Breeze Port Change Starting in June

tammi0916

We did a tour in Ocho with Courtney Taylor Tours. It was ok and since we had never been to Jamaica we enjoyed it but not really impressed with that area. We went to Blue Hole which was fun but basically like a more local, smaller version of Dunns River. If you are into the food, we did stop at Scotchies which had some good food. I had seen it recommended on other posts so wanted it included in the tour.

Taylor will customize a tour to your wishes if that's something you are looking for.

too many ships in port... wish they would have changed us to Montego Bay... never been there:rolleyes:

Not too many ships in port. For my cruise in 10 days, we are the only cruise ship in Jamaica - I believe it is an issue between Carnival and Royal Caribbean since Royal basically owns the port jointly with Jamaica.

(I wish I saw this thread before I started a different one 2 minutes ago)

Edited by cdamion

Anybody ever find out the reason for the Breeze abandoning Falmouth for what looks like the rest of this year?? Just curious. I'm on the June 14 sailing now rerouted to Montego Bay. I would have preferred Ocho Rios. For my crew, a whole lot more to do around Ocho Rios. Anyone have any good suggestions to do around Montego Bay with 5 kids (ages 10-16)?? Staying on board is our current option.

I am now very confused.....I am booked on 4/3/16 breeze , just spoke to online cruise agent ,who called carnival and she said " your cruise is NOT changing port , still Falmouth, the cruise after You(4/9/2016) is changed" Is 4/3/16 the only one NOT changing???

Many are changing. it could be related to the contract that Carnival has with Royal to use the port since it is owned by Royal. Then i read the post from someone previously that says theres was changed then changed back:eek:

Kinda makes you think... better not book my tours yet...:D

Also, did not get my email... my pvp might have but has not informed me yet....

My friends on the same cruise who booked without a pvp got an email...

Can you remove your pvp from your booking? Thinking of doing this as she has not really been on the ball about informing me of certain things...

Edited by cruzn buckeye

Anybody ever find out the reason for the Breeze abandoning Falmouth for what looks like the rest of this year?? Just curious. I'm on the June 14 sailing now rerouted to Montego Bay. I would have preferred Ocho Rios. For my crew, a whole lot more to do around Ocho Rios. Anyone have any good suggestions to do around Montego Bay with 5 kids (ages 10-16)?? Staying on board is our current option.

Well... About the best I've come up with is the AI at Sunset. There are a few places selling the day passes and one includes transportation from the ship. Rates range from about $60-75 for adults and about $40 for kids up to 12.

We are in a similar situation with 4 kids in our group. I don't know, something about the transportation challenges I've read a lot about doesn't seem like best way to spend a day in port :(. I can't find a lot of info about the hop on/off bus, but not sure that's the best route anyway. On my own is one thing, just not 100% with kids in tow. Not concerned about safety, thinking more about it being a little overwhelming and not a lot of "fun".

OP I am so sorry. We will NEVER go back to Ocho Rios again. We got off the Valor and decided to walk down to the TaJ Mahal? shopping center. The people were so rude. There were 4 adults and one 11 year old. They were so pushy and kept wanting to shove stuff in your hands. We found this port worse then Nassau and I thought Nassau was pretty darn bad.

I'm on the Breeze on August 9th and we got changed to Montego Bay along with the 5/31, 6/14, 8/23, 9/06, 11/01, 11/15, and 4/17 sailings. I also got the letter this morning.

4/17/2016? That's the one we just booked. I would love to have Montego Bay!