Our stay in Lago Mar

Go-Bucks!

So glad I decided to stay at Lago Mar - loved it! The staff were all friendly and helpful. When I checked in, the clerk said "I have good news for you!" We were upgraded (at no extra charge) from a traditional room to a one bedroom oceanview executive suite on the 5th floor overlooking the pools and the ocean!!! Our large balcony had a lounger, 2 chairs and a table. The bedroom had 2 double beds; there was a large bathroom and a kitchen area in the hallway with a fridge, sink, Keurig and a microwave. The large living room had a dining table with 4 chairs.

The grounds were very nice and the beach is huge! The one drawback is that you have to take a taxi to go places off the premises. So, instead of paying for a taxi to go somewhere for breakfast, we just had the breakfast buffet at the hotel. It was a pricey ($19pp), but a taxi ride would have been $15+ each way. The very extensive buffet was excellent with custom made omelets (huge) and pancakes. Eating outside by the pool was so nice. Lots of things for kids to do and lots of loungers by the pool. There is also an adult-only pool.

I have already reserved this hotel for my next 2 cruises going out of FLL. So much nicer than 2 of the previous hotels in FLL where I've stayed precruise. The only place that was as nice was the Ritz Carlton, but it cost alot more although it is very centrally located.

So glad I decided to stay at Lago Mar - loved it! The staff were all friendly and helpful. When I checked in, the clerk said "I have good news for you!" We were upgraded (at no extra charge) from a traditional room to a one bedroom oceanview executive suite on the 5th floor overlooking the pools and the ocean!!! Our large balcony had a lounger, 2 chairs and a table. The bedroom had 2 double beds; there was a large bathroom and a kitchen area in the hallway with a fridge, sink, Keurig and a microwave. The large living room had a dining table with 4 chairs.

The grounds were very nice and the beach is huge! The one drawback is that you have to take a taxi to go places off the premises. So, instead of paying for a taxi to go somewhere for breakfast, we just had the breakfast buffet at the hotel. It was a pricey ($19pp), but a taxi ride would have been $15+ each way. The very extensive buffet was excellent with custom made omelets (huge) and pancakes. Eating outside by the pool was so nice. Lots of things for kids to do and lots of loungers by the pool. There is also an adult-only pool.

I have already reserved this hotel for my next 2 cruises going out of FLL. So much nicer than 2 of the previous hotels in FLL where I've stayed precruise. The only place that was as nice was the Ritz Carlton, but it cost alot more although it is very centrally located.

I guess nobody told you about the Sun Trolley which is $1 per ride or unlimited for $3 per day?

http://www.suntrolley.com/

I guess nobody told you about the Sun Trolley which is $1 per ride or unlimited for $3 per day?

http://www.suntrolley.com/

The Sun Trolley is great as a daytime transportation option but the Beach link doesn't start until 9:30 am and ends at 6:30 pm. For some folks that would be too late for breakfast and too early for dinner. Plus when staying at the Lago Mar you have to walk to A1A (about 1/2 mile) to catch the trolley - for some people that could be difficult.

OP - thank you for the informative review. If I didn't live up the beach about 12 miles, I'd love to stay at the Lago Mar!