Captain club status

tercar

Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to whether my grandaughter who has just turned 18 and been on several celebrity cruise will be entitled to any status for her past cruises? Thanks in advance. Carol

Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to whether my grandaughter who has just turned 18 and been on several celebrity cruise will be entitled to any status for her past cruises? Thanks in advance. Carol

I've had experience with this and cruisesticth is absolutely correct as usual. You may or may not have to provide proof of her cruises depending on how far back her cruises were since computer systems have changed over the years. They will honor requests as long as you can prove them and in many cases they will already have the cruises listed. First, get a Captains Club number assigned for your granddaughter and then work from there. Try and deal if you can with the same person at the Captains Club so you don't have to be explaining the story over and over again. Good luck. Having your booking number will help because it will usually have everyone on it.

Just make sure she gets credit for all of her cruises. I recently checked for my now mid-twenties daughters. Both of them were missing three of their childhood cruises. Fortunately, I'm a hoarder and was able to produce their cruise cards for all of the missing ones. I called Captain's Club and spoke with a gentleman who asked me to send the verification then called back to confirm their updated status. They'd each been shorted 90 points so it was worth the bother.

Edited by 2theship

Just make sure she gets credit for all of her cruises. I recently checked for my now mid-twenties daughters. Both of them were missing three of their childhood cruises. Fortunately, I'm a hoarder and was able to produce their cruise cards for all of the missing ones. I called Captain's Club and spoke with a gentleman who asked me to send the verification then called back to confirm their updated status. They'd each been shorted 90 points so it was worth the bother.

Don't feel bad mine went back to early 90s when kids could join CC, their cards had five digits, that was a project since we had a major move.

Cruises under the old system are credited under that system and then converted to the new system. The conversion is sort of 1 week of cruising on old system equal to 30 points today with bonus points for higher categories.

Cruises under the old system are credited under that system and then converted to the new system. The conversion is sort of 1 week of cruising on old system equal to 30 points today with bonus points for higher categories.

Thank you very much x

I found 12 year old cruise pics of my wife, scanned and sent them in, and wife got credit for a cruise

Its funny, I sent them a picture of my wife and son with an employee who was the head housekeeper named Peter at the time in front of a life preserver naming the Horizon and obviously Hamilton Bermuda in the background. Also, with that package was my son's Captains club card with five digits and they refused to accept it. Their reason was absurd telling me children were never, ever members of the Captains club, obviously someone who was new and didn't know what happened in the 90s.

Edited by dkjretired

• 2 months later...

Captain's Club does not have a Children's program, however, we do keep the sailing history for all children (17 and under) who sail with us. When they turn 18, they are eligible to enroll, and receive Club Points for all of their Celebrity sailings.

We also paid but we got it back as OBC on one of our sailings when they stopped charging.

We never got it back in any form and we also haven't sailed much with Celebrity. I'm booked for the Millennium to Asia next year but it's too late now to ask for that credit from 20 years ago! I always felt a bit hostile toward celebrity because of this.