Homewood Suites on Blue Lagoon

Soccermomof3

I have been trying to find info on what is around this hotel in the way of buying drinks and toiletries before a cruise. Also how is the cab fare from this hotel over to the beaches. TIA for any info.

There is a Publix supermarket that you can walk to as well as a CVS in the area.

Cab fare from this hotel to the beach will probably run you around $45 or so. I'm sure others who have done this can give you a more accurate price.

another option is is very popular in Miami is Uber. We use it all the time and are always happy. They are very big in the downtown/brickell area, not quite sure how many of them hang around the blue lagoon area.

We stayed here in December. The 2 bedroom/2 bath room was perfect for our family. My husband had the hotel van take him to the Publix but then walked back when he realized how close it was. There was also a Subway where he picked up sandwiches for lunch.

You will definitely want to check out the 2bdrm suite. One room had a king and the other 2 doubles and there was a pull out sofa in the living room. It also had a full size refrigerator, small dishwasher and a 2 burner stove. There were also 3 TV's. Most importantly...2 full bathrooms!

If you're not familiar with the Hilton MVP rates google and get the discount codes. It made this room extremely affordable!

That is exactly the type of room I booked. We got it throught Hotels.com for a decent rate that I was fine with. Thanks so much for letting me know its a good size room. I was definitely wanting some privacy from the girls getting ready. How close to the airport is it? I am trying to figure out the transportation for getting around to the beach and bayside market area for dinner when we are there.

I stayed in a 1 BR suite and it was like having an apartment....2 full beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. There was a good food selection at breakfast, and I ate on the little patio overlooking the lagoon...I could see turtles swimming there. I ate at the Cuban and Chinese restaurants next to Publix.

I have been trying to find info on what is around this hotel in the way of buying drinks and toiletries before a cruise. Also how is the cab fare from this hotel over to the beaches. TIA for any info.

You could shuttle back to MIA and from there catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for $2.65 each way. http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/bus-airport-flyer.asp

Good luck! :)

• 2 months later...
We are staying here in November before cruising on Breeze.

Cab fare to POM? $25-30 on the meter

How is the restaurant on site? I do not recall an on site restaurant - there is a manager's reception with snacks and drinks M-T; the local strip mall with dining options was about a 5 minute walk or 94th Aero is close enough to walk

Anything else of note would be appreciated.

Small pool area is nice and well maintained. Strip mall also includes a drug store, grocery (Publix with a decent wine selection), fast food options and a liquor store. :D

You could shuttle back to MIA and from there catch the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for $2.65 each way. http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/bus-airport-flyer.asp

Good luck! :)

This is what I would do with teenagers along. :) It's a great way to save money, the schedule is pretty frequent and you can spend a fun time in the south beach area that I know the kids will appreciate. All you need to do is get to the airport with the free hotel shuttle. Take the bus into Miami Beach and you are good to go. There were always people waiting for the bus, many with their suitcases when we were there for 5 days. It's a great service.

You can get off at Lincoln Rd. and enjoy the pedestrian mall atmosphere or I'd go down to the 9th and Washington stop and walk two blocks to Ocean Drive. (beach area) Just print out the route from the link John added.

Edited by eandj

I actually found a mini van for rental that is less than $100 for the day. Trying to decide which area of the beach will be better to visit is where I am at now. I am also trying to decide where the better shopping area is at there.