HELP! Borghese Gallery - Need Tickets - Am I too late?

mickeysgal

Does the Borghese Gallery allow you to walk up and buy tickets on the spot? I didn't reserve in advance. We are leaving tomorrow and yes, I forgot to reserve them. Website looks sold out, but can I walk up or go through another supplier? Ugh...I KNEW something was going to fall through the cracks...

I suppose there's a slight possibility that someone who reserved tickets wouldn't show up to use them. But I certainly wouldn't count on it. If it is really a major focus, is there another time you could do it and switch something else around?

If not, then you could try showing up at the last minute and enquiring. It will only waste a short amount of time if you do not get in (assuming you are not coming there from a great distance away...)

Perhaps the moon and stars were aligned just right for us, but a few years ago we just walked in without tickets and were accommodated. I would suggest your best bet at this point would be to give it a try.

Good luck! Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

The problem with that is that the Borghese is quite a ways away from most other things you might want to see. I don't know how much time you have in Rome, but if it's just a port day, I don't think I'd take the time to get out there on the off chance I might get in, especially given how busy it appears to be on that day.

Unless we did something wrong, it was at least a 10-15 minute walk through the park from the metro station to the entrance and back again. Of course it was pouring the day we were there so my memory might be cloudy.

An alternative might be the Capitoline Museum, right at the Forum, in the center of things and no lines that I've ever seen to get in. Just happens to be my favorite museum in the world, but no pressure😃 It focuses on antiquities vs. the baroque-era Bernini statuary and has some stunning exhibits.

Edited by CathyCruises