Victory drydock

gradmabee

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't believe that is still accurate. [emoji20]

Heald stated on his fb page about a month ago that the Victory was NOT getting the full 2.0 upgrades. Definitely no Guys, Blue Iguana or Red Frog. I think he said it was getting the Alchemy Bar.

Disappointing - because one if the reasons we booked the Victory was the schedule to receive the 2.0 upgrades. [emoji35]

Don't believe that is still accurate. [emoji20]

Heald stated on his fb page about a month ago that the Victory was NOT getting the full 2.0 upgrades. Definitely no Guys, Blue Iguana or Red Frog. I think he said it was getting the Alchemy Bar.

Disappointing - because one if the reasons we booked the Victory was the schedule to receive the 2.0 upgrades. [emoji35]

They will still have burgers made from chop meat, bars that serve drinks, and if you're lucky, production entertainment instead of playbill.

They will still have burgers made from chop meat, bars that serve drinks, and if you're lucky, production entertainment instead of playbill.

True - we will have a GREAT time - and I never said we had an issue. It's just disappointing that the have pulled way back the upgrades they published. That's all.

Does anyone know if the ship is sitting at POM for upgrades? We sail first after drydock and I am curious if she is there getting the work as we speak or if they sailed her somewhere which may affect boarding time. We have FTTF and our cruise details are still showing arrival for us 11am to 12 noon on sail date April 4. They did flip flop stops so Grand Cayman is now Monday and Jamaica is Tuesday and our excursions show two excursions for same day which is impossible..since they are for different islands. I emailed the excursion desk yesterday for some help with this...getting excited and bags are starting to be packed already :)

Does anyone know if the ship is sitting at POM for upgrades? We sail first after drydock and I am curious if she is there getting the work as we speak or if they sailed her somewhere which may affect boarding time. We have FTTF and our cruise details are still showing arrival for us 11am to 12 noon on sail date April 4. They did flip flop stops so Grand Cayman is now Monday and Jamaica is Tuesday and our excursions show two excursions for same day which is impossible..since they are for different islands. I emailed the excursion desk yesterday for some help with this...getting excited and bags are starting to be packed already :)

Pretty sure I heard Freeport was the location for the dry-dock work. Probably headed there yesterday??

And I bet the work started while the shipped sailed to Freeport yesterday! We are cruising on the Victory at the end June and are happy that the ship is in dry dock. Especially from what we are reading in the reviews about the ship looking worn.

Unfortuatnely, we are disappointed that the ship is only getting a couple of the 2.0 upgrades. :-(

She has arrived in Freeport.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/details/ships/shipid:416347/mmsi:355263000/imo:9172648/vessel:CARNIVAL_VICTORY

Nothing very official has been put out so maybe there is some uncertainty over what they can do this time. I secretly hope that she will be given some 'surprise' upgrades on top of what has been published.

Nothing very official has been put out so maybe there is some uncertainty over what they can do this time. I secretly hope that she will be given some 'surprise' upgrades on top of what has been published.

This is exactly what I am hoping too! Shall we keep our fingers crossed? ;-)

I will keep checking back on this thread, so thanks for posting. I have to decide by tonight between this ship, the splendor (which will also be in driving distance) or the fantasy (also in driving distance) I know fantasy is old and no upgrades...what about this ship compared to splendor?! Thanks all!