Escape - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

Yes! I haven't been on CC much in a few months but I'm at the beach today and it made me miss cruising!

So glad to find this review while still live! Sue is slaying this cruis. Beautiful moments with your daughter as well! Will the family be coming in the October Bliss cruise? Are you still going on that one?

Loving this! I log on as soon as I get home from work. We booked our first Escape cruise for last October because of your first live review of the Escape. We loved it so much we are back on it this October with this Itinerary. So Excited, can't wait until September 30th!!!

You have an awesome family. Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise as much as the rest of us are enjoying your review. :-)

We are on the Sept 30 sailing as well....see you there. Hope I have half the fun Doug does :D

Gotta get a Toro Toro... favorite drink on board. Made with Patron and for some reason still covered under UBP, even though Patron isn't at other bars.

Have you ever walked in just to order, or order at DBH? I *might* be on rough waters tonight.

Have you ever walked in just to order, or order at DBH? I *might* be on rough waters tonight.

Have gotten them at Food Republic only, never tried at DBH. Thought it was only the few food items from FR that could be obtained at DBH. Quirky about Patron being covered under UBP in that drink at FR but nowhere else on board. Love that drink though...four of them at lunch time puts you in a good mood for the rest of the afternoon. You need to give your patch a workout anyway. 😁 Did you take Rick's advice and move it a little further south?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Yes, I have ordered at the restaurant w/o eating there. I have ordered with the hostess or a server that happens to walk by. They have been very nice about it. It is my favorite drink on any ship.....it is spicy :D

Gotta get a Toro Toro... favorite drink on board. Made with Patron and for some reason still covered under UBP, even though Patron isn't at other bars. 🤔

Patron was covered everywhere when we went on the Getaway 2 years ago. Going on the Escape in September so I'm hoping it's still covered because Patron makes the best margaritas

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app

Patron was covered everywhere when we went on the Getaway 2 years ago. Going on the Escape in September so I'm hoping it's still covered because Patron makes the best margaritas

In June of 2016, there was a price increase that put Patron over the 15.00 limit of the UBP. I know because of postings on CC and my first hand experience on the Escape in July of 2016 and again in January of 2017.

I prefer to use Don Julio Reposado, but of course that is way over the 15.00 limit. Will look forward to many made with that on board the Carnival Horizon next year, especially at the Alchemy Bar, since the limit on Cheers is 50.00.

In June of 2016, there was a price increase that put Patron over the 15.00 limit of the UBP. I know because of postings on CC and my first hand experience on the Escape in July of 2016 and again in January of 2017.

I prefer to use Don Julio Reposado, but of course that is way over the 15.00 limit. Will look forward to many made with that on board the Carnival Horizon next year, especially at the Alchemy Bar, since the limit on Cheers is 50.00.

Well that's disappointing.

Exhausted.

My stop at DBH was supposed to be a quick one - en route to meet up with Sue at one of the shops. But then I ran into the same CruiseCritic friends that were at Maya Chan.

So I just now arrived back at the room, and received an earful from Sue.

Thirteen or so hours after the marathon began, I am DONE. I'm now in bed, cuddling a 1 L bottle of Aquafina.

I'm terrible at day drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I was on Breakaway they had Patron at just about every bar. I like margaritas on the rocks and they all were made with Patron and I had UBP.

And just like Courtney, your cruise on the Breakaway was before the price increase that occurred in June of 2016. Grey Goose is still covered under the UBP, but the flavored versions are not, even though they all cost the same for a litre bottle purchase in the gift shop. Here is an updated 2017 menu with the price of Silver Patron @ 16.95 listed as a Super premium spirit. http://eatsleepcruise.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/DSC02553-Copy.jpg

Edited by SNJCruisers

We are on the Sept 30 sailing as well....see you there. Hope I have half the fun Doug does :D

We are on the September 30th sailing too!! It appears we all have some big shoes to fill!! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suspect that today's "Drink of the day" will be for the DougOut - WATER! :D

He's pretty much to the light beer section of the District list, and that's kind of water. ;)