round trip to the border'. Have any of you been to that and are able to compare to this tour with the Caribou Crossing Trading Post/Yukon Wildlife Museum/Mushers Camp?

Oh wow, I didn't know the bus portion was 4 hours... We do not have kids, so not worried about that, but are there restroom stops?. We are deciding between this and another excursion that goes to the Klondike Gold Fields and then takes a 3.5 hour train 'round trip to the border'. Have any of you been to that and are able to compare to this tour with the Caribou Crossing Trading Post/Yukon Wildlife Museum/Mushers Camp?
These are very different. The Klondike Gold Fields tour does not get into the Yukon- if of interest? It's more, go to this reenacted location, then getting the train. Depends what is of most interest to you> here are more descriptions, plenty of reviews to also consider.

http://www.klondikegoldfields.com/norwegian

Distance wise from the Skagway train station (Red Onion) on Google Maps when driving up the Klondike Highway...

• 1.8 miles (9 minutes) Klondike Gold Dredge
  • 14 miles (29 minutes) Canada Border
  • 22 miles (44 minutes) Fraser BC
  • 33.2 miles (66 minutes) Yukon Suspension Bridge (the bridge is in BC, not in the Yukon)
  • 49 miles (97 minutes) Yukon Border
  • 65 miles (2 hours) Carcross, Yukon
  • 66 miles (2 hours) Caribou Crossing

While there are lots of bushes along the way for a bathroom break, the bus has one too. Forgot where the bus stops going Northbound to Caribou Crossing, but on the way back, I remember stopping at Carcross and Fraser (for the train combo).

We did the Yukon Excursion thru Norwegian Cruise Lines. It was about a 7 hour trip and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Small bus of about 25 to 30 and it was not that bad getting on and off for picture stops. We made a couple of bathroom stops each way and lunch in Carcross was included. One of our favorite excursions on our cruise.

We did the Yukon Excursion thru Norwegian Cruise Lines. It was about a 7 hour trip and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Small bus of about 25 to 30 and it was not that bad getting on and off for picture stops. We made a couple of bathroom stops each way and lunch in Carcross was included. One of our favorite excursions on our cruise.

I have to say it is enjoyable also. You really need a longer trip to get into the Yukon and see the beautiful sites - so don't let the time scare you.

I do think a combo tour would be best for a first timer but this is a good tour and I have done it 2x.

Is this the Yukon Territory Scenic Drive that NCL offers? I am interested in taking this. Glad to hear you enjoyed it,

What time of year did you go?

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Yukon tour crosses the border, I assume you need a passport. Is a passport card acceptable for this (as well as for exiting/entering the ship)? Or do you need a passport book? (I'm from the US)

Since the Yukon tour crosses the border, I assume you need a passport. Is a passport card acceptable for this (as well as for exiting/entering the ship)? Or do you need a passport book? (I'm from the US)

Yes a passport card will be fine. We have enhanced Washington state driver license for travel to Canada and for TSA airport security.