Millennium Post-Drydock...Loving It

jaspersmommy

I just confirmed in MDR that select dining is now on 4 and assigned is now on 5. Sorry to those of you who are disappointed.

The outside of the ship looks great with all new paint.

I will post photos of the rooftop terrace as soon as we get good weather. It's nasty today in Juneau, so I'm not going up there.:eek:

Any other questions, let me know and I'll try to get answers.

Probably better views on the lower deck but the change was made because Select is now more popular than traditional. Supply and Demand

Definitely better. IMO, when you're on the upper level you feel "enclosed", it doesn't feel as open.

Thank you for posting about Millie's refurb/refresh.

Was hoping they were not changing Bistro on 5 to Sushi on 5 as they did on Reflection in Feb. We ate lunch at "The Porch" on Reflection. Does not seem that there are other "Specialty dining" lunch venues except for Sushi.

Becky

Thanks for this thread! Question for you on the Internet... bummer to hear it is so crappy... are you getting any kind of decent cell service while in port? I only need to moderately keep tabs on some emails so may avoid an internet package if the service isn't all that great. We are sailing on the 6/3 southbound cruise. Can't wait!

Here is Sushi on 5...

Hi,

Thank you SO much for posting. I know keeping us all updated is the last thing you should be doing....especially with crappy internet!

My mom and I will be sailing with Millie on 5/27. She was very excited about Bistro on Five, since they have savory crepes, so it's a little disappointing to see that they have changed it. I even called Celebrity today to confirm that Bistro is still there and they said it was. Frustrating that they don't even know what is on their own ships! :mad::mad::mad:

For my peace of mind, can you please confirm that there are no savory crepes on the menu? I know that this is small potatoes in comparison to everything the ship and itinerary has to offer, but we've had a really difficult year, and this was a small victory for us. It lifted her spirit. :)

Thanks in advance and please enjoy your trip!

Deanna :)

lisabucsfan1, I was curious about this, too, so I went on the AT&T website and looked at coverage maps for each of the ports (looks pretty good, actually). You might want to go on your carrier's website and take a look.

I was also told by the AT&T rep that you are not on the cruiseline's network until you are 10 nautical miles from shore, so if you're still getting a signal from land as you're pulling out or coming in, you could use it then as well.

Not sure about the inside passage... spotty coverage there so I don't think I'd take the chance with turning my phone on there even though it's less than 10 NM most of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

lisabucsfan1, I was curious about this, too, so I went on the AT&T website and looked at coverage maps for each of the ports (looks pretty good, actually). You might want to go on your carrier's website and take a look.

I was also told by the AT&T rep that you are not on the cruiseline's network until you are 10 nautical miles from shore, so if you're still getting a signal from land as you're pulling out or coming in, you could use it then as well.

Not sure about the inside passage... spotty coverage there so I don't think I'd take the chance with turning my phone on there even though it's less than 10 NM most of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

thanks! :)

Hi,

For my peace of mind, can you please confirm that there are no savory crepes on the menu? I know that this is small potatoes in comparison to everything the ship and itinerary has to offer, but we've had a really difficult year, and this was a small victory for us. It lifted her spirit. :)

Sorry to disappoint you but Bistro has been changed to a sushi restaurant in the refit.

See post #38 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2355133

is the Tuscan Grille an added price? What exactly is the rooftop terrace {restaurant. bar?}

Also, Does anyone use the solarium pool on Alaska cruises? is it heated?

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you SO much for posting. I know keeping us all updated is the last thing you should be doing....especially with crappy internet!

My mom and I will be sailing with Millie on 5/27. She was very excited about Bistro on Five, since they have savory crepes, so it's a little disappointing to see that they have changed it. I even called Celebrity today to confirm that Bistro is still there and they said it was. Frustrating that they don't even know what is on their own ships! :mad::mad::mad:

Sorry, it's Sushi on 5 now. Crepes appear to be gone.

Others have reported that the windows in Tuscan Grille are covered by wood blinds that can't be opened. Your photo showed some light through the windows. Did they leave them open with just a curtain or shade?

I didn't notice wood blinds in Tuscan. We've had a window table a couple of times and had a lovely view through uncovered windows.

is the Tuscan Grille an added price? What exactly is the rooftop terrace {restaurant. bar?}

Also, Does anyone use the solarium pool on Alaska cruises? is it heated?

Thanks

Tuscan Grille is $45 p.p. extra. Ask the Maître d' and you can often get two-for-ones.

The roof terrace is some cabanas and sofas on the top deck aft, with a big screen tv.

The indoor pool is heated.

While I Am vegan, it is nice to see that there are two (2) items available and I wonder if they will make an assortment of vegetable rolls?

If they will, maybe I will visit at least twice on my sailing.... looks good overall, thank you for sharing the menu!

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Do you see any disadvantages to the change upper level seating in the MDR for fixed dining? We have a large group of 7 and assumed we would be on the lower level but now with the recent changes, I'm second guessing our decision for Fixed over Select.

Do you see any disadvantages to the change upper level seating in the MDR for fixed dining? We have a large group of 7 and assumed we would be on the lower level but now with the recent changes, I'm second guessing our decision for Fixed over Select.

I am wondering the concern about Deck 5 for the fixed dining. It seems like most of the tables will be by the windows since the middle of the room is open to below. Maybe I am just not remembering the M class dining room well enough to understand the concern.

Thanks!

Do they still have the sushi in the Ocean View buffet? DH loves sushi but I don't eat it and there is nothing appealing on the menu to pay extra $ for. Thanks, Shirley

There's been no sushi in the Ocean View for the entire cruise. I haven't gotten around to eating at Sushi on 5, but those I've spoken to that did eat there said it was very good. It's been nearly empty every time I've gone by.

We were in AQ on deck 11 on the Infinity in April after they re-fit the deck 12 lounge area and the new movie area was very nice and we heard no noise from folks/ movement up there. Don't worry!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I cannot imagine paying these prices for sushi on a cruise ship. Not sure what Celebrity is thinking. I know Bo5 was not very crowded on our previous cruises, but I think this will be a turn for the worse. They would have been better off making this a higher price single charge restaurant....that would at least sit better with me on a cruise. I could be wrong...maybe people will want to pay these prices. But, most people who are on a Celebrity cruise will likely have access to quality sushi restaurants where they live...I rather spend the money there. Just my 2 cents.