Escape - Live 7/22

TheDougOut

Sue's been nagging to use my phone all morning, I assume she needs to check something back home. She takes the phone from me at breakfast.

She forgot to close the browser...

00fa5ae77d85a9f0b4f2d803a6e731e8.jpg

We have nothing planned today... just walking off the ship to look around.

Sue is now retelling the story of how she was stood-up one night on a cruise ship.

6332c184267c4c843cf5f2b27aade7e5.jpg

It may have been last night, not quite sure.

Yes, you absolutely must use your remaining SDP credit for Pinchos. When we used ours (for lunch), we were seated, and the server knew we had SDP. Without being prompted, he brought us a plate of meats and cheeses to enjoy while looking over the menu. Then we told him to just feed us. He continued to bring more and more different items over the course of an hour or more, until we told him to stop. We sampled most everything on the menu, and the best things, we'd ask him to bring more. It was wonderful. If we ever had SDP again, this will definitely be how we'd use a credit again next time. The food is amazing, and the presentation is great. It's so fun to sit at the bar and watch the items being prepared by talented food artists.

Tell Sue not to waste her time looking for a Louis bag in Mexico. We just came back from Cancun and the prices are not good even after much negotiating and haggling on our part. I always buy high end bags for the wife in London. Prices are better there especially since Brexit.

Nothing says you've arrived in Mexico more than your first Hooters sighting...

b1a7feb4ba5d03bf4d208e2e70574d16.jpg

Oh good, the first gift shop in port and we must enter.

f151ef28e0013fcf767b3d1c0eaf4886.jpg

Me, stationary, in front of gift shop fan.

332ce887feee293a8fc78bf4c888a42e.jpg

Impressive fan electrical engineering at my feet...

0c14325a9e4e65989132ab100ee43317.jpg

Cam shopping for a new skittles-measurer to take back to school...

e9e2d0600e632ae9ba99f266a225b6dd.jpg

First purchase of the day... apparently the ducks need a leader...

f7704db90051fad5bdceb25f18f69aae.jpg

If you get the chance check out the Mega grocery store within walking distance of the port. We bought cheap Mexican coffee and other souvenirs. http://cozumelmexico.net/Mega_supermarket/

WE LOVE MEGA !!! The first time we went, we found various flavors of ice cream (with candy bars and other US products in them) that we don't have here, so the second time -- I carried plastic spoons and we had ice cream in their dining area. They also had an interesting flavor selection of Doritos and Ruffles... and Oreos. Soda usually has cane sugar, instead of HFCS.

Is it sad that we're really looking forward to seeing what Mega has when we get there in 2 weeks ??!?!

Sandy

Got off the ship. Bought carp. Fed baby carp. Bought Starbucks. Head back toward ship.

Living like a local.

:') I read this as the "purposefully edited" version of carp and thought "they have a baby???"

Lisa N.

WE LOVE MEGA !!! The first time we went, we found various flavors of ice cream (with candy bars and other US products in them) that we don't have here, so the second time -- I carried plastic spoons and we had ice cream in their dining area. They also had an interesting flavor selection of Doritos and Ruffles... and Oreos. Soda usually has cane sugar, instead of HFCS.

Is it sad that we're really looking forward to seeing what Mega has when we get there in 2 weeks ??!?!

Sandy

HA! I am glad my husband and I aren't the only ones who liked MEGA.