Beach Access Hotel in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach?

robin_in_ak

Hello,

I am looking for hotel options that are right on the beach in the Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. We will have a rental car and don't mind being a few miles away from the port (no more than a 20-30 min drive though).

From what I've read on here and googled, it looks like Courtyard Marriott Cocoa Beach has beach access. Is the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach right on the water as well? I couldn't tell from their website. I see the LaQuinta is on the beach, but it doesn't have great reviews (and I have had bad experiences with that chain). Any other suggestions?

Also, what is the water like in January? We have three young kids that love to swim. We live in Alaska, so they are used to being in pretty frigid water :D

Thanks for any help.

Robin

We stayed at La Quinta last year and loved it.

Its right next to the pier and the beach was awesome.

I would stay here again in a heart beat

Could be a little noisey with the live music at the pier at night.

Not sure about the bad reviews-cant please everyone.

If I remember right we booked through PL and got a great rate-but it was in Oct.

Edited by harry0

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach twice. It has beach access but is not directly on the beach. There is a building in front of it which blocks the view.

I also stayed at Double Tree about a block south of Hampton. It is directly on the beach and offers freee parking for the duration of the cruise. It is about five miles from the port I liked this one better but it did not include breakfast.

Thank you both for the suggestions (and clarifying the proximity of the Hampton Inn!). I will look into the LaQuinta again, and check out the Double Tree.

Where did you read the poor reviews? We're booked there in November and I booked it based on the proximity to the pier/beach AND the really good reviews I had read. Now you have me wondering what I didn't see :rolleyes:

We stay at the Hampton.....usually do ask for a high floor...all the rooms look at the water though. There is a lovely short path to the water/beach and not an issue. The nice thing from the high floors there (you can always take the elevator up to the top floor) is all the doors open to an outside type hallway. You can actually see the ships from there in the port. Our camera has 50 x zoom or some such and the picture looks like we are right there!

They do have breakfast. IHOP and such across the street. Grocery store to the left down the street. The parking lot is shared by the Hampton Inn and the Courtyard...they sit "kitty cornered" to each other.

Lou

I have stayed at the Best Western and The Doubletree before. They

are both on the beach.:)

Hi Nat....hope you are doing well:)

Where did you read the poor reviews? We're booked there in November and I booked it based on the proximity to the pier/beach AND the really good reviews I had read. Now you have me wondering what I didn't see :rolleyes:

I glanced at the reviews on their own website: http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ622&propId=622

There are only a handful, but they are all recent and say it is so-so. I have to confess, I probably didn't read them with an open mind- usually I read lots and lots of reviews and look for trends, but I had a bad experience with a really gross LaQuinta outside of Chicago, so it was easy to write this one off as well. I've been reading on Tripadvisor, and they have many positive reviews for this place.

We spent 3 nights at the LaQuinta oceanside. We were very happy with it. The location is perfect. Right on the beach. We had an ocean facing room with a balcony. Wonderful view. It is an older hotel and shows its wear, but everything was clean, and we had no problem with the staff. I would love to stay there again. There is also a Publix right across the road, good if you want to pick up anything.

Claudia

Does anyone know if the Residence Inn has beach access? It looks close from the map but you never know what kind of land is around there. Also can you see the ships from the Residence Inn? Not really important but I sure do like to see them in the morning!

Does anyone know if the Residence Inn has beach access? It looks close from the map but you never know what kind of land is around there. Also can you see the ships from the Residence Inn? Not really important but I sure do like to see them in the morning!

The Residence Inn is across the street....it is on the Westside of

A1A......so you would walk across the street and then continue walking

till you get to the beach. There is no "beach access" except for your

2 feet;)

Not sure what map you are looking at........

The Residence Inn is across the street....it is on the Westside of

A1A......so you would walk across the street and then continue walking

till you get to the beach. There is no "beach access" except for your

2 feet;)

Not sure what map you are looking at........

Well, I guess that's what I meant...it's close enough to walk :p

Hilton is just past the Doubletree, great beach access and they have a new tiki bar. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Here is another vote for the Hilton. Away from all the "cruise/vacation" congestion associated with the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach traffic.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the new bar/fire pit/pool area. Great place for a precruise get together.

Tim

Here is another vote for the Hilton. Away from all the "cruise/vacation" congestion associated with the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach traffic.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE the new bar/fire pit/pool area. Great place for a precruise get together.

Tim

I'm staying at the Hilton next month. Recently I've seen reviews online and have become worried. Are they completely finished with their renovations?

I'm staying at the Hilton next month. Recently I've seen reviews online and have become worried. Are they completely finished with their renovations?

If I am correct, there was one floor closed for reno at the time we were there which was May of this year. We were on the top floor and reno was completed.

I would not be afraid to stay there at all.

Tim

If I am correct, there was one floor closed for reno at the time we were there which was May of this year. We were on the top floor and reno was completed.

I would not be afraid to stay there at all.

Tim

Whew! Thanks! I figured, but based on some of the reviews, you never know. But I suppose it's just like some of the cruise reviews you see on here.