Is this enough time

jcool

Do I have enough time to do anything? I am going to be their from 7A.M to 3P.M. I would like to go to the beach.

sure, why not... not sure what port you are at for these times, but get to the beach by 8:30am and stay until 12:30 or 1pm, depending on how long it takes to get back to the ship

I need to be on board by 3P.M. or the will leave without me.

so you need to be back at the ship by 2:30. With a standard port docking, you should be able to get off by 7:30. This will give you easily 6+ hours. Enough time to get fried by the sun :)

One thing about Cozumel, and I only know this because we will be there in Oct and I have done some researching, is that some excursions that show up under this location on the Carnival site are not located on the actual island of Cozumel itself, but on mainland Mexico. Which means that there is a ferry ride required to and from which will eat up some of your time. I have heard that the ferry is 45 minutes each way, but can't attest to the accuracy of that statement. Anyway, I think some people who book excursions to Xcaret or the Mayan Ruins of Tulum end up being disappointed about how little time they get to spend there because on top of the ferry ride, there is also a bus ride to those locations once they reach the mainland.

Anyway, good luck, and enjoy your trip!

Edited by bakersdozen12

One thing about Cozumel, and I only know this because we will be there in Oct and I have done some researching, is that some excursions that show up under this location on the Carnival site are not located on the actual island of Cozumel itself, but on mainland Mexico. Which means that there is a ferry ride required to and from which will eat up some of your time. I have heard that the ferry is 45 minutes each way, but can't attest to the accuracy of that statement. Anyway, I think some people who book excursions to Xcaret or the Mayan Ruins of Tulum end up being disappointed about how little time they get to spend there because on top of the ferry ride, there is also a bus ride to those locations once they reach the mainland.

Anyway, good luck, and enjoy your trip!

Its at least 45 minutes from Coz to PdC. Then its 62 km from the ferry Terminal to the ruins at Tulum. My last western cruise, there were a few people that did that but they had about 2 hours on the site.

To the original poster, go to Mr Santos. Its a 10 min cab ride from the terminal. Great beach. And chances are a ton of other people from the ship will be there.

Thats plenty of time, which the exception that is noted in the post above. You can hit the beach, and do a tour, shopping, etc., in that amount of time. We usually chose cruises with at least one beach day (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, etc.), so we don't have to chose between going to the beach, and other activities at a particular port of call, unless the island itself is know for several beach destinations (Aruba, St. Thomas, Cozumel, etc.).

Its at least 45 minutes from Coz to PdC. Then its 62 km from the ferry Terminal to the ruins at Tulum. My last western cruise, there were a few people that did that but they had about 2 hours on the site.

To the original poster, go to Mr Santos. Its a 10 min cab ride from the terminal. Great beach. And chances are a ton of other people from the ship will be there.

SANCHOS. Mr Sanchos. Not Santos. No idea how I managed to type that wrong.

Thanks everyone for your help. I am thinking about going to Mr. Sanchos. Is their a enter fee at Mr.Sanchos?

No entry fee if you choose the pay-as-you-go side; they also offer an all-inclusive (food/drinks) side with a better pool (and maybe the addition of a second pool for AI only?) for about $50 each.

Either side can use the water toys, etc. for additional fees.

• 2 weeks later...

If you book a beach excursion with your cruise line, then they wont leave you behind. I also recommend El Cid, 5 minute walk to the left of the Carnval pier, but dont know what ship you are cruising on, 25 bucks, gets you beach, pool, hot tub, and 10 of that goes to food. Not much of a beach, but great snorkeling.