Dr. Suess Breakfast

kimma11

On the Fantasy the breakfast was held on the last day. The food was basically the as the Seaday Brunch. Each character appears for photos for a few minutes, The kids love it. If you attend the first seating, you could also make the Behind the Scene tour.

The cost is 5$ a person. They have a table set up as you board where you can reserve.

My husband and I did this and we really enjoyed it; it was fun and playful and when we went there were mainly adults (there were only 30 kids on the cruise for that sailing) and both times were full. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

The food is more colorful such as green eggs and ham.

The MDR is decorated and it was worth the $. We will do it again. I guess we are kids at heart. lol :D

Is there a fee for the Dr Suess breakfast and other meals served and whats on the menu??

Its really adorable and a lot of fun (for adults who are young at heart, as well as for kids). The actually menu is written like a Dr Seuss book (in rhyme and in his prose). I read the menu to my kids and it was as though I was reading a bedtime story and they got a good chuckle out of it. The menu included things like pancakes with food coloring that are stacked high to resemble the Cat's hat, waffles with red and white icing-looking stuff in the indentations, green eggs and ham (as previously mentioned by another poster), French toast covered in colorful cereal, etc. There are also regular items. I had the steak (filet mignon) and eggs (real eggs, not powdered) which came with spinach, potatoes and tomato and was really good. You could get omelettes, country breakfast, etc. I'm sure you can google the menu.

It was in a MDR and they had decorated it wonderfully with the Dr Suess decorations. All the staff were in "Thing" tshirts and put on the blue wigs to do a song and dance for the kids. The characters made an appearance for picture ops (Thing 1, Thing 2, The Cat in the Ham and Sam I Am).

Its really adorable and a lot of fun (for adults who are young at heart, as well as for kids). The actually menu is written like a Dr Seuss book (in rhyme and in his prose). I read the menu to my kids and it was as though I was reading a bedtime story and they got a good chuckle out of it. The menu included things like pancakes with food coloring that are stacked high to resemble the Cat's hat, waffles with red and white icing-looking stuff in the indentations, green eggs and ham (as previously mentioned by another poster), French toast covered in colorful cereal, etc. There are also regular items. I had the steak (filet mignon) and eggs (real eggs, not powdered) which came with spinach, potatoes and tomato and was really good. You could get omelettes, country breakfast, etc. I'm sure you can google the menu.

It was in a MDR and they had decorated it wonderfully with the Dr Suess decorations. All the staff were in "Thing" tshirts and put on the blue wigs to do a song and dance for the kids. The characters made an appearance for picture ops (Thing 1, Thing 2, The Cat in the Ham and Sam I Am).

I seen a video of a family eating there with the father getting steak and eggs i thought it was just green eggs and ham but you have just confirmed what i saw that is a good deal for $5 i am going to make reservation as soon as i get on board. Thanks all

So no one would think it was wierd for a 40 something, a 21 year old, and a 19 year old to go the breakfast? It sounds like a blast

Not at all. There were several adult only tables when we went and nobody gave them a second look!

I seen a video of a family eating there with the father getting steak and eggs i thought it was just green eggs and ham but you have just confirmed what i saw that is a good deal for $5 i am going to make reservation as soon as i get on board. Thanks all

It is definitely a great deal, imo. Well worth $5

When we sailed the Sunshine in 2016 they had a big Dr Suess afternoon function for the kids with some music activities, a parade complete with the kids playing rhythm instruments from the Ocean Plaza to the theater and finally a reading of The Cat in the Hat with the kids up on stage. The kids loved it and it seemed to be great fun :D

Can't wait! Definitely on our agenda!

Is it unlimited food? Just curious because my husband can put food away like no other.......

Yes. My kids wanted to order the green eggs and ham but were tentative because they weren't sure that they would like them so the waiter told them just to order it along with another meal in case they didn't like it. So they both ordered 2 meals

• 2 months later...

Yes you can call guest services the first day and make your reservation. My grandson is 9 and loves this breakfast with the Cat.

Tried to insert a picture but it says I need a url, how do I insert from my photos?

Yes you can call guest services the first day and make your reservation. My grandson is 9 and loves this breakfast with the Cat.

Tried to insert a picture but it says I need a url, how do I insert from my photos?

We're taking our 12 year old granddaughter on a cruise in Aug. and dragging her to the breakfast whether she wants it or not (we can't wait!). I make tee shirts by making a design, printing it onto an "iron on" sheet instead of paper and ironing it on any old tee. Here are the two designs---they'll be 8x10" on her shirt Suess at Sea on the front----actual breakfast pix on the back. We have Granpa 1 and Grandma 1 with the breakfast pictures on the back.

35483892822_e4e94f36b3.jpg

35652667115_ac5335932f.jpg

So no one would think it was wierd for a 40 something, a 21 year old, and a 19 year old to go the breakfast? It sounds like a blast

My 39 yo fiance and I went in November '15. They sat all the unaccompanied adults together (two big tables with just adults).

:)

We plan on going again this November.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm traveling with my 70 year old parents and their friends and my older brother on a cruise in December. We plan on doing this. There is no kids with us....lol...this post made me feel better about booking this breakfast since there are no kids in our group....lol