2017 Summit to Bermuda?

ACoupleAtSea

Best Bermuda cruise time, no kids or hurricanes.

Got the Mother's Day Premium Drink Package for $70 for both!

I think I saw one teen on our cruise, that's heaven to us. Perfect weather all week from Cape Liberty to Bermuda and back!

26904979563_e849b30b13_b.jpg

27063981046_34dea57ac2_b.jpg

26983129662_370da4e76e_b.jpg

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

How far in advance did you book?

Day one minute one.

Got Aqua 1 Cabin 1140, Deck 11 Stern. View from our cabin, see the ship's flag pole.

27014180401_f8c0c2117f_b.jpg

26473891724_1a628acc47_b.jpg

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

IMHO, the first 3 weeks of June are a great time to cruise to Bermuda.

The kids here in the NY/NJ/Metro area are still in school for another week and the prices are just a bit lower. That 1st cruise out, right after the school year ends, the prices sometimes jump by hundreds per person.

We have sailed twice to Bermuda at this time of the year and barely saw any children/teens on these cruises.

The only drawback for me personally, the water temps are still a bit chilly, but the weather was always beautiful.

For all my cruises I booked about 6-7 months out and always got the cabins we want, but we book higher end suites, so that may be why they are still available. Perks change every few months, so there is no way to tell what will and won't be offered.

This year we are going in August due to family who work in schools joining us, so I'll be able to compare the different times of the year.

Really, when you think about it....anytime is a great time to cruise!

Awesome Info. Thank you

Agree also about the first couple of weeks of June and also would add the last week in May.

I would definitely not do it the first week or two of May because the weather can still be very cool in Jersey and the water can be cold in Bermuda.

Summer has lots of kids. Also, if there is a cruise to Bermuda which overlaps labor Day that can be a good cruise. Not sure of if they are doing it next year, depends on how the calendar falls.

Edited by dkjretired

There are 3 extended cruises next year -- 9 day Americas Cup, 10 day New England and 9 day New England and Bermuda. Just bear that in mind when booking as it may draw the surrounding 7 day cruises' price up.

August is a beast in Bermuda. I've done it but prefer not to unless it's my only option. I agree that the beginning of June is optimal.

Quick question, where was your muster station?

That lounge with live music at night on Deck 5 think. Cabin 1140 is in the center on the ship, but counts as being on the right. I have never been on the right side of the Summit/Infinity/Horizon, this was a shock.

They will yell at you if you go to the wrong side of the lounge, force of habit for me (Aqua 1).

CaptDave

A word of warning about muster: get there about 30-45 mins. early if you want to sit down. We stood through the whole thing and it was miserable. I have never seen so many people unsafely packed in for what was supposed to be a safety drill. Couldn't see anything going on as the only way I could stand without touching other people was to face the windows, away from the crew that was demonstrating. How safe is that for newbies? They really need to do something to improve this!!

OP - IMO, do late May. We went May 15th and had excellent weather except for one day in Bermuda where it rained all day long. The water was warm enough to swim in and it was gorgeous the other day and so-so on the last day. For those weather reasons, I'd wait 2 weeks.

We also booked very early with the 123Go Promo. My advice - wait until there's a good promo out that you like if you aren't particular about cabin location.

The suite sale is still on, and yes, there is a sailing to Bermuda, September 3, Labor Day weekend. It is the last sailing before the ship sails to New England I believe. I just recently booked a Sky suite for what I consider a good price. It comes with premium drink package, tips paid, unlimited internet and $300 to spend. Plus, suites mean their private restaurant for dinner. My TA said that September can be iffy hurricane season, but I turn 70 on the 7th so this is where I want to be. You can book it now and have time to change your mind.

Labor Day means kids back to school in this area so relax and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone offer insight as to when the best time to book this cruise would be. In terms of the lowest price and best perks? Thanks.

We book at least 8 months in advance, I am very picky about my cabin location. Then I weekly watch for any better price and if their is a better deal I get it. We started booking directly with the Cruise Line because I have more control of my reservation. This costs me most travel agents offer extra perks that I will not get maybe $150.00 in value. The August 28 Bermuda Cruise I booked 18 month in advance.

Bermuda the end of August for us because of water temp. The water is warmer and the air temp is going to be great we like it hot. (I live in south Florida). We can not go in water under 80F, no way. The warmer the water temp. the higher the risk of a tropical storm or Hurricanes, but we are willing to take the risk.

Edited by southernbreezes
left out something important.

