Divi Little Bay - Reservations?

Noreen411

Hi

We're going on Anthem and have a stop in St Maarten.

We've been tossing around beach ideas and narrowed it down to Holland House or Divi Little Bay. We went to Orient last time.

Do you need reservations at Divi Little Bay or just show up to rent chairs/umbrellas?

Are there changing facilities? Bathrooms? Outdoor shower to rinse off?

Thank you in advance

Noreen

Edited by Noreen411

Hi

We're going on Anthem and have a stop in St Maarten.

We've been tossing around beach ideas and narrowed it down to Holland House or Divi Little Bay. We went to Orient last time.

Do you need reservations at Divi Little Bay or just show up to rent chairs/umbrellas? No, you can just show up and rent chairs. You just walk down to the beach and find the attendant who will set them up and collect payment. I think it was about $15.00 last year for 2 loungers and 1 umbrella.

Are there changing facilities? Bathrooms? Outdoor shower to rinse off?

There are very nice bathrooms and were clean (at least when we were there). I'm not sure about changing facilities, but I'm sure you could change in the bathrooms. If I can recall correctly, they were pretty large with plenty of stalls. I'm also not sure about an outdoor shower to rinse off.

Thank you in advance

Noreen

We spent our day at Divi Little Bay while in St. Maarten on a cruise stop in September 2015. We loved that it was close to port, so we were able to spend a few hours there then had time to browse the shopping areas of downtown Philipsburg without feeling rushed. Hopefully others can answer the questions I was unable to.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

Just wanted to come back with a thank you for the recommendation.

We went to Divi Little Bay and had a great time.

There was an outdoor rinse off shower. The bathrooms were clean with ample space to change in.

Thank you

Noreen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Noreen 411, was the water calm? How much were chair rentals? Thanks for your feedback.

Hi

Yes the water was calm.

I think it was pretty cheap to rent here, $5 per chair, $5 for an umbrella. The umbrella may have been a bit more. I think the taxi ride was also only $5 per person.

Noreen

Hi

Yes the water was calm.

I think it was pretty cheap to rent here, $5 per chair, $5 for an umbrella. The umbrella may have been a bit more. I think the taxi ride was also only $5 per person.

Noreen

Thank you Noreen! I think I will give it a try. We keep going to Orient Beach and I want something different.

• 2 weeks later...
How far away is it from the ship? And I am assuming you need cash for the chairs and umbrella? And bring your own towels? Also, is there a pool? TIA!

10-15 min via taxi. About $10 for 2 each way. There is a taxi stand at Divi Little Bay resort. The pool is for the resort guests. The Watersports booth does take credit cards for Watersports rentals. I have never rented chairs there so I can't help you with that.

10-15 min via taxi. About $10 for 2 each way. There is a taxi stand at Divi Little Bay resort. The pool is for the resort guests. The Watersports booth does take credit cards for Watersports rentals. I have never rented chairs there so I can't help you with that.

Thank you! Good to know about the taxi stand. I never worry about getting somewhere, but STRESS about getting BACK to the ship! We are in St. M from 8-5 in January.

One more question: Hope this doesn't sound too silly, but is it a nice view from the beach?

Lovely view, and my favorite thing about that beach actually. The sand is not as nice as most of the other beaches that we go to though. It's not really course but it's more packed down and not as powdery as say Simpson Bay, Mullet or Orient for examples.

Lovely view, and my favorite thing about that beach actually. The sand is not as nice as most of the other beaches that we go to though. It's not really course but it's more packed down and not as powdery as say Simpson Bay, Mullet or Orient for examples.

(y)(y) Thanks for the heads up about the sand, but that's not going to make it or break it! :cool:

One more question: Hope this doesn't sound too silly, but is it a nice view from the beach?

Hi Karen!

I know Karysa already answered your question about the views. That was one of our FAVORITE things about it. The day we were there, we were able to see St. Maarten's island neighbor, Saba, from Divi Little Bay all day. I don't know if the air is always clear enough to see Saba or not. We really enjoyed it there, loved that it was close to port, taxi's readily available from port and back. We had a very nice and relaxing day. Here's a little preview of those views. ;)

IMG_0493-1.jpg

20150926_122956-1.jpg

20150926_123013-1.jpg

Thanks Holly! Now that I recall your review, I remember you mentioned about seeing Saba. I couldn't figure out how you knew what it was. I had never even heard of it! I have just about made up my mind to spend the day here. Wanted to do something different. Why don't you join us?? Pride Journeys cruise on 1/7/18! :cool::D

Thanks Holly! Now that I recall your review, I remember you mentioned about seeing Saba. I couldn't figure out how you knew what it was. I had never even heard of it! I have just about made up my mind to spend the day here. Wanted to do something different. Why don't you join us?? Pride Journeys cruise on 1/7/18! :cool::D

Wish we could. Hubby wouldn't be able to get that many days in a row off from work and with January, it's year end for him. :( I'll have to look that one up to see where all you get to go. Maybe one day. :)

Wish we could. Hubby wouldn't be able to get that many days in a row off from work and with January, it's year end for him. :( I'll have to look that one up to see where all you get to go. Maybe one day. :)

Holly, I am re reading your Liberty cruise review to see the beach in St. M!!!! I miss the Liberty and looked up a cruise on her for next year, but she is doing the PC-Nassau-Freeport 3 and 4 day cruises with an occasional Princess Cays thrown in. (n)

I would LOVE to sail on her again some day. Hope you can find a cruise to fit in with DH'es allowable time off. We are also doing the Sunshine on 9/23. Not really a fan of doing the Canada itinerary again, but it also includes Boston and Portland. Destiny was our lst CCL cruise and we sailed her a couple times and CCL is leaving NY, so we are doing a WHAT THE HECK/WHY NOT cruise!