Curling Irons

gazingm42

We just cruised COSTA (Carnival related) and curling irons & flat irons were not allowed. They did not confiscate them, but the daily news stated they were not permitted to be used in the cabins (along with power strips). :eek:

Along with the items noted in my signature - Carnival needs to take a step back and reevaluate!

CCL: When you realize you are wrong, MAN UP and make it right (and if you have not yet come to that realization.. WAKE UP)!! ;)

Tom

We just cruised COSTA (Carnival related) and curling irons & flat irons were not allowed. They did not confiscate them, but the daily news stated they were not permitted to be used in the cabins (along with power strips). :eek:

Hmm interesting, probably wont' be long until Carnival assumes the same rule then. For now it's not stated as being banned like fans so I will take my curling iron on. I can make due without it but the pics won't be as pretty LOL

If Carnival decides to start enforcing no curling irons/flat irons, the backlash would be overwhelming. Could you imagine the angry women storming guest relations after their curling iron was confiscated??

I agree that this is a stupid thing, I have a short bedhead type do so I am not affected but my daughter would have a melt down if this happens. The bigger question is WHY all of a sudden all of these "no longer allowed" items. Was there an issue that these were being left on, is there a huge draw on power around the supper hour when these are probably used the most, are they getting in the way of staff cleaning rooms. I think we should demand an explanation as to the reasoning for this not just a flat out ban.

Hmm interesting, probably wont' be long until Carnival assumes the same rule then. For now it's not stated as being banned like fans so I will take my curling iron on. I can make due without it but the pics won't be as pretty LOL

Yeah, and they will sell less pics, hence less revenue. I wear a pony tail darn near every day at home. No way I am going to do that on the ship too; I like dressing for dinner. I have a a semi-fro, so I either need to straighten or curl that stuff to look decent without my ponytail LOL

Just back from the Dream and mine was confiscated! :eek: Luckily I only use it on the ends of my hair - I use velcro rollers on the top area for some bounce - very glad I had those! They also found one bottle of wine - but they missed my vodka, lol! :D I'd also planned to take a small fan (for sleeping) but took it out cause I needed more space for clothes - they probably woulda took that too!

Just back from the Dream and mine was confiscated! :eek: Luckily I only use it on the ends of my hair - I use velcro rollers on the top area for some bounce - very glad I had those! They also found one bottle of wine - but they missed my vodka, lol! :D I'd also planned to take a small fan (for sleeping) but took it out cause I needed more space for clothes - they probably woulda took that too!

They took your curling iron, was it in your checked luggage? Dang it's gonna be rough without my curling iron. I do have hot rollers but they take up a lot more room and my hair is long so it's hard to roll. Grrrrr

Looks like this is the year for updo's :)

They took your curling iron, was it in your checked luggage? Dang it's gonna be rough without my curling iron. I do have hot rollers but they take up a lot more room and my hair is long so it's hard to roll. Grrrrr

Looks like this is the year for updo's :)

It was in my checked bags - I wondered if it would've gotten through in my carry-on. :rolleyes: On elegant night I called guest services and asked if I could go to the salon and use one of theirs since mine was confiscated - but no, of course not, lol! :D

I won't smuggle anything else but I have to have my flatiron.Growing out my hair and it is not pretty without it.

Two words -- Japanese Straightening.

The only time I need to take the iron to mine is when I sleep on it wet.

I won't smuggle anything else but I have to have my flatiron.Growing out my hair and it is not pretty without it.

LOL, I know - told my husband I'd rather they took the vodka and left the curling iron - but he didnt agree. :rolleyes:

Just back from the Dream and mine was confiscated! ...

That's wrong, wrong, wrong. They are going to lose guests over this BS stuff (BS= "Basically Stupid") ;)

... On elegant night I called guest services and asked if I could go to the salon and use one of theirs since mine was confiscated - but no, of course not, lol! :D

Perhaps their goal is to increase utilization of their salon services! ;)

Tom

I swear, if I could find a mini that worked, I'd stuff it in an orifice to get it on board. I have a set of these Caruso steam rollers. They don't take up much room, but I only bring about 12 of the extra large ones. I have long hair, so I don't need those tiny ones. They work really well and hold a curl great, but doing curls with a flat iron looks so much better and they last a good couple of days.

They are probably banning them so that women will get their hair done at the salon and Carnival can make $$$. Well Carnival, you take my flat iron, i will just wear my frizzy hair in a ponytail. I will not pay your salon!!! :)

This is getting ridiculous:eek: No way I need a curling iron, but I agree with Tom....TELL US THE REASONS FOR BANNING ALL THESE THINGS, CARNIVAL:mad: If there had been fires and such, I can see the logic, but I'm sure we would have heard about it here if there had been incidents.

I love cruising, but if I start feeling like the cruiseline is running my life, I will choose another vacation:rolleyes:

This is getting ridiculous:eek: No way I need a curling iron, but I agree with Tom....TELL US THE REASONS FOR BANNING ALL THESE THINGS, CARNIVAL:mad: If there had been fires and such, I can see the logic, but I'm sure we would have heard about it here if there had been incidents.

I love cruising, but if I start feeling like the cruiseline is running my life, I will choose another vacation:rolleyes:

Just stick a note on it -- it's Medically Necessary to keep you sane. ;)

Did they give it back when the cruise was over?

They brought it back on Friday around 8pm - of course too late to use it for dinner (8:15 seating...) but didn't bring the wine - had to ask the steward about it, showed him the letter. It was in our room when we returned.

When I called (to ask about the salon) they said this had been on their website for at least a yr :eek: and that they were just now starting to get really strict about things that can overheat and cause damage. What really irks me is that mine had the auto shut-off - and I always unplug it when I'm done. I'm just glad I'm not that dependent on it - otherwise I would've been really mad!

Archived