Be prepared for a VERY crowded island in 2017 due to the America's Cup.

During a three week period at the end of June and into July, the ship is doing two cruises in New England and Canada. This is to avoid the American's cup, don't know if they were asked not to come to Bermuda or what the cirumstances are but they won't be there during America's cup. We booked the second cruise going to New England a 9 day cruise.

Edited by dkjretired

During a three week period at the end of June and into July, the ship is doing two cruises in New England and Canada. This is to avoid the American's cup, don't know if they were asked not to come to Bermuda or what the cirumstances are but they won't be there during America's cup. We booked the second cruise going to New England a 9 day cruise.

Celebrity is not avoiding the America's Cup in Bermuda. We just got off the Summit and Captain Kate made an announcement about the "Regetta Cruise" that will call on Boston and spend 4 days in Bermuda for the races. We could see the village being built right off the dockyard area and the USA and Japan team buildings. According to what has been disclosed the finish line will be right by the ship while it is docked.

Celebrity is not avoiding the America's Cup in Bermuda. We just got off the Summit and Captain Kate made an announcement about the "Regetta Cruise" that will call on Boston and spend 4 days in Bermuda for the races. We could see the village being built right off the dockyard area and the USA and Japan team buildings. According to what has been disclosed the finish line will be right by the ship while it is docked.

That is perhaps another race because the Summit leaves Bermuda on June 25th and does not arrive back in Bermuda until July 12th. I know because I am booked on the second of the cruises heading north. The first cruise heads to New England and Canada on the 27th of June and does the 4th of July on an overnight in Boston. It then works it way south back to New Jersey. Does not go to Bermuda. Second cruise heads north and after Boston goes to Bermuda. By the time they get to Bermuda on the 12th the American's cup is over. I also saw the building going on but some information that you were given is wrong. I have the paperwork right in front of me.

kfrey is absolutely correct. The 6/18-25 9 night Bermuda cruise is billed as

Sailing's Biggest Regatta in Bermuda. Summit will be there for the 24th and 25th day races.

Correct but that is not the American's cup which is what I was talking about. The regatta is a race held every year from Newport, RI to Bermuda. The construction, etc that Kfrey is talking about is not for the regatta it is for the American's Cup which is held every few years somewhere in the world. Next year it is in Bermuda. Once example of the constrution is a huge building on the waterfront which is the home of Oracles's team. We are talking two different races, the Summit is in Bermuda every year for the regatta and is avoiding Bermuda and heading north for the America's cup.

Edited by dkjretired

A word of warning about muster: get there about 30-45 mins. early if you want to sit down. We stood through the whole thing and it was miserable. I have never seen so many people unsafely packed in for what was supposed to be a safety drill. Couldn't see anything going on as the only way I could stand without touching other people was to face the windows, away from the crew that was demonstrating. How safe is that for newbies? They really need to do something to improve this!!

FYI, I doubt it's any better during a real evacuation (gasp). Perhaps they are trying to let you see what to expect during the real thing.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Motorman23

That is perhaps another race because the Summit leaves Bermuda on June 25th and does not arrive back in Bermuda until July 12th. I know because I am booked on the second of the cruises heading north. The first cruise heads to New England and Canada on the 27th of June and does the 4th of July on an overnight in Boston. It then works it way south back to New Jersey. Does not go to Bermuda. Second cruise heads north and after Boston goes to Bermuda. By the time they get to Bermuda on the 12th the American's cup is over. I also saw the building going on but some information that you were given is wrong. I have the paperwork right in front of me.

This is the race schedule from the America's Cup website.

http://www.cupinfo.com/en/americas-cup-2017-dates-and-schedule-detailed-01.php

Can anyone offer insight as to when the best time to book this cruise would be. In terms of the lowest price and best perks? Thanks.

I have been taking cruises to Bermuda every year for the past 4 years. Prices and promo vary from year to year. May is too cold for me, summer - too many kids, last sailing of the season is perfect. 4 years ago we paid $2000 for balcony cabin, this year inside is more than that....It seems that bookings are strong this year and I don't see any price promos this season. I opted for 5 days on Anthem, having balcony cabin for less that inside on the Summit - I know they are not the same cruise line/ ships...;)

Edited by ISABELLA

FYI, I doubt it's any better during a real evacuation (gasp). Perhaps they are trying to let you see what to expect during the real thing.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL Trying to simulate the real thing? Too funny. We should've all been screaming and crying then. Will try that next time. :D