Millennium Post-Drydock...Loving It

jaspersmommy

We are currently on Millie on an Alaska Northbound, with the ship just having gotten out of dry dock. Before we left I saw lots of posts from people with upcoming cruises who were anxious to see how the ship looked. I'm very happy to say she looks great. It was six years since we'd been on her, and I think she looks even better now than she did then. There is nothing I'm aware of that was closed or not completed during the dry dock. Carpeting in many public areas are new, lots of fresh paint, etc.

We've dined in Tuscan Grille twice and it's been outstanding... what a pleasant surprise. Luminae has been mostly good (although we had to send a really tough steak back). Blu has been great too. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Those of you booked for upcoming Millie sailings can rest assured you'll be happy with the condition of the ship. I'll do a detailed review when we get home, but just wanted to let folks know they can rest easy... all is well. I'll hate for this cruise to end! :)

Thanks for the reassurance. Looking forward to your review and, if possible, pics? :-) We will be northbound on Millennium on 6/10. Did Tuscan Grille have any menu items that are throwbacks to the old specialty restaurants?

Great to hear about Millie. Please do let us know about the dining decks in the MDR :). Continue having a wonderful cruise :).

My wife and daughter are onboard currently.

They switched the decks for dining in the MDR after the dry dock.

Assigned dining is now upstairs (Deck 5) and Select is now downstairs (Deck 4).

We'll be on her in 10 days and can't wait to see all the upgrades!

A couple of questions; have you been up to the new Rooftop Terrace where they show moves? Have you heard of anyone complaining of the noise from the movies? Have you been to BO5 now that it is sushi?

Enjoy your cruise - we'll be watching for your review!

Thank you :). Bet you wish you were on there with them :D? Hope they have a wonderful time.

Well, that's somewhat disappointing. :(

Thanks for the confirmation. I was hoping someone would ask/answer this question. I'll be with a group of 19 on the June 3 southbound cruise and there has been some concern for the tight seating arrangements for the any-time dining on the balcony level. Here's hoping we'll have more space for sitting together on Deck 4. Thanks!

:D

We are currently on Millie on an Alaska Northbound, with the ship just having gotten out of dry dock. Before we left I saw lots of posts from people with upcoming cruises who were anxious to see how the ship looked. I'm very happy to say she looks great. It was six years since we'd been on her, and I think she looks even better now than she did then. There is nothing I'm aware of that was closed or not completed during the dry dock. Carpeting in many public areas are new, lots of fresh paint, etc.

We've dined in Tuscan Grille twice and it's been outstanding... what a pleasant surprise. Luminae has been mostly good (although we had to send a really tough steak back). Blu has been great too. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. Those of you booked for upcoming Millie sailings can rest assured you'll be happy with the condition of the ship. I'll do a detailed review when we get home, but just wanted to let folks know they can rest easy... all is well. I'll hate for this cruise to end! :)

Thanks for taking the time to post. We were on Millennium in January in a CS. This was our first Celebrity experience and we loved it. The ship obviously wasn't the newest in the fleet but we had a great time - the only thing we would change would be the bathroom in our CS suite. It was badly in need of upgrading / ripping out and starting again :D. Do you know if the CS bathrooms have been upgraded? Thanks for any info.

I've never been on the Millennium... what is the difference? Does one have better views or something?

Probably better views on the lower deck but the change was made because Select is now more popular than traditional. Supply and Demand

Thanks for the reassurance. Looking forward to your review and, if possible, pics? :-) We will be northbound on Millennium on 6/10. Did Tuscan Grille have any menu items that are throwbacks to the old specialty restaurants?

It's been a while since I'd eaten in the Olympic, so don't really recall the menu. However, I think it's safe to say the menu is all normal Tuscan Grille items. I couldn't have been happier with the food and service. Unfortunately, it's been two-thirds empty each time we ate there.

Interestingly, all suite guests were given a free dinner in a specialty restaurant on this sailing.

We need pictures!!!! :D

I'll be on board her in 10 days!!

I forgot to mention in my original post... the new Xcelerate internet is absolutely horrible on this cruise. It's down more than it's up and horribly slow most of the time it is working. Posting pics may be impossible while we're onboard. Sorry. Will post some when the cruise is over.

We'll be on her in 10 days and can't wait to see all the upgrades!

A couple of questions; have you been up to the new Rooftop Terrace where they show moves? Have you heard of anyone complaining of the noise from the movies? Have you been to BO5 now that it is sushi?

Enjoy your cruise - we'll be watching for your review!

The rooftop terrace is beautiful! It's quite lovely up there. I haven't spoken to anyone directly inderneath. When we were up there it wasn't very loud, so hard to believe it would be bothersome to any